• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Death & Sorrow Are Universal.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even for animals.

[video=youtube;v0L6uW9nOxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0L6uW9nOxY[/video]

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two Birds In Love Separated Forever.

[video=youtube;PHqOMy_UBVg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHqOMy_UBVg[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lets get real :wink:

[video=youtube;84D3jtCdB8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84D3jtCdB8Q[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;1alkt1F7DM4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1alkt1F7DM4[/video]

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lets get real :wink:

I won't mind if you started another thread titled "Quarrels & Disputes Are Universal".

Really, it's all about the three roots of greed, aversion and delusion. All sorrows and all quarrels arise from these three roots.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I won't mind if you started another thread titled "Quarrels & Disputes Are Universal".

Really, it's all about the three roots of greed, aversion and delusion. All sorrows and all quarrels arise from these three roots.

as long as we are humans ...there are always greed ( sometimes its good to have some greed , its another way of motivation ) aversion or even delusion ( not all but most of the religious ppl have it ) .

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as long as we are humans ...there are always greed ( sometimes its good to have some greed , its another way of motivation ) aversion or even delusion ( not all but most of the religious ppl have it ) .

Well, I caught a glimpse of the other shore. It seems to be still, tranquil and peaceful.

I find this side of the shore too crowded and noisy. Although it has its share of fun, it also has its share of boredom and torture. If you feel happy being on this side of the shore, I am also happy for you! There are different types of happiness!

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, I caught a glimpse of the other shore. It seems to be still, tranquil and peaceful........

Kryonlight,

Is this Buddhist's teaching?

Anyway, we all know or at least many of us perceived: The grass on the other side is always greener. I tend to believe the latter than the former because often we are disappointed when to get to the other side of the fend....instead of finding 'stillness, tranquility, peace' we ended up with a load of headache and heartache!

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, I caught a glimpse of the other shore. It seems to be still, tranquil and peaceful.

I find this side of the shore too crowded and noisy. Although it has its share of fun, it also has its share of boredom and torture. If you feel happy being on this side of the shore, I am also happy for you! There are different types of happiness!

all shores are the same ...as long as theres human :wink: . all humans have good and bad intentions no one is all the way bad or all the way good ...afterall we are human . no matter how much teaching it is from any religion ...you still cant change and delete all the emotions be it good or bad in a human . welcome to earth :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all humans have good and bad intentions no one is all the way bad or all the way good ...you still cant change and delete all the emotions be it good or bad in a human

Intention is a conditioned phenomenon. It arises from a cause. The other shore transcends all good and bad intentions.

Feeling/Emotion is a conditioned phenomenon. It arises from a cause. The other shore transcends all feelings/emotions.

Delight in conditioned phenomena is what ties beings down in this universe.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Intention is a conditioned phenomenon. It arises from a cause. The other shore transcends all good and bad intentions.

Feeling/Emotion is a conditioned phenomenon. It arises from a cause. The other shore transcends all feelings/emotions.

Delight in conditioned phenomena is what ties beings down in this universe.

yes i do agree that intention is a conditioned phenomenon ..as long as you are living around humans or any big city ..the condition will always be there .

yes i also agree with you that feeling and emotion is a conditioned phenomenon that arises from a cause and same with intention conditioned phenomenon as long as you are living around humans or any big city ..you cant avoid those . unless you are like some monk who live in the moutain or forest by himself .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thats why i always tell myself if one day i really wanted to become a buddist ..i will give up everything i have and stay in the mountain ..and become a true buddist ...too bad , i still cannot give up of all the things i have now thats why im not a buddist . i dont believe a cityboy or a businessman can be a buddist ..theres too many temptation in the big city theres no way you can condition yourself :wink:

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why i always tell myself if one day i really wanted to become a buddist ..i will give up everything i have and stay in the mountain ..and become a true buddist ...too bad , i still cannot give up of all the things i have now thats why im not a buddist . i dont believe a cityboy or a businessman can be a buddist ..theres too many temptation in the big city theres no way you can condition yourself :wink:

There are 4 stages to cross to the other shore. The first stage is relatively easy simply by getting rid of these three fetters.

1. Self-identity views / doctrines of self
2. Uncertainty/doubt about the existence of the other shore
3. Grasping at precepts and practices (including prayers to an invisible man)

I have passed the first stage, but I am not beyond sensual desire and ill will yet.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are 4 stages to cross to the other shore. The first stage is relatively easy simply by getting rid of these three fetters.

1. Self-identity views / doctrines of self
2. Uncertainty/doubt about the existence of the other shore
3. Grasping at precepts and practices (including prayers to an invisible man)

I have passed the first stage, but I am not beyond sensual desire and ill will yet.

i have long ago passed the no.3 stage :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Someone once enlightened me that i do not have to become a monk in order to be enlightened to know the way and path in life.
That person told me i can do more for others continuing in what i am doing and in the end, when i help others, i helped myself
by getting a deeper insight into things and myself.