• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I bring Ibuprofen drug into Singapore?

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flying in to Singapore for a visit. Taking ibuprofen for pain issues. Ibuprofen is a non-prescription drug that can be bought over the counter in pharmacies. This a box of 24 caplets 200mg ibuprofen.

Not sure if ibuprofen is a controlled drug in Singapore, any one know if this can be brought into Singapore for personal use as part of medication and in no more than a box of 24 caplets?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flying in to Singapore for a visit. Taking ibuprofen for pain issues. Ibuprofen is a non-prescription drug that can be bought over the counter in pharmacies. This a box of 24 caplets 200mg ibuprofen.

Not sure if ibuprofen is a controlled drug in Singapore, any one know if this can be brought into Singapore for personal use as part of medication and in no more than a box of 24 caplets?

Yes, it is an Over The Counter painkiller, you can bring in small quantity , of course not in bulk right? & don't bring it in the box it came with, just open it up and put in a plastic bag.

Ibuprfen, is not only for pain, if you have a fever that won't go away, you take it, in between alternating with paracetamol, and after one day, you still have a fever, you go see a doctor. Buy anything over 40c you go see the hospital. This was taught to me, by my good old doctor. But don't take ibuprofen for simple fever, and it has side effects.

Are you having period pains that you take ibuprofen?:biggrin:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
ibuprofen is fine, just not codeine. Some medication like neurofen plus or panadeine have codeine in them. I think because its a morphite derivative, they are banned in Singapore. Then again, it depends on how "stringent" or if the customs officers even know about them.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is ok to bring it in. You can get them cheap at Polyclinics and public Hospitals (ask for the pharmacist first) which I often do as at other commercial pharmacies they are more expensive and they sell in smaller quantities. When I travel I buy them as they are more effective than panadol.

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks all for confirming it is ok to bring Ibuprofen into Singapore.

Knocked my elbow on the door, bones has been painful since, takes time to heal, Doctor advise to take Ibuprofen to relieve the pain.

220px-200mg_ibuprofen_tablets.jpg

Bought this 200mg Ibuprofen 24 caplets in Walmart for less than $5. I will keep the bottle that contains the Ibuprofen caplets but throw away the box. This should be better for customs because the label on the bottle showed the brand name, what the drug is and also indicates it is a non-prescription drug. Putting the caplets in plastic bag is more suspicious...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ibuprofen is fine, just not codeine. Some medication like neurofen plus or panadeine have codeine in them. I think because its a morphite derivative, they are banned in Singapore. Then again, it depends on how "stringent" or if the customs officers even know about them.

codeline cannot ? wnich means cough syrup cannot bring in to singapore ? because many cough syrup contain codeline .

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe ok with prescription. I think. Last time when I was in Singapore, I don't recall able to buy neurofen plus or pannadein though.

http://www.erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_law.shtml

Singapore #
One visitor described that Codeine-containing pain relievers are Class B in Singapore and require a prescription. Another visitor described that Panadeine (8 mg codeine + acetaminophen/paracetamol) is available without prescription behind the counter at pharmacies, requiring ID and recording ID info in a log book. (unconfirmed) (thanks DK,A) (last updated June 24 2010)

codeline cannot ? wnich means cough syrup cannot bring in to singapore ? because many cough syrup contain codeline .

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
you've seen some of the Singapore custom officers or not? You think they have time to detain you ah ?

oh ok ..because sometimes when i come back singapore with my wife , she likes to bring her own japanese medication ...if she kenna stop at the custom jialat sia. hahahaha.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you've seen some of the Singapore custom officers or not? You think they have time to detain you ah ?

not yet at the moment but just in case ..you never know . i got friends kenna detain at the airport for routine check for urine ..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If they are green, bored or you are unlucky, they can make life a little more difficult.

I sometimes see a new batch of AETOS personnel at the causeway entry point. Can tell they are new because they are very "on" & try to search everyone:eek:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, most of the time, "Nothing to declare" went straight through the arrival door. You guys should see the customs here at Sydney Airport.

If they are green, bored or you are unlucky, they can make life a little more difficult.

I sometimes see a new batch of AETOS personnel at the causeway entry point. Can tell they are new because they are very "on" & try to search everyone:eek:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed, most of the time, "Nothing to declare" went straight through the arrival door. You guys should see the customs here at Sydney Airport.

ya man sydney airport abit siao ...even peanutbutter also cannot .

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
All first time visitors to Australia gets checked. If you go through the customs here a few times. No criminal records, looks decent, they let you through without checking. The last time I arrive back, I went through without checking, while the bunch of PRC students went through the checking gates. Was kind of surprised considering everyone else queued up on the other end. Was also surprised when my wife said the same thing as well. As I was expecting her to get checked, since its her first time arrival here.

ya man sydney airport abit siao ...even peanutbutter also cannot .

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you can,. Done it many times. Brought in both prescription and non prescription drugs. Non prescription drugs were extra strength Tylenol, extra strength Advil and London Drugs extra strength ibuprofen(400mg-144s) and extra strength glacosamine with chondroitin and sleeping pills.Prescription drugs(pain killers and sleeping pills) were for my relatives in Spore or KL. Everytime when one of us from Canada is going back for holidays, the request is always bring back extra strength pain killers, glacosamine and sleeping pills. They prefer the prescription pain killers, but doctor only willing to prescript a small amount without raising eyebrows. So no choice and had to buy those over the counter extra strength ones.
Just make sure those over the drugs come in original packaging. Prescription one should have your name, doctor name,pharmacy name and address, drug name and other info. For the last 2 years my luggages were Xrays at Changi. The Malaysian custom officers at Tanjong Pagar and at the new Woodlands ICQ search the luggage looked at the contents and let them thru

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All first time visitors to Australia gets checked. If you go through the customs here a few times. No criminal records, looks decent, they let you through without checking. The last time I arrive back, I went through without checking, while the bunch of PRC students went through the checking gates. Was kind of surprised considering everyone else queued up on the other end. Was also surprised when my wife said the same thing as well. As I was expecting her to get checked, since its her first time arrival here.

yes, i always wear long sleeve shirt or a suit if im taking plane to cover up my tattoo . if not when airport custom see me sure stop me .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Same thing happened to me when I was re-visiting Toronto. When they asked the purpose of the visit I just told them "to look around":biggrin: They sent me to the little room for further checks . Fortunately they had my records in their system of my past visits to Canada & let me in:o

From that experience I learned to be more attentive to questions from any official at a border, including Spore.

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you can,. Done it many times. Brought in both prescription and non prescription drugs. Non prescription drugs were extra strength Tylenol, extra strength Advil and London Drugs extra strength ibuprofen(400mg-144s) and extra strength glacosamine with chondroitin and sleeping pills.Prescription drugs(pain killers and sleeping pills) were for my relatives in Spore or KL.
:
:
Just make sure those over the drugs come in original packaging. Prescription one should have your name, doctor name,pharmacy name and address, drug name and other info. For the last 2 years my luggages were Xrays at Changi. The Malaysian custom officers at Tanjong Pagar and at the new Woodlands ICQ search the luggage looked at the contents and let them thru

Thanks for the above info - and non prescription drugs, extra strength Tylenol, extra strength Advil, (400mg-144s), extra strength glacosamine with chondroitin etc. Very useful in knowing what is allowed and not allowed, what strength, how many mg is allowed. Drugs as such, got to be careful, if not, kena charged.

You mentioned prescription pain killers? Is that Tylenol #3 (Acetaminophen/Codine)? Can bring into Singapore?