• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DESMOND says he is independent from PAP! REALLY?

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE NEWS

I'll be an independent voice, says Desmond Choo
Posted: 12 May 2012 2113 hrs

SINGAPORE: PAP candidate for the Hougang by-election, Desmond Choo, said that as an MP he will be an independent voice.

He said: "As long as policies are in line with long-term benefit of residents and Singaporeans, I can definitely agree with that. But if there are areas where the government can do better, then let's speak up for this. Let's make sure we lobby hard for it."

He cited the demolishment of a market in the constituency as an example.

"MND may have development plans, I agree they should plan for the long-term. But now I see there's a gap. I'm not afraid to speak up on these issues," said Mr Choo.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a community event, Mr Choo said that if he was voted the MP for Hougang, he could do a lot more for residents.

He said: "As best as I try to serve them, there's still a limit. If there's a policy I disagree with, of course I can reflect that to the agencies, through formal channels. I can also talk to the media like yourselves but nothing beats going up to Parliament, championing and advocating their rights."

He also stressed that he is committed to serving Hougang residents for the long-term.

-CNA/ac

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said: "As long as policies are in line with long-term benefit of residents and Singaporeans, I can definitely agree with that. But if there are areas where the government can do better, then let's speak up for this. c

Errr....longterm benefit of Singapore is what? is preserving PAP POWER a long term benefit huh?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uh this Desmond is really stating an OXYMORON,,,how can a PAP MP be independent? Its like saying he is a Kosher Pig Farmer..,..and if he really is 'independent' he sure will kenna the whip one...I remember that Sitoh chap from Potong Pasir also say that,,,look how quiet he is now,,,

Only morons will fall for PAP members being independent,,,the ones who were independent were all kicked out of PAP...look at TCB, Tan Soo Khoon etc

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE NEWS

I can also talk to the media like yourselves but nothing beats going up to Parliament, championing and advocating their rights."

He also stressed that he is committed to serving Hougang residents for the long-term.

-CNA/ac

Oh ya, that is new or even news? Png Eng Huat can also do that leh and even much better than this young Polumpar newbie. Even if Desmond were to summon the Trinity from his camp also no use. Look at Aljunied, the trinity go there to threaten people instead of winning their heart.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i will believe him if he resign fr the MIW now and stand as an independent. plus he ask Lui TY to take responsibility for the MRT fiasco and resign.

otherwise talk is chirp.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE NEWS

SINGAPORE: PAP candidate for the Hougang by-election, Desmond Choo, said that as an MP he will be an independent voice.

He said: "As long as policies are in line with long-term benefit of residents and Singaporeans, I can definitely agree with that. But if there are areas where the government can do better, then let's speak up for this. Let's make sure we lobby hard for it."

He cited the demolishment of a market in the constituency as an example.

"MND may have development plans, I agree they should plan for the long-term. But now I see there's a gap. I'm not afraid to speak up on these issues," said Mr Choo.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a community event, Mr Choo said that if he was voted the MP for Hougang, he could do a lot more for residents.

He said: "As best as I try to serve them, there's still a limit. If there's a policy I disagree with, of course I can reflect that to the agencies, through formal channels. I can also talk to the media like yourselves but nothing beats going up to Parliament, championing and advocating their rights."

-CNA/ac

This MFTB finally admits those hardcore uncles never really fight for their constituents and were never independent in their voices.
He also stressed that they were never committed to serving the constituents for long term and he will be the first to do so.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE NEWS

I'll vote for if he's ready to face off the ruling Party to stand up for right for not only Au Kang but also the Sin Jia Por Ren!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE NEWS

I'll vote for if he's ready to face off the ruling Party to stand up for right for not only Au Kang but also the Sin Jia Por Ren!

The only chance for him to win HG hearts is to fuck the LEEGIME openly and drag LHL into the picture to screw further. Otherwise, like bros here mentioned, talk is cheap.

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time during GE2001 and 2006 Goh Chok Toong also said that should Sitoh and Low Siak Meng won they would be free from party whip in parliament but they didn't win anyway.

now they are trying the same tactics again!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Choo is another big time talk cockster... How the F@ck can he be independent from the PAP when he'll be wearing the all white scum attire and standing under the PAP banner in the upcomin Hougang BE?

Before election he claims to be independent from the PAP.. After elected to Parliament, he'll continue to suck the balls of his Pappy Masters.. Never ever believe a PAP scum.. Once a Pappy Scum, always a Pappy Scum..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viv B applied the same approach and again made it known in his maiden speech. He turned out to be one of the worst offenders.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Desmond Choo is another big time talk cockster... How the F@ck can he be independent from the PAP when he'll be wearing the all white scum attire and standing under the PAP banner in the upcomin Hougang BE?

Before election he claims to be independent from the PAP.. After elected to Parliament, he'll continue to suck the balls of his Pappy Masters.. Never ever believe a PAP scum.. Once a Pappy Scum, always a Pappy Scum..

Simply put, he is acting like baby wearing white diapers and talk about independency.

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is talking shit, don;t forget there is a party wip, are you sure you can go again your party, please talk with your brain not your ass. Don't make a fool of yourself

killborat

Alfrescian
Loyal
long term interest of Singapore is NOT equal to PAP's inerests.....Hougang residents must be DAFT to believe him!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to the forumners who have shown plenty of examples of so called PAP MPs who said they will be independent but turned out to be the biggest turncoats ever,,,this 'independent' story is soo overused by the PAPPIES I hope voters will no longer fall for such crap,,,

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the forumners who have shown plenty of examples of so called PAP MPs who said they will be independent but turned out to be the biggest turncoats ever,,,this 'independent' story is soo overused by the PAPPIES I hope voters will no longer fall for such crap,,,

I've no doubt that Desmond will exercise independent thinking, challenge status quo, engage govt bodies (he mentioned MND) where necessary. But there'll come a time where you've to take a stand on issues, regardless of what you think, the merits of the case, etc. That's where party loyalty will come in. And if you don't align correctly, you're finished politically.

Because politics are always about loyalty.