• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang By-election later news up date

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2012-05-16 Hougang By-election Nomination Day

536457_465391400144115_149672065049385_1990285_405170310_n.jpg

547420_465391426810779_149672065049385_1990286_1295030096_n.jpg

179973_465391493477439_149672065049385_1990288_1361487676_n.jpg

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of the WP candidates have slimmed down a lot due to hard work on the ground. PAP on the other hand has many bloke putting on their weight year after year - sign of complaceny and laziness - cedric foo and Seng Han Thong are one of those..

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Workers' Party's Png Eng Huat runs "no-frills" campaign

showimageCC.aspx

by Joanne Chan
Updated 05:27 PM May 16, 2012
SINGAPORE - The Workers' Party candidate for Hougang Png Eng Huat said he's running a "no-frills and low key, ground" campaign.

Relying less on social media, Mr Png said he prefers to speak to residents personally, going door-to-door.

Mr Png said he has no Twitter account and his Facebook page will remain inactive during the hustings. Only the Workers' Party and Hougang SMC Facebook pages will be used for updates.

Notebook in hand, Mr Png Eng Huat cuts a solitary figure across Hougang in his Workers' Party blue shirt.

He speaks to residents and jots down their concerns, switching between English and Hokkien.

Mr Png was announced as the Workers' Party candidate in May, just three months after former MP Yaw Shin Leong was expelled from the party for failing to account for his alleged personal indiscretions.

His quiet ways are in sharp contrast to party secretary-general Low Thia Khiang, who held Hougang for 20 years and is now MP for Aljunied GRC.

But the 50-year-old businessman said he's had a warm response from residents.

Mr Png said: "They've met me, they have talked to me, they have not given me any indication they want me to be fiery. But the bottom line for me is, things must get done. In the sense, whether I'm fiery or I'm doing is on the quiet, things must get done. Views must be aired."

Mr Png joined the Workers' Party in 2006.

He started with the Hougang Constituency Committee, heading its welfare arm.

In 2011, he was part of the Workers' Party team for East Coast GRC.

He went back to Hougang this February after the Workers' Party expelled Mr Yaw Shin Leong.

Mr Png has said that if elected, he will raise issues concerning education, transport and low-wage workers in parliament.

On the municipal front, he will push for estate upgrading and expand the ward's existing welfare programmes as well as its EduTrust Fund to cover more residents.

"My objective is, I do not want to duplicate services. My belief is that anything that benefits the community, let's do it," Mr Png said.

With nine days of campaigning ahead of him, Mr Png has been busy working on his speeches and logistics with his team.

And he's received some inspiration from his 11-year-old daughter.

"Kids are wonderful. They can support PAP or WP, but then later they'd play together. That should be the way, we should learn more from them," he said.

Win or lose, Mr Png said he would still serve Hougang residents, to the best of his ability.

showimageCC.aspx
iconMagnify.gif

enlarge this photo

The WP holds its press conference after the Hougang by-election candidates wre announced. (TODAY photo)

<tbody>
</tbody>

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Nomination Day for By-election in Hougang (2012)[/h]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDBg4duMZLc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDBg4duMZLc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, it would have been interesting to hear what JBJ had to say about the 2011 breakthrough, as his contention has always been that such a mode of operation would not achieve a breakthrough. Or even YSL's sacking in 2012 as they were kind of close. But he left in 2008, 3 years before. Time are not men's to control.