• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today saw 1 angmoh riding horse at Shanton Way

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'' CCB, How Come That Ang Moh Riding on My Horse..??? '' :confused: :eek: :confused:

say_my.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Young friends, behind is Cavenagh Bridge. It still has a signboard allowing horses to cross between Empress Place and Raffles Place. No illegal!

At least you are one observant person, I bet thousands, thousands on thwir way to work, never paused to look around them. The sign had been there for years, is it still there? have not been there for quite a while. There used to be hitching post at the GPO building now known as a hotel, maybe during renovations they might have removed them There were hitching post around Raffles place old buildings in the past, The Charted Bank Building, Old Straits Trading ( the 1st one) and so forth...if one looked carefully...I think I saw some ole gas lamps at the old The Arcade...

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Horse-drawn taxis are still available in major North American and European cities, even horse-mounted police patrol. There was once my boss brought me to his sister's farmhouse in outskirt Seattle. I tried riding their horse, beginning with gentle cantle, then gentle gallop and then gathering confidence or rather, over confidence, went for full speed trying to make it take me over a low fence equestrian style. Obviously, my riding and horse controlling skill sucks. The horse looked puzzled and clueless as to what I really wanted and jammed brake, flinging me over the fence, leaving me quite some backaches and bruises. Fortunately, those were younger and tougher boned days and recovered within a couple of days, but they banned me from riding the horse ever since.