• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well thats where we differ, I am in no rush to move in and quality is a higher priority to me than delaying a few months to get it right. There is a saying "the sweetness of low cost is forgotten long after the bitterness of low quality remains".
Dont get me wrong, I am not obstinate or stubborn, I just want what I paid for and what is in the contract. If you went to the show room to pick up your new car and found it to be dirty with a wobbly wheel and it leaked I don't think you would have the same approach. A car is 000's of RM, a house is Millions of RM, don't see what I should relax standards just because people are lazy.

Considering that the majority of LF residents are expats (from one nation or another) it is not in the developers interest to get a bad reputation, so I don't think they will delay and delay. My experience so far is that they have been reasonable in attending to the defects list, its just they need to do better.

I totally agree with you to exercise your basic rights as house buyer to ask them to deliver a clean house and to attend to defects promptly. If you don't ask, you will be shortchanged.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad to see more homeowners taking over and moving into the neighbourhood.
Lots of activities and landscaping efforts as well.
Nice

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Managed to visit recently and the activities at Bayou Creek had really ramped up.

See more cars (MY/SG plates) and also more renovation going on.

Hope the earlier hiccups had been cleared for most.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It took me 3 years to understand that I should not pay Ringgit and expect Sing dollar standard. Simple terms but when every houses defects are rather disappointing by Spore standard and common by Malaysia standard, I told myself don't be too much. For my first house I screwed the chap because my carpet grass was brown and ailing when I took vacant possession and waited 2 months for them to plant it.. they dint do it then my RM 10,000 instalment was gone like that.. I spent some RM 1500 to replant it with some flowers and trees. Those chaps must be cursing me back in their office back then.

I agree with you. I dont own property in LF, only in EL but it is much the same. I heard HH is worse.
"Masuk kandang kambing megembek, masuk kandang kerbau menguak" pardon if i quoted wrongly.
Recently i had an issue where one electrical cable supplying power to my meter was defective. The TNB guy came by but could'nt resolve the issue, good thing i was there and managed to persuade him to pull a temporary cable so that at least my tenant has electricity. But then the cable was temporary and dangling outside my meter box enclosure as it was another project team from TNB who was supposed to fix it. I called them everyday, i put pressure on them, i lectured them - no use. UEM told me "we also angry with TNB but there is nothing we can do".

In Pioneer123's words, i lost my "war of attrition" and gave up. One week later, my tenant informed me TNB has fixed the cable - they will do it, but at their own time own target. The cheap property costs we pay is for this level of service. So you see, this is Malaysia style. 20 million Malaysian population's votes cannot change this culture. Occupy central KL in yellow shirts cannot change this culture. You think you can??? But bear with them a little bit, it will get done eventually.

Last edited:

trevor

Indeed it would be interesting to see someone try to establish it as a fact.
However, I much prefer the point raising concerns about lazy and insensitive comments going unchallenged.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed it would be interesting to see someone try to establish it as a fact.
However, I much prefer the point raising concerns about lazy and insensitive comments going unchallenged.

Then don't waste your time hiding under a clone and be the first one to challenge any comment that you think is lazy and insensitive rather than be lazy and worry about it going unchallenged.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard leisure farm launching bayou garden cluster homed and bayou creek phase 2 at shangrila hotel in singapore next weekend.
Official ground breaking of Fast track iskandar which is opposite lf later this month too.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM unveils RM42b Gerbang Nusajaya project in Johor

JOHOR (Apr 8):*UEM Sunrise Bhd*(Financial Dashboard) today unveiled development plans for its flagship B (Zone B) parcel in*Iskandar Malaysia, which has a gross development value (GDV) of RM42 billion.

Dubbed "Gerbang Nusajaya", Zone B is designed to promote growth via catalytic developments and strategic partnerships, said UEM Sunrise (fundamental: 1.5; valuation: 2) managing director and chief executive officer Anwar Syahrin Abdul Ajib.

"The unveiling of the comprehensive plans for Gerbang Nusajaya today*shows the vast potential that the area has to offer. As the master developer for Nusajaya, we are delighted to be working with our strategic partners to firmly establish Gerbang Nusajaya as the key gateway to Iskandar Malaysia," he told a press conference held at its Puteri Harbour sales gallery in Nusajaya here today.

To be developed over 25 years, the 4,551-acre development will serve as a commercial and business engine for Nusajaya and marks another milestone for the property developer.

"The Gerbang Nusajaya development is the new catalyst that will spearhead the next wave of growth in Iskandar Malaysia,"*DTZ Malaysia*executive director Brian Koh said.

He added that it will drive the commercial success of Nusajaya given its the strategic location between Malaysia and Singapore.

Gerbang Nusajaya will comprise developments such as Nusajaya Tech Park (519 acres of integrated eco-friendly technology park), FASTrack Iskandar (a 300-acre motorsports city), Signature Residences, Gerbang Nusantara (affordable housing), as well as lifestyle and retail parks, campus offices, and residential precincts.

The development is located 5km from the Tuas Checkpoint via the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link with easy access to the Senai International Airport and Singapore's Changi International Airport.

Gerbang Nusajaya is expected to create 76,000 direct job offerings, 137,000 indirect job offerings and an estimated population of 220,000 upon completion.*

Also present at the event were strategic partners for Nusajaya –*KLK Land Sdn Bhd*executive directo Datuk David Tan,Ascendas South East Asia*executive director William Tay as well as*Ascendas Services (Malaysia) Pte Ltd*executive director Dacon Pao, and*FASTrack (Iskandar) Sdn Bhd*directors Barry Kan and Tan Wee Han.

(Note: The Edge Research's fundamental score reflects a company’s profitability and balance sheet strength, calculated based on historical numbers. The valuation score determines if a stock is attractively valued or not, also based on historical numbers. A score of 3 suggests strong fundamentals and attractive valuations.)

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulation to Leisure Farm. The properties in Leisure Farm is officially the same price point as Melbourne (without the cross border malarkey ofcourse).

Stang

Alfrescian
Loyal
To answer questions regarding Bayou Creek 2nd phase questions above - the launch price for semi-d is RM2.8mil and above; as compared to 1st phase, only type B is offered (built-up circa 3700sqft), whereas 1st phase both typc B and type C (built up circa 4500sqft) were offered, internal design package is similar/same as i was told. I have a ph

Stang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a Bayou Creek 1st phase semi D (type C), as we are relocating overseas, so we would like to sell at an attractive price as soon as possible. If you (or people you know) would be interested, please text/call +65 9838 9283, or email [email protected]. Also I have a Bayou Water Village semi-d (3+1 bedrooms, 1,720 sqft built up) also for sale at best price you may find out there due to re-location. For both, photos and viewing are available. Sincere buyers only, no agent or causal inquiry please.

Scoutie

Hi there, I am intending to buy a plot of land to build my own house, and have the following questions hope to get some advise from fellow residents:
1) between ledang height and leisure farm, which management is better? I m very concern with the neighbourhood atmosphere.
2) how many areas are there in LF that sells vacant land? Which area is better?
3) what's the initial launching price psft?
4) in terms of pricing, any observation on flat out or down turn recently?

Looking for some guidance. I have been away from johor for too long. Completely lost touch.

Regards,
Xiao-Qian

chewlwb

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) between ledang height and leisure farm, which management is better? I m very concern with the neighbourhood atmosphere.
2) how many areas are there in LF that sells vacant land? Which area is better?
3) what's the initial launching price psft?
4) in terms of pricing, any observation on flat out or down turn recently?

Looking for some guidance. I have been away from johor for too long. Completely lost touch.

Regards,
Xiao-Qian

Hi Xiao-Qian,

I myself am looking to get a house in Leisure Farm, East Ledang/Ledang Heights or Horizon Hills. Having seen these places, I would say that LF, EL and HH are v well maintained and I would have no hesitation staying in any of them. But I like LF as the design and environment suits my taste most of all. I find LH to be less well maintained. The roads have many potholes and are very hilly (goes up and down). LF is quite flat.

You can buy land in LF in the Bayou Bay, Bayou Grove, Palm Grove, Polo View or Merbok Springs precincts. Many listed on sites like iProperty or PropertyGuru. Which is better? Depends on the size you want. 1/4 acre in BB & BG, 1/3 acre in PG and PV, 1 acre in MS. PG and PV are quite far away and isolated. But if you like solitude, that's the place to go. I haven't seen MS. Don't have that kind of money :smile: to buy those.

Launch price for land? In 1991, it would have been around RM 10 psf. But recent (2014) sales by Mulpha was $200 psf, or so I hear. I think fair value now would be around $100 psf for 1 acre lots and $150 psf for 1/4 acre. You need to check for yourself.

Chew

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that Porresia golf club within leisure farm sold to sultan of johore.
Wonder if this is good news or bad