• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is still one of the cheapest countries in ASEAN to own property, plus foreigners can own freehold landed. The HSR will connect KL-Malacca-Iskandar-SG into a large metropolis, and like it or not, SG needs Malaysia to do well.

The ones who keep talking about Iskandar prices being unsustainably high and overpriced, forget that Iskandar is right smack above one of the economic miracles of the world. If you think about Singapore as an Orchard Road/Shenton Way/Marina, Iskandar is an outer zone of SG. Of course not all of Iskandar may prosper and there will be setbacks along the way.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the Phase II of Bayou Creek sale has so far been tepid to say the least.
The launch of the land parcel as well as Bayou Creek came at a time when the incumbent state government and royalty decided that they want to be pro-locals.
The less investor friendly measures that was rolled out recently has definitely made their effect felt.
No sure how other projects such as Eco World are faring though.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, may i know how much the rental going for a 2bedroom terrace at leisure farm? first time renting there and i was told it is a safe gated development?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
From an Investor cum Resident I met when I visited Ledang Heights yesterday to check out my house:-

How can Iskandar prices be overpriced? Landed houses FREEHold is still priced @ S$1 million for Semi Ds. The same is going for S$3million in Lion City. Stunning Sea views going at S$400psf FREEHold and Lion City 99 year lease cost S$3000+ psf. The Iskandar prices are not even 1/3 of the prices in Lion City. Even if I were to pay S$100 toll daily, its still cheap compared to the S$2 million I would save.

This is what a foreigner from a Western country told me yesterday. He was damn pleased with the traffic @ Tuas which has cut down by 50% because earlier this year many Malaysian-reg cars who otherwise got no investments or capacity to invest big in Iskandar started jamming up the place instead of humbly taking Causeway link to JE/Tuas. They just want to earn Sing dollars and spend in JB and jam up the whole place

Malaysia is still one of the cheapest countries in ASEAN to own property, plus foreigners can own freehold landed. The HSR will connect KL-Malacca-Iskandar-SG into a large metropolis, and like it or not, SG needs Malaysia to do well.

The ones who keep talking about Iskandar prices being unsustainably high and overpriced, forget that Iskandar is right smack above one of the economic miracles of the world. If you think about Singapore as an Orchard Road/Shenton Way/Marina, Iskandar is an outer zone of SG. Of course not all of Iskandar may prosper and there will be setbacks along the way.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows how's the progress of the sales at LF lately?
Heard of some sales progress at Bayou Creek Phase II but largely slow.
Progress on the Phase II seems to be coming along well.
Phase I handover continue to progress and I can observe more units being handed over lately.
More folks will be starting their renovation work soon I suppose.
Enjoy the experience of doing up your new place.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
After years of waiting (literally haha) we have our handover date next Friday.

Then another 6 months of reno work hahaha.....will get in one day!!

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
After years of waiting (literally haha) we have our handover date next Friday.

Then another 6 months of reno work hahaha.....will get in one day!!

Congrats Pioneer.
Make sure you do a good run through of your check list with the management team to highlight any defects. Then it will be on the the tough but fun part of putting together a nice home in place. Have fun!

D

Deleted member 80916

Does anyone know why,..
Casa Norma - only after so little years, is undergoing major renovations again ?
Why is the Bungalow, next to casa Norma, still empty, abandoned , breeding lotss mosquitos ?

When will LF finally resolve the Porasia Golf Club Eyesore ?
Thanks

BabyFace

Did anyone encounter where Leisure Farm ask the buyer to pay the interest for late progressive payment? As we all know the payment is all handle by the lawyer and bank. Now with their inefficiency and delay in paying the developer, we ask to pay the interest which amounted to few thousands ringgit.
We are not allow to collect the key until this is setttle.
It is no different they act like a day light robbery.
Not our fault but we are ask to pay for the inefficiency of others.
Had wrote in to them and manage to waive of just a small amount.
Contact the lawyer and they mention can only this $$$ can absorb and they even admitted it was thier fault in delay issue out the payment.
The reason they gave was due to festive season and need time to process.
Did anyone encounter the same issue and hope can share on how to resolve this matter

BabyFace

Does anyone begin ask by LF to pay the interest for late progressive payment? The payment suppose to be arrange by the lawyer and the finance. However the penalties goes to the buyer which need to pay a few $$$$RM. If the buyer late furnish the payment then by logically they deserve to pay the interest.
Had wrote to LF to waive off the interest payment but just manage to waive off a meagre amount.
Had contacted the lawyer and manage to get about 40% further reduction. Nevertheless we still need to fork out quite substantial amount which no fault to the buyer.
I don't see any reason to pay this amount which faults lies on the developer who set short due date and the lawyer is not able to fulfill the date line to make payment. With the practice of day-light robbery, the late interest of progressive payment need to be settle in order to get the house key. We have been eagerly and patiently waiting for the key and now this matter has spoil everything. Moreover the handover takes exceptionally long as promise to be Q1 2014. This was not able to fulfill and with this kind of delay for so long and yet no penalties have been render to the developer.
Does anyone able to give any advice on how to proceed from here?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone begin ask by LF to pay the interest for late progressive payment? The payment suppose to be arrange by the lawyer and the finance. However the penalties goes to the buyer which need to pay a few $$$$RM. If the buyer late furnish the payment then by logically they deserve to pay the interest.
Had wrote to LF to waive off the interest payment but just manage to waive off a meagre amount.
Had contacted the lawyer and manage to get about 40% further reduction. Nevertheless we still need to fork out quite substantial amount which no fault to the buyer.
I don't see any reason to pay this amount which faults lies on the developer who set short due date and the lawyer is not able to fulfill the date line to make payment. With the practice of day-light robbery, the late interest of progressive payment need to be settle in order to get the house key. We have been eagerly and patiently waiting for the key and now this matter has spoil everything. Moreover the handover takes exceptionally long as promise to be Q1 2014. This was not able to fulfill and with this kind of delay for so long and yet no penalties have been render to the developer.
Does anyone able to give any advice on how to proceed from here?

Everyone is affected. You can write in for a full waiver.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Babyface:

We encountered the exact same situation a few weeks ago. Problem between the lawyer and our bank and then out of the blue we got a late payment penalty.
Suffice to say I went to into orbit with the bank as we are the poor helpless saps who have to foot the bill purely through no fault of our own.

We also got the same bollocks excuse about festive period. The long and short of it is that the developer gave us a discount as a good will gesture which I am grateful for. I do not blame the developer as they are just enforcing the agreement. Anyway in the end had to pay them some money as after waiting 2 years for the house I am not going to let it fall over in the last week before handover.
I am pressuring the bank to refund us as in this case (at the moment anyway) the bank have not produced any evidence to show it wasn't their fault. In reality I am expecting to write if off as just a bad experience. I will not be using the same bank again though.

happyjoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
many purchasers have been affected by this.

there are only three plausible reasons (if you weren't responsible for those disbursements):

1) developer didn't furnish full documentation to lawyers when initiating disbursement
2) lawyers delayed instructing the bank
3) bank delayed disbursement.

the consensus is not to pay them one sen unless you caused the delay. the developer, lawyer and banks have to sort it out amongst themselves.

and lastly if your property is not handed over within 24 months of the contract, you can initiate the liquidated damages clause.

Babyface:

We encountered the exact same situation a few weeks ago. Problem between the lawyer and our bank and then out of the blue we got a late payment penalty.
Suffice to say I went to into orbit with the bank as we are the poor helpless saps who have to foot the bill purely through no fault of our own.

We also got the same bollocks excuse about festive period. The long and short of it is that the developer gave us a discount as a good will gesture which I am grateful for. I do not blame the developer as they are just enforcing the agreement. Anyway in the end had to pay them some money as after waiting 2 years for the house I am not going to let it fall over in the last week before handover.
I am pressuring the bank to refund us as in this case (at the moment anyway) the bank have not produced any evidence to show it wasn't their fault. In reality I am expecting to write if off as just a bad experience. I will not be using the same bank again though.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
many purchasers have been affected by this.

there are only three plausible reasons (if you weren't responsible for those disbursements):

1) developer didn't furnish full documentation to lawyers when initiating disbursement
2) lawyers delayed instructing the bank
3) bank delayed disbursement.

the consensus is not to pay them one sen unless you caused the delay. the developer, lawyer and banks have to sort it out amongst themselves.

and lastly if your property is not handed over within 24 months of the contract, you can initiate the liquidated damages clause.

I think you might find this is not quite so straightforward. The Purchaser has entered into a contract with the Developer. If you, as the Purchaser, fail to honour the terms of the contract then you as the Purchaser will be deemed to have breached the contract. It doesn't matter what the bank or the lawyer do as they are only facilitators and not contractual parties that can be held accountable for late payments.

This is the reason why I paid the late penalty fee because if I don't pay then I have breached the terms of the agreement. Once the agreement is breached then the developer is not obligated to pay any late penalty fees if the property goes over 24 months without handover. The issue of blame and reclaiming money can only be done outside the confines of the contract and the SPA (Sale & Purchase Agreement) does not contain a vehicle for consequential losses.

I would recommend to anyone who is in this state (like I was), make the payment to the developer. Do not give reason to break your SPA and then fight it out with the lawyer / bank in whatever way you can.
Crap situation I know but I don't intend to risk Millions of Ringgit over a few thousand just to prove a point (no matter how correct we are).....