• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, the roads in JB are also full of vehicles. Just try driving around the more popular areas with makan places and shopping malls.

Of course the road leading to LF won't be jammed lah.

I would anticipate that with the forthcoming roadworks to expand the current road from Gelang Patah to Leisure Farm into dual lane, there might be some congestion that may occur over the next two years.

Unless the intersection along NS highway to LF is completed soon, it might cause some inconvenience to residents/visitors.

UEM/Peter Lim's Gerbang Nusajaya project will also increase the vehicular flow on that area as well over the next few years.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Those who have done well in life should always be looking out for others - especially the less well-off or needy. It is basic human decency. Instead Mr Casey showed contempt. Having money and a Porsche, does not automatically mean that one is superior. Character is important." -K Shanmugam Sc>>>

Heard he goes around bonking and had a divorce. If that is real, then he got no right to talk about character anyway. Tons of Sporeans had to stay away from Singapore due to the govt 's "everything need money" policies. They should reflect upon themselves.

Remembering Anton Casey's 'poor people' comment.

Take heed.

Those loads of people on bikes, buses and cars crossing the causeway and second link daily are neither poor problem solvers nor with a low sense of creativity.

"Those who have done well in life should always be looking out for others - especially the less well-off or needy. It is basic human decency. Instead Mr Casey showed contempt. Having money and a Porsche, does not automatically mean that one is superior. Character is important." -K Shanmugam Sc

http://ifonlysingaporeans.blogspot.sg/2014/01/expat-anton-casey-apologises-for-poor.html

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpg

Just attached the report for everyone's reading

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, we are sporeans. If we are expats, I would send my kids to Marlborough college though even though the fee is 200 times more than spore govt sch per month. Err.. if I spend like S$2000 to enrol my kid in Marlborough, that would be much more expensive and I don't think I can afford that as we are middle income families.

PuteriWorld, we not on expat salaries either. Its a matter of feeding the greedy landlord or sending the kids to a better school. You guys are lucky enough to have your government look after their own citizen.

S$4k a month for a small condo vs 2 kiddies in a prestiges school. We make our choice.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
PuteriWorld, we not on expat salaries either. Its a matter of feeding the greedy landlord or sending the kids to a better school. You guys are lucky enough to have your government look after their own citizen.

S$4k a month for a small condo vs 2 kiddies in a prestiges school. We make our choice.

it's spelled "prestigious". anyway, what's important is ones' own happiness. different strokes etc.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Those who have done well in life should always be looking out for others - especially the less well-off or needy. It is basic human decency. Instead Mr Casey showed contempt. Having money and a Porsche, does not automatically mean that one is superior. Character is important." -K Shanmugam Sc>>>

Heard he goes around bonking and had a divorce. If that is real, then he got no right to talk about character anyway. Tons of Sporeans had to stay away from Singapore due to the govt 's "everything need money" policies. They should reflect upon themselves.

Guess, who's telling the truth..AC's 5 yrs old son or KS? :p
Like literature qns..:o

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the Asian mentally. Beat the traffic. Think creatively my friend.

Actually you are working in Asia now, specifically Singapore. Not in Europe. So you should not think that your way is the way while other people way is not problem solving or lack creativity. It is up to individual how they want to solve problem, by commuting and send kids to Malborough or not commuting and send to Singapore school. Both are choices and not one choice is superior to another choice.

I think people who don't mind commuting just commute, while people who mind just stay put. Not that commuting is superior to not commuting. Another point is it depends on work nature, in Singapore many people are expected to work over time frequently and if work until 9 or 10 pm and still need to spend long hours to commute will make it not practical on a long term basis. Whereas in Europe the work life balance is better and people work shorter hours and so long commute is still feasible.

Last edited:

Michaelyen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Daydreamer, i would not call singaporean landlord "greedy". First of all,it is true the rental in singapore is much higher than malaysia but this is becos the acquisition cost ( in singapore) is also much higher . it is not becos of the greedy factor. In addition, in my mind, in the area of property leasing , it takes two to clap : The landlord can be greedy and ask sky high but if the market does not bite, he will have an empty house and he has to reduce the asking rent if he wants to rent it out. Once the deal is done, it is a case of willing landlord and willing tenant.

So back to this topic, each family has its own set of needs/circumstances that are best addressed in a way unique to that family.
There is no right or wrong.

I see that there are many expats staying in singapore that are travelling each day to send their kids to Marlborough as they see that as the only way out for their child education ( as the other foreign schools in singapore are all full ). Also there are Singaporeans staying in JB that could not afford the Marlborough school fees that are sending their kids to singapore schools each day. In fact there are many malaysians sending their kids to singapore each day to study as they feel the singapore schools standard is better. So for all these cases , there are no wrongs, they are all fine for the family concerned.
Each of them learned to adapt .

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Daydreamer, i would not call singaporean landlord "greedy". First of all,it is true the rental in singapore is much higher than malaysia but this is becos the acquisition cost ( in singapore) is also much higher . it is not becos of the greedy factor. In addition, in my mind, in the area of property leasing , it takes two to clap : The landlord can be greedy and ask sky high but if the market does not bite, he will have an empty house and he has to reduce the asking rent if he wants to rent it out. Once the deal is done, it is a case of willing landlord and willing tenant.

So back to this topic, each family has its own set of needs/circumstances that are best addressed in a way unique to that family.
There is no right or wrong.

I see that there are many expats staying in singapore that are travelling each day to send their kids to Marlborough as they see that as the only way out for their child education ( as the other foreign schools in singapore are all full ). Also there are Singaporeans staying in JB that could not afford the Marlborough school fees that are sending their kids to singapore schools each day. In fact there are many malaysians sending their kids to singapore each day to study as they feel the singapore schools standard is better. So for all these cases , there are no wrongs, they are all fine for the family concerned.
Each of them learned to adapt .

Funnily this is not the first time i hear a european describing landlords as "greedy landlord". With this mentality god knows what he does to the house. I would stay away from such tenant.

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funnily this is not the first time i hear a european describing landlords as "greedy landlord". With this mentality god knows what he does to the house. I would stay away from such tenant.

We sell off all the furnitures on the last day to get some cash back. :biggrin:

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope Marlborough is teaching values such as humility and empathy and not to forget Spelling and Grammar as well. :biggrin:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would anticipate that with the forthcoming roadworks to expand the current road from Gelang Patah to Leisure Farm into dual lane, there might be some congestion that may occur over the next two years.

Unless the intersection along NS highway to LF is completed soon, it might cause some inconvenience to residents/visitors.

UEM/Peter Lim's Gerbang Nusajaya project will also increase the vehicular flow on that area as well over the next few years.

Too tranquil is also not ideal, right?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too tranquil is also not ideal, right?

Certainly more activities in the neighbourhood will be good.
Just chatted with some notable motoring contacts and they are already planning to shift part of their business to the Autocity.
There is a substantial motoring community in SG who will shift their activities to Gerbang Nusajaya once it is up.
We can expect car launches and race days to happen soon.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paid a visit to Bayou Creek recently and the section nearest to the precinct auto gate looked ready for handover soon.
Congrats to the house owners collecting keys soon. Would expect more renovation/move in activities over the new few months.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paid a visit to Bayou Creek recently and the section nearest to the precinct auto gate looked ready for handover soon.
Congrats to the house owners collecting keys soon. Would expect more renovation/move in activities over the new few months.

Ya, heard of handover looking around in July. Probably need a couple of months to do renovation, hopefully can move in before November.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which brings me back to my original question before we all got side tracked about the commute.....can anyone recommend any ID / Reno companies in JB so we can crack on with our home improvements?

Cheers