• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will assign 2 drivers ie 2 buses

I think the arrangement has to definitely be both ways.
Thus, the early departure will be for those who need to get into office in SG by 8.30am and the other for those who can get in by 9am.

The 6.30pm departure from SG will be for those who can leave office at 5pm and get to Jurong by 6pm. Those who leave later can catch the 7.30pm/8pm bus.

Lunch time service might be for those who need to run errands in SG or those who want to get into LF (vice versa) mid day.

Other inputs are well appreciated too.

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the arrangement has to definitely be both ways.
Thus, the early departure will be for those who need to get into office in SG by 8.30am and the other for those who can get in by 9am.

The 6.30pm departure from SG will be for those who can leave office at 5pm and get to Jurong by 6pm. Those who leave later can catch the 7.30pm/8pm bus.

Lunch time service might be for those who need to run errands in SG or those who want to get into LF (vice versa) mid day.

Other inputs are well appreciated too.

Personally, the return trip should be up till at least 9pm. There will be people working from town or east areas who need to commute to west for the buses. Leaving work around 8 pm is not uncommon.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, the return trip should be up till at least 9pm. There will be people working from town or east areas who need to commute to west for the buses. Leaving work around 8 pm is not uncommon.

Agree with suggestion.

LF should just roll out the service and test the demand on the different time slot.

Then with actual demand coming in, it will be able to finetune and adjust.

The service do need critical mass of demand to keep it viable to be a long term sustainable service to provide.

If there is enough demand to fill up a 8.30pm-9pm slot, then the price can be adjusted accordingly to provide for a later service.

The 6.30-7.30pm slot could be priced more attractively to attract more demand from resident users.

The cost should be lower to pay the driver to finish work at 8.30-9pm than to finish at 10.30pm instead.

(With Bayou Creek part II handover coming up this month, the potential pool of users should be bigger going forward)

Just my personal thoughts.

Last edited:

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though I have been using this forum for the past year, I still don't understand how the points and power system works.

What do they mean to the forum user and how does on earn or lose them?

Those with 'power', what can they do?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did a quick check on LTA camera and found out that Tuas link to SG was jammed with motorcycles taking up entire car lane to SG.

Looked to me like the car lane from SG to Johor had been split into two to accommodate two way traffic.

Anyone here drive to work to experience this?

Quite crazy to have Woodlands traffic all loaded onto Tuas now.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just did a quick check on LTA camera and found out that Tuas link to SG was jammed with motorcycles taking up entire car lane to SG.

Looked to me like the car lane from SG to Johor had been split into two to accommodate two way traffic.

At causeway, the car lanes in Sg immigration have also been reduced from 4 to 3 lanes since last week or perhaps even earlier.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in for Car Wash via Woodlands. Jammed for 30 mins despite paying RM 9+ toll at Malaysia side.

Was disappointed with the terrible time taken so I used Tuas to return. Jam for 20 minutes also.

When is Singapore going to increase the toll and when is Malaysia going to impose RM50 levy to enter Malaysia? Looks like if they delay somemore the jams will return again

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreement to share cost on building the coastal highway was signed yesterday 27 aug between sunway, uem and mulpha.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went in for Car Wash via Woodlands. Jammed for 30 mins despite paying RM 9+ toll at Malaysia side.

Was disappointed with the terrible time taken so I used Tuas to return. Jam for 20 minutes also.

When is Singapore going to increase the toll and when is Malaysia going to impose RM50 levy to enter Malaysia? Looks like if they delay somemore the jams will return again

Hi PW, think we should stop wishing for the toll/costs to go up.

Human behavior will adapt and memory is short, people will eventually adapt and it will be back to square one.

Better proposition is for both sides to improve capacity/efficiency to clear to traffic flow while maintaining border security.

If the potential work to raise price was effected and resulted in reduced traffic, that would inadvertently affect the potential development of the Iskandar region.

Lose lose for many.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who bought into Sunway Iskandar, congrats! They just gotten BESTEST Property Developer award in Malaysia. And I believe Sunway is more immuned to the govt policies and flip flops compared to other tamans as they have their own uni, shopping malls, theme parks etc to complement one another. The demand for rental will be there for sure.

Wonder if they have started selling the serviced residences. Does look like a good buy

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Photo of the signing ceremony

image.jpgimage.jpg

penpen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to see the progress of bayou creek over the wkend. Seems like quite a bit of work to be done on the interior. The opposite stretch of semi d is still under going construction, don't think can move in anytime soon because of the dust...

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to see the progress of bayou creek over the wkend. Seems like quite a bit of work to be done on the interior. The opposite stretch of semi d is still under going construction, don't think can move in anytime soon because of the dust...

Could it be BC phase 2 for the opp stretch semi d? But agreed, still got abit here n there works to do. Dun think can collect key soon.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could it be BC phase 2 for the opp stretch semi d? But agreed, still got abit here n there works to do. Dun think can collect key soon.

Letters for handover just send out i heard. Within the next 3 months all phase 1 should get the keys.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I second that. Really does no one any good.

Hi PW, think we should stop wishing for the toll/costs to go up.

Human behavior will adapt and memory is short, people will eventually adapt and it will be back to square one.

Better proposition is for both sides to improve capacity/efficiency to clear to traffic flow while maintaining border security.

If the potential work to raise price was effected and resulted in reduced traffic, that would inadvertently affect the potential development of the Iskandar region.

Lose lose for many.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leisure farm advertisement in today straits times. Looks like they officially launch their phase 2 bayou creek for sale and invitation to moon cake festival this Sunday.

image.jpg

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leisure farm advertisement in today straits times. Looks like they officially launch their phase 2 bayou creek for sale and invitation to moon cake festival this Sunday.

View attachment 16881

I took a quick glance through the fine prints and the prices certainly were higher than expected.
Semis going for above RM3mn and bungalows for more than RM5mn.

Perhaps it's before the discounts being applied.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took a quick glance through the fine prints and the prices certainly were higher than expected.
Semis going for above RM3mn and bungalows for more than RM5mn.

Perhaps it's before the discounts being applied.

Hope they can sell out and boost the confidence in the market again.