• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
actaully all malaysian developers never bother with sales. so far i've been to many developer office, the sales is like f*** compare to singapore. it's like i owe them something and they don't have any concept of 'service'. some like sime darby can feel some of them are racist. product knowledge and market knowledge are poor too.
the "best" so far is sp setia. but not all their offices too. their SEG sales office is f**** up.

I beg to differ. My recent visit to Sime Darby's The Glades at Subang Jaya made my set a benchmark for all developers and sales execs, including the ones in Singapore.

The sales exec, Shah, brought my family and I on a tour around the whole development in a span of nearly 4 hours. He drove us around personally, went out of the way to make sure we never got in the rain, briefed us in great details on every house, the development and the locality, and even made us some gourmet coffee at the end of the visit. We also got some product DVDs that only owners get. The whole time, we were treated like VIPs from all the other sales execs, guards and even cleaning ladies. And I am quite sure, all that time, Shah knew we would have a remote chance, at best, to buy a house their. I applaud Sime Darby's training of their staff, and the professionalism and pride the staff exuded.

Conversely, at Setia Eco Park at Shah Alam, the sales lady seemed like she couldn't wait to send us away to the Show Village on our own, and get rid of us at the end of the visit so that she could get back whatever she was playing on her PC.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ. My recent visit to Sime Darby's The Glades at Subang Jaya made my set a benchmark for all developers and sales execs, including the ones in Singapore.

The sales exec, Shah, brought my family and I on a tour around the whole development in a span of nearly 4 hours. He drove us around personally, went out of the way to make sure we never got in the rain, briefed us in great details on every house, the development and the locality, and even made us some gourmet coffee at the end of the visit. We also got some product DVDs that only owners get. The whole time, we were treated like VIPs from all the other sales execs, guards and even cleaning ladies. And I am quite sure, all that time, Shah knew we would have a remote chance, at best, to buy a house their. I applaud Sime Darby's training of their staff, and the professionalism and pride the staff exuded.

Conversely, at Setia Eco Park at Shah Alam, the sales lady seemed like she couldn't wait to send us away to the Show Village on our own, and get rid of us at the end of the visit so that she could get back whatever she was playing on her PC.

Good for you.
i was at the glades too. i was treated in a couldn't be bothered attitude. in fact, i have been to about 4 -5 sime darby projects in the past years. mostly range from slightly below par (cordial enough but clearly i can see they want to do something else rather than explain their prodct to me) and one project sales guys was downright offensive (me: "so this house is at least 2M" ? him: "2M? No la, this house. 3M la."(said in a dismissive manner). then turned away to serve another customer WHO WALKED IN LATER THAN ME). I had to check my shirt to make sure they were no holes in them.
only at the melawati project sime darby (montana or something) sales was better. only slightly better.

I got a much better reception at setia eco park shah alam. sales guy explained their spectrum of products and masterplan in great detail, then arranged for the obligatory trolley trip to the show village.
So far I got the best treatment at SEC show house (indian sales guy - Yogen). He was very good, I felt. Knowledgable, not pushy, patient and took his time to walk us around the show village.
the other good 'sales experience' i got was at country garden dange bay, actually.

now, compared all this variable quality to singapore sales people - who are mostly very professional.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you.
i was at the glades too. i was treated in a couldn't be bothered attitude. in fact, i have been to about 4 -5 sime darby projects in the past years. mostly range from slightly below par (cordial enough but clearly i can see they want to do something else rather than explain their prodct to me) and one project sales guys was downright offensive (me: "so this house is at least 2M" ? him: "2M? No la, this house. 3M la."(said in a dismissive manner). then turned away to serve another customer WHO WALKED IN LATER THAN ME). I had to check my shirt to make sure they were no holes in them.
only at the melawati project sime darby (montana or something) sales was better. only slightly better.

I got a much better reception at setia eco park shah alam. sales guy explained their spectrum of products and masterplan in great detail, then arranged for the obligatory trolley trip to the show village.
So far I got the best treatment at SEC show house (indian sales guy - Yogen). He was very good, I felt. Knowledgable, not pushy, patient and took his time to walk us around the show village.
the other good 'sales experience' i got was at country garden dange bay, actually.

now, compared all this variable quality to singapore sales people - who are mostly very professional.

My Danga Bay sales rep from China was good too.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Attended the resident committee meeting yesterday. New management team was there. Coupe of new developments announced. These are:
1) enhancement to security. More Gurkha guards, K9 unit and state of the art security features like those used at changi airport.
2) extension of coastal highway from Medini to the tanjong kupang CIQ by 2016. Via 3rd gate take only 5 minutes to reach the CIQ
3) access slip road going south from highway opening this year. No need to drive pass gelang patch town to go o LF
4) 2 major interchanges to be built outside LF to serve the major new developments at gerbang nusajaya including fast track, Sunway and ascenda tech park.
5) upgrade of golf club and new club house
6) Bale club restaurant to be run by a new restaurant operator. Heard its an Italian restorante
7) tennis academy and horse riding school will be added
8) new strata title predinct coming up
9) commercial units to be built within LF

Anybody else in this forum attended and can verify whether I heard correctly from the management.? Sound very exciting and should enhance value of LF properties.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When they announce the new link road to Leisure Farm, I was very very interested because the only drawback point that I never buy LF is this ( over a decade ).

But somehow they got greedy and semis D jumped from RM 1.5m to RM 2.8m with this announcement and sales drop to just a couple of units.

We need to see more concrete developments. By just an announcement and price can simply jump a million, I think we don't want to be that kind of suckers.

When Coastal highway officially open, HH semi houses prices merely jumped about half a million

Attended the resident committee meeting yesterday. New management team was there. Coupe of new developments announced. These are:
1) enhancement to security. More Gurkha guards, K9 unit and state of the art security features like those used at changi airport.
2) extension of coastal highway from Medini to the tanjong kupang CIQ by 2016. Via 3rd gate take only 5 minutes to reach the CIQ
3) access slip road going south from highway opening this year. No need to drive pass gelang patch town to go o LF
4) 2 major interchanges to be built outside LF to serve the major new developments at gerbang nusajaya including fast track, Sunway and ascenda tech park.
6) Bale club restaurant to be run by a new restaurant operator. Heard its an Italian restorante

Anybody else in this forum attended and can verify whether I heard correctly from the management.? Sound very exciting and should enhance value of LF properties.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
with all the proposed improvements to the estate, any idea whats the monthly charges that the residence have to fork out?

Currently what is the monthly for bayou creek?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for informing me of the meeting. Arrived late and missed the earlier part. Understand that the slide material will be made available via the newsletter? New Bale Restaurant operator will start in June. Almost shelled out $$ to get the golf club membership. Glad I attended and got the important info on the golf club.

azinamoto91

Alfrescian
Loyal
Legolad said:
Thanks for informing me of the meeting. Arrived late and missed the earlier part. Understand that the slide material will be made available via the newsletter? New Bale Restaurant operator will start in June. Almost shelled out $$ to get the golf club membership. Glad I attended and got the important info on the golf club.

How to subscribe to the newsletter? Thanks

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks Valdez for the updating. Looking forward for my turn to collect key soon!

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, John Wayne is in the meeting as well. I thought I'm the only one who interested of obtaining a firearm license. John got his hand on the magnum first. Damn!

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wouldn't hold my breath to this. As Thomas said in Malaysian term "Its OK lah". It's not acceptable. They do take their time on this.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair to the folks at Leisure Farm, the broad market went through a huge uplift in asking prices throughout the Iskandar region. Thus, the pricing at RM2.8M is keeping in line with what East Ledang had progressed to.

If I recall correctly, when the highway was opened for Horizon Hills, the Temasek/Khazanah/E&O cooperation were not formally cemented yet. I think that was the huge confidence kicker that got all those flurry of investment activities going from other developers such as Country Garden/Mah Sing/Sunway afterwards.

What the LF farm management could have done better was to actually capture the moment just before the Malaysian elections. I still remember that was when the buying interest was high.

When they announce the new link road to Leisure Farm, I was very very interested because the only drawback point that I never buy LF is this ( over a decade ).

But somehow they got greedy and semis D jumped from RM 1.5m to RM 2.8m with this announcement and sales drop to just a couple of units.

We need to see more concrete developments. By just an announcement and price can simply jump a million, I think we don't want to be that kind of suckers.

When Coastal highway officially open, HH semi houses prices merely jumped about half a million

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Legolad, would you be able to update on what's the latest development on the golf membership?
Does Leisure Farm/Bayou Creek residents get access to the Poresia facilities?

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal

As usual Valdez, you are always the ever reliable source of latest information. Much appreciated.
Do share any latest developments as well.
Am sure glad to hear the management acknowledge and announce the long awaited completion of the connection to the NS highway.
Be interesting to hear more about the two interchanges. Are they link to the connection to the NS highway too?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual Valdez, you are always the ever reliable source of latest information. Much appreciated.
Do share any latest developments as well.
Am sure glad to hear the management acknowledge and announce the long awaited completion of the connection to the NS highway.
Be interesting to hear more about the two interchanges. Are they link to the connection to the NS highway too?

Understand there will be a signing between uem, leisure farm in April with regards to the interchanges. Mentri besar will officiate the event and will be covered by the media. More details regarding the 2 interchanges will be released then. Also there is a possibility that the hsr station would be built near LF .