• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do U consider this guy FT?

Is he FT or Singaporean

• Singaporean

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • FT, he will never be Singaporean coz he was not born here

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

jw5

Loyal
Just asked my mum, totally don't get the joke. Her first reaction mee Siam got hum meh

Yeah, his whole family probably didn't get the joke either.
They must be thinking the hum was specially added to his mee siam by his beloved grassroot leaders.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
must he go for a mandatory guided guarded tour of local hawker centres?

heheh...
me don't mind bringing him around a food tour for free, but me would feel intimidated by the guards :o:o:o

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, to be fair, I think should be a Sinkee already.

Before 5 years old, think not too much influences. Primary 1 (7 year old) onward, that's the time he grow up. Think the growing part is the main thing. If he grow up with Sinkees, his behavior and thinkings also sinkified already.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting case

Born in China

Came to SG at 6

Volunteer to serve NS

Now holds Pink IC.

Do U consider this guy local or still FT

he is even worse, he is a spy, he is going to saf to access amercian weapon secrets and bring it back to PRC. PAP must not promote these people to important position, just like not giving m&ds important info in army.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS does not seem to grasp the issue. The issue is the displacement of able, healthy and keen Singaporeans who are priced out by cheap FTs. The issue is about poor intergration and the formation of ghettos. The issue is treating Singaporeans as 2nd class citizens in their own country. No other country has this issue.

This guy went thru the Singapore system from kindergarden. He will also face similar issue as he is a Singapirean. He will ask the same question on why he did NS.

By the way, the article is misleading. If he does not do NS voluntarily, he cannot remain in Singapore after the age of 21 yrs. Sure he has the option of going back to China but having spent nearly all his life in Singapore, he would be lost. Though technically it is voluntary its akin to asking me if I would volunteer too swim with the sharks or without the sharks. Technically. I was given a choice. Guess what I would choose.

I am just surprised that Singaporeans don't seem to know their own country.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not surprised. The pappies is doing a good job of feeding slow reacting poison to the minds of Sinkees for decades.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one is prepared to serve NS for 2 1/2years and return for reservist duties, that is good enough for me to warrant the Pink IC.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was given the choice of doing NS or not. The fact that he has chosen to do NS is his choice. Singapore citizens are treated as second-class. We are NOT given the choice.

tititata

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, as long as one comes here before the age of 7 (Primary One) and takes up citizenship before 21 years, he is a true Turquoise (still not true blue) Singaporean.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, most of his youth is in SG and serve NS, he should be given Honourable SG, just like in old south Africa, Jap and Taiwanese are consider honourable white.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learn from the Swiss lah. Getting Swiss citizenship is even harder than finding a Singaporean with balls. To become a naturalised Swiss citizen, you would need to have lived in Switzerland for at least 12 years, prove that you've integrated and be able to speak at least one of their four official languages.

B

Baluku

he is even worse, he is a spy, he is going to saf to access amercian weapon secrets and bring it back to PRC. PAP must not promote these people to important position, just like not giving m&ds important info in army.

Six years old already sign on with PRC intel?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Credit to Mr Han for doin his NS and coverting to full citizenship.. I consider him as a Sporean but too bad he belongs to the 60 % group.. Hopefully one day he'll switch over to the 40%..

Same for me, i will consider him one too.