SG Live Bet WPL Bet 88
SG Tipster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44

Thread: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    just now as i was buying cigarette at a vending machine , suddenly 2 couples walks towards me holding a map and ask me for directions to train station . they look asian to me and they speak funny english ( worst then me ) after i told them the direction to the train station ...we had a small talk . i ask them what is their nationality , they said singaporean . i told them im also a singaporean ...and they dont seems to look or sound singaporean ...after hearing that im singaporean , they said they are actucally from china but already a singapore PR . as we contuine to talk one of the woman suddenly threw her bottle drinks on the floor . that action really pissing me off . i look at her in the eyes and told her " since you already got singapore PR , you better behave when you are in other ppl country , dont give singaporean a bad name " . and i walk off .



    my question is , will those FT with PR give singaporean a bad name when travel overseas ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,925
    My Reputation Points: 18142 / Power: 43

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    just now as i was buying cigarette at a vending machine , suddenly 2 couples walks towards me holding a map and ask me for directions to train station . they look asian to me and they speak funny english ( worst then me ) after i told them the direction to the train station ...we had a small talk . i ask them what is their nationality , they said singaporean . i told them im also a singaporean ...and they dont seems to look or sound singaporean ...after hearing that im singaporean , they said they are actucally from china but already a singapore PR . as we contuine to talk one of the woman suddenly threw her bottle drinks on the floor . that action really pissing me off . i look at her in the eyes and told her " since you already got singapore PR , you better behave when you are in other ppl country , dont give singaporean a bad name " . and i walk off .



    my question is , will those FT with PR give singaporean a bad name when travel overseas ?
    You should use hokkien to kan kan kan them la bro show them how a true blue Singaporean talk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by joetys View Post
    You should use hokkien to kan kan kan them la bro show them how a true blue Singaporean talk.
    cannot bro, i wear so nice today , must have image mah if i kan kan kan them then i become like a chinaman liao leh .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,959
    My Reputation Points: 3505 / Power: 12

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post


    my question is , will those FT with PR give singaporean a bad name when travel overseas ?
    there is no reputation to uphold.....original sinkie tourists already given sinkieland a 'good' reputation thru the years.....you must have known of tour agents withdrawing buffet meals for sinkie tour groups.......
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    there is no reputation to uphold.....original sinkie tourists already given sinkieland a 'good' reputation thru the years.....you must have known of tour agents withdrawing buffet meals for sinkie tour groups.......
    that is true ....but FT make it worst .
    i didnt know tour agents withdrawing buffet meal for sinkie tour groups .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17,959
    My Reputation Points: 3505 / Power: 12

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    that is true ....but FT make it worst .
    i didnt know tour agents withdrawing buffet meal for sinkie tour groups .


    typical sinkie tour group behaviour regardless of budget or high end travel packages.

    kiasu, kiasi traits all shown up.

    tardiness....own time own target no respect for tourguide.
    shopping.....either chirp like bird cheap cheap cheap and buy up half the store machiam stocking up for war or complain expensive and try to haggle regardless in a market or boutique.
    no respect for local culture....like to compare every fuck thing with sinkieland........conclusion usually sinkieland better (machiam frogs in well).
    Maximise.....want to squeeze in to visit everywhere.......not interested or adventurous enough to try anything new.......just pose for photos can liao.
    Most happy when alot of freebies thrown in........like to rush for everything most times not aware rushing for what.....herd mentality.
    ____________________________________


    Obstructing the development of political parties and competitive candidates is as fraudulent as stuffing ballot boxes.
    Buying votes with state resources is as fraudulent as stealing them outright during the tally.
    Dominating the media or stacking the electoral commission with friends is as fraudulent as violating the secrecy of the vote.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Narong Wongwan View Post
    typical sinkie tour group behaviour regardless of budget or high end travel packages.

    kiasu, kiasi traits all shown up.

    tardiness....own time own target no respect for tourguide.
    shopping.....either chirp like bird cheap cheap cheap and buy up half the store machiam stocking up for war or complain expensive and try to haggle regardless in a market or boutique.
    no respect for local culture....like to compare every fuck thing with sinkieland........conclusion usually sinkieland better (machiam frogs in well).
    Maximise.....want to squeeze in to visit everywhere.......not interested or adventurous enough to try anything new.......just pose for photos can liao.
    Most happy when alot of freebies thrown in........like to rush for everything most times not aware rushing for what.....herd mentality.
    japanese and angmo also behave like that . not only sinkie traits .

    1) shopping.....either chirp like bird cheap cheap cheap and buy up half the store machiam stocking up for war .
    2) Most happy when alot of freebies thrown in........like to rush for everything most times not aware rushing for what.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia, with Singtel Network
    Posts
    8,833
    My Reputation Points: 4716 / Power: 13

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Drifter San, may I know what happened to that big spider Tuateetu? He got zapped into moderation

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Drifter San, may I know what happened to that big spider Tuateetu? He got zapped into moderation
    yes bro ..i whack 1 . knn ...can talk anything here but dont talk about religion lah ...tio bo ? want to talk about religion go to religious folder lah ...tio bo ?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia, with Singtel Network
    Posts
    8,833
    My Reputation Points: 4716 / Power: 13

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    yes bro ..i whack 1 . knn ...can talk anything here but dont talk about religion lah ...tio bo ? want to talk about religion go to religious folder lah ...tio bo ?
    Haha. I knew he would get into trouble some day. Wink wink

  11. #11
    Baluku Guest

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    No the impact will not be so great!

    When Singaporeans misbehaved overseas, people thought we are PRCs!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,587
    My Reputation Points: 2771 / Power: 13

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    in short fucking sinkies!!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Haha. I knew he would get into trouble some day. Wink wink
    give him so many chance liao ...still like that ..bobian i have to take out my rotan and whack . bro , i only incharge of insane ppl ...the rest you takecare ok ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pyramid
    Posts
    18,732
    My Reputation Points: 898 / Power: 8

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    It has nothing to with nationality or language. It depends. If she's a young cute girl coming up to ask me for direction, I can even suddenly learn to speak some Unkrainian if she's Ukrainian and escort her all the way to her destination and beyond... If they come a in couple, BF & GF or husband and wife, please, the street directory is available at that bookshop over there. And tell the girl, if your boyfriend or husband doesn't know the way, it's safest not to travel with him.
    Last edited by Ramseth; 29-04-2012 at 07:14 AM.

  15. #15
    Baluku Guest

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    give him so many chance liao ...still like that ..bobian i have to take out my rotan and whack . bro , i only incharge of insane ppl ...the rest you takecare ok ?
    It takes one to know another! LOL!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,674
    My Reputation Points: 210 / Power: 6

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    jthey look asian to me and they speak funny english ( worst then me ) after i told them the direction to the train station ...we had a small talk . i ask them what is their nationality , they said singaporean . i told them im also a singaporean ...and they dont seems to look or sound singaporean ..
    I had exactly the same experience.In HK.2 PRC claimed themselves as Singaporeans to me.They were there for a business meeting.Another PRC told me that he is going to 'buy' Singapore citizenship soon.Yes! buy....when asked I blatantly told them I am from Malaysia;just want to hear all their bullshitting first.

    Soon carrying a Singapore passport is gonna be a lot of trouble overseas.
    Last edited by Nice-Gook; 29-04-2012 at 07:15 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramseth View Post
    It has nothing to with nationality or language. It depends. If she's a young cute girl coming up to ask me for direction, I can even suddenly learn to speak some Unkrainian if she's Ukrainian and escort her all the way to her destination and beyond.... If they come a in couple, BF & GF or husband and wife, please, the street directory is available at that bookshop over there. And tell the girl, if your boyfriend or husband doesn't know the way, it's safest not to travel with him.
    lau cheehong but i like your style

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    22,236
    My Reputation Points: 7324 / Power: 22

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nice-Gook View Post
    I had exactly the same experience.In HK.2 PRC claimed themselves as Singaporeans to me.They were there for a business meeting.Another PRC told me that he is going to 'buy' Singapore citizenship soon.Yes! buy....when asked I blatantly told them I am from Malaysia;just want to hear all their bullshitting first.

    Soon carrying a Singapore passport is gonna be a lot of trouble overseas.
    yes bro , soon all country going to blacklist all singaporean .

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    22,145
    My Reputation Points: 1379 / Power: 68

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    my question is , will those FT with PR give singaporean a bad name when travel overseas ?
    Singaporeans have always been a disgrace when overseas. Many hotels were forced to suspend their breakfast buffet spreads whenever a Ken Air tour group was in town. This was in the good old days when all real chinks were confined to their own borders (and the world was a better place for it.).

    I couldn't blame the establishments. Sinkies would stuff their plates with far more than they could eat. Then out would come the plastic bags for "takeaways" intended for lunch.

    It was absolutely disgusting and a major embarrassment for the minority of sinkies who did not behave like starving animals.


    Reputation System FAQ
    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent




  20. #20
    Baluku Guest

    Default Re: excuse me , are you singaporean ?

    I tot PR and citizens are two different things?

    If I got an angmo PR, I must die for my Angmo country meh? LOL!

    Seow!

Similar Threads

  1. excuse me, are u GRACIOUS?
    By leetahbar in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
  2. excuse me, are u a BUDDHISTIAN?
    By leetahbar in forum Discussions about Religion.
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 05:16 AM
  3. What excuse will the PAP give now?
    By metalslug in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25-06-2010, 11:18 AM
  4. SO What Is The OFFICIAL EXCUSE For The FLOOD?
    By ahleebabasingaporethief in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 17-06-2010, 10:14 AM
  5. New Excuse: Sg's Border is Porous Woh!
    By makapaaa in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •