• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shortage of Land for Funeral Service

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holding a Chinese Memorial Wake and Funeral shall not create any inconvenience to other residents. We shall have few location for holding the ceremony. The casket company, funeral priests temple, Columbarium, funeral related business shop and Small Office, Embalming shop and Memorial Wake Parlor shall centralize in a centralization building. Location for the building is near to Current Block 37 and 38 Sin Ming Drive, SGH mortuary, Changi Prison, Mandai Crematorium and Lim Chu Kang Cemetery.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Istana, Sri Temasek, Parliament House, Supreme Court, NTUC Learning Hub HQ.

Holding a Chinese Memorial Wake and Funeral shall not create any inconvenience to other residents. We shall have few location for holding the ceremony. The casket company, funeral priests temple, Columbarium, funeral related business shop and Small Office, Embalming shop and Memorial Wake Parlor shall centralize in a centralization building. Location for the building is near to Current Block 37 and 38 Sin Ming Drive, SGH mortuary, Changi Prison, Mandai Crematorium and Lim Chu Kang Cemetery.

T

TuaTeetu

I think it is unhygenic to place a decomposing body at high temperature public places.

Imagine the transmitted diesease like HFMD spreading like crazy.

Your kids will have emotional scars when they see people crying so charm most of the time.

In HK people go to funeral parlours which is airconditioned and more hygenic.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is unhygenic to place a decomposing body at high temperature public places.

Your kids will have emotional scars when they see people crying so charm most of the time.

got inject preservative to slow down the decay one la

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No Lah, the body is already embalmed so its all controlled and the wake only max of 7 days...most families do it 5 days or 3 days...than go crematorium already. Also most people hold downstairs at HDB flat,,got alot of space what,,

The thing is this shortage could be due to people wanting to hold the wake outside the house doe to Chinese tradition of younger member's death should not be in the house,,,but in todays day and age, what is convenient for the living is more important.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
In some places, I notice the management of the area started to build some concrete structures to keep out or discourage such events being held.

No Lah, the body is already embalmed so its all controlled and the wake only max of 7 days...most families do it 5 days or 3 days...than go crematorium already. Also most people hold downstairs at HDB flat,,got alot of space what,,

The thing is this shortage could be due to people wanting to hold the wake outside the house doe to Chinese tradition of younger member's death should not be in the house,,,but in todays day and age, what is convenient for the living is more important.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In some places, I notice the management of the area started to build some concrete structures to keep out or discourage such events being held.

Are you talking about HDB or Private property? For HDB it makes no sense as it is a revenue generator for the town council, unless the MP is so lazy that he did not want to go do his job to visit the deceased in his ward unlike LTK and CST.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"How can I not" comment on this sad issue. **

"How can I not" step in and offer advice.**

Singapore is opening its doors to FTs.

I am sure, out of reciprocity, India, China and Phillippines can allow us some of their vast empty land to bury our departed people.

Maybe this is the reason why the SG gahmen is inviting these people here.

They expect such things in return...

Wow, never knew our garment can think that far. They are far-sighted...........aren't they folks.

** statement made by someone who is today our President.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good idea. Indians and Chinese can be buried in the motherland of their ancestors.

Christians and Catholics can have their funerals in the Philippines.

Malay Muslims are constitutionally protected species, so their dead won't be cremated, and there's always generous parcels of cemetery land allocated for them. If not, can choose to bury in Malaysia or Indonesia.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good idea. Indians and Chinese can be buried in the motherland of their ancestors.

Christians and Catholics can have their funerals in the Philippines.

Malay Muslims are constitutionally protected species, so their dead won't be cremated, and there's always generous parcels of cemetery land allocated for them. If not, can choose to bury in Malaysia or Indonesia.

Aiyah,,why so troublesome? Get cremated and throw the ashes to the sea,,burial etc is for ancient times,,,in the Yahoo article concerning Qing Ming, many also say they wont have burials etc due to the high cost and bothering of the future generations,,,throw to sea the best,,,,at most your decendents gather once a year to remember you at home etc,,,why bother with all these stuff? times have changed,,,save money some more and better still,,,dont feed PAP with all those burial or crematorium fees