• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tattoos that is banned in singapore,and their meaning.

Hacksaw Jim

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my knowledge , tattoo of popeye , vulture and an eagle holding onto a globe are banned in singapore,is it true? and is there anyother tattoo that is banned.

Tattoo of popeye means fighter? then what about vulture and eagle holding the globe?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Used to know someone with a half done eagle tattoo on his back. Seem that the tattoo artist got cold feet half way through because besides the eagle image he wanted some wordings that were not too pleasant to the SPF. But this was in the late 70s or early 80s day.

You mean this symbols are still banned after so long?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eagle step in globe tattoo, you cannot see on anyone. I doubt few SSB now would have seen in the flesh....even prison also cannot find liao. Used to be this tattoo you cannot find tattoo artist willing to ink for you.
I have seen before when I was a teenager....no sure about the meaning but its not symbol of a gang....probably drugs related similar to heroin brands.

Another banned tattoo is the snake coiled around sword/parang...funny somehow these looked similar to military themed designs.

Others like the ones mentioned with 4/8 Chinese worded poems tattooed on the back also getting scarce... inside prison still can see alot of them.

T

TuaTeetu

Angmo countries you see tattoos all the time.

Even at US customs and immigration officer wears a tattoo.

Still it is not wise to deface your own body.

You are insulting your creator.

axus_auto

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my knowledge , tattoo of popeye , vulture and an eagle holding onto a globe are banned in singapore,is it true? and is there anyother tattoo that is banned.

Tattoo of popeye means fighter? then what about vulture and eagle holding the globe?

Really? I wonder where they would put this down as illegal?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eagle step in globe tattoo, you cannot see on anyone. I doubt few SSB now would have seen in the flesh....even prison also cannot find liao. Used to be this tattoo you cannot find tattoo artist willing to ink for you.
I have seen before when I was a teenager....no sure about the meaning but its not symbol of a gang....probably drugs related similar to heroin brands.

Another banned tattoo is the snake coiled around sword/parang...funny somehow these looked similar to military themed designs.

Others like the ones mentioned with 4/8 Chinese worded poems tattooed on the back also getting scarce... inside prison still can see alot of them.

WHy won't the artist tattoo?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Angmo countries you see tattoos all the time.

Even at US customs and immigration officer wears a tattoo.

Still it is not wise to deface your own body.

You are insulting your creator.

who the fuck is your creator ? want to talk about creator go to religious folder . you can talk anything here but please dont pull in religion .

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

"反青复明"? this poem is rarer than what "eagle stepping globe" already. extincted to be exact!!:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First of all the Eagle/Globe tattoo we're talking about is not the US Marine where its more like a standing eagle with spread wings. The eagle we are talking about is more like a soaring eagle on a globe flying in the direct from bottom left to top right direction. Its a very old style chena-piang eagle not the modern USMC eagle or modern eagle tattoo you see today. This is not gang but a rank in a few particular gangs. With this tattoo and a another tattoo of peach & sword, it becomes almost unknown but only to very very few. This is in the 50s.

B

Baluku

Every fish countries also uses eagle as a symbol.

Where is the originality?

When will one start to use a fish instead?

How about fishbuff? LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Banned tattoos? Which government institution or ministry is going to enforce the restrictions and check? LOL!

Maybe that was back in the bad old days when LKY was ruling directly. He's a control freak, believes in eugenics and is a sexually repressed basket case. LKY once banned men with long hair from entering the country.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another banned tattoo is the snake coiled around sword/parang...funny somehow these looked similar to military themed designs. [/QUOTE said:
This tattoo is just like the School of Military Medics.
Heard that it's insulting the Police and dectective.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: RonRon's Conduct

I make a guess.

Most Pai Kias started with some smaller tattoos before progressing to bigger ones. Some tattoos are use to show their status. Eagle on globe means he 'control the world' and is 'accorded'. Started with one flying eagle, when he becomes ready, the globe is added.

The other not so common tattoo will be Double Dragon Split Pearl (Siang Leng Tor Zhu). Again, the Pai Kia started with one Dragon on the left or right, and as he rose up in the rank, he get another one on the opposite side. And finally, when he is worthy, he put's the pearl in between.

Think the poems should be 4 or 7 words instead of 8 words. Most poems are also 4 lines. SAF call these recruits Chinese newspaper.

Most famous ones are 命中注定 , 难忘母恩 , 难报母恩 and many others.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"反青复明"? this poem is rarer than what "eagle stepping globe" already. extincted to be exact!!:biggrin:
HAHAHAHA.

Might as well say 精忠报国。 This one even more rare, from Song Dynasty. But if you are caught with this tattoo, they will put you in IMH indefinitely.:biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw b4 la, but i don't think its that rare. the last time i saw the eagle on globe was about 10 years ago when i was in army (my sgt).

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
HAHAHAHA.

Might as well say 精忠报国。 This one even more rare, from Song Dynasty. But if you are caught with this tattoo, they will put you in IMH indefinitely.:biggrin:

"精忠报国"?? this 1 must to be put into IMH! Will cause anyone thats sees it to laugh till their teeths frop:biggrin: