• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did you guys notice comparing east side and west side of Singapore......

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
east side got more chiobus? Why ahh? I travel a lot to the east side but today I went to Jurong side, I feel like I'm not in Sg, feel like I dun belong to that area....

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People in the east are richer than the west, whether they are local or foreigners. The east has more condominiums and landed properties than the west.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
West Is Crappy ?

West happens to have more factories.

If you go to Bukit Batok, CCK and Jurong West, you will never like Sinkiesland. Even Seetoh of Makansutra mentioned that the west was a food desert.

There was a blog that I had read that mentioned how this guy was shocked when he moved to the west side. He longed for the east part of Singapore that was famous for many nice food haunts.

The west part is new and the east, old. The eastern part has more old buildings. Demography wise ... the west side is younger ?

So, what do you think about the west ? Good or bad ?

JMC-map.jpg

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
What A Disappointment !

70D03252D5CB8FEB62B73872A6EAE.jpg

Whats that got to do with chiobus? rich doesnt means chio hor.....

Felicia Chin was a VJC student. And some media people said she was with handsome guys (some VJ guys posed in several photos). My conclusion, what a disappointment ! 全部都是猪头!Lee Teng 'hun some' or not ?

Of course, there was one member who wrote (CSS2 forum @ U Channnel) that there were quite a fair number of babes in VJ. What was her standard for aesthetics ? I dono.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
East part like Sengkang and Punggol have more Singaporean because of new area. Where PR are not allow to buy the HDB. PR can only buy resale HDB.
Others area are same everywhere u go will see FT.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Locals = More PAP Voters ?.

640px-Electoral_boundaries_during_the_Singapore_general_elections_2011.svg.png

East part like Sengkang and Punggol have more Singaporean because of new area. Where PR are not allow to buy the HDB. PR can only buy resale HDB.
Others area are same everywhere u go will see FT.

The govt predicted that Punggol will be larger than Jurong West as planned. Everyone will be kicked to a far corner.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: More Locals = More PAP Voters ?.

West: factories, blue collar, proletariat, lower-middle class, Jurong, many SAF camps, Bird Park, Jurong Island, Pandan Reservoir
East: East Coast Park, white collar, bourgeoisie, upper-middle class, Katong, Changi Airport, red-light districts, Bedok Reservoir

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jurong East and West, Boon Lay and Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Choa Chu Kang are all infested with FTs, mostly Tiongs.

If you think about it, these places have cheaper rents, so you would expect more single expat FTs to stay there.

Clementi, West Coast, Dover, Ghim Moh, Holland Village, Queensway, Queenstown, Bukit Merah, on the other hand, are quite alright. There are FTs, but not as many.

I call these two areas as 'Inner West' and 'Outer West'.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's What I Tot

The 60% are predominantly based in the West. :rolleyes:

laksaboy said:
West: factories, blue collar, proletariat, upper-middle class, Jurong, many SAF camps, Bird Park, Jurong Island, Pandan Reservoir
East: East Coast Park, white collar, bourgeoisie, lower-middle class, Katong, Changi Airport, red-light districts, Bedok Reservoir

That's what I thought. But, upper-middle class living in the west ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong East and West, Boon Lay and Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Choa Chu Kang are all infested with FTs, mostly Tiongs.

If you think about it, these places have cheaper rents, so you would expect more single expat FTs to stay there.

Clementi, West Coast, Dover, Ghim Moh, Holland Village, Queensway, Queenstown, Bukit Merah, on the other hand, are quite alright. There are FTs, but not as many.

I call these two areas as 'Inner West' and 'Outer West'.

20120402.134455_20120402-elsieeyes.jpg

You are quite right. Another Ah Tiong murder case in Jurong West recently. The woman's eyes were gouged and thrown down.

A condo at Bukit Gombak area is already another little India besides the Tampines one.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In summary:

East of Pandan Reservoir, west of Tiong Bahru = good!

North and west of Pandan Reservoir = not-so-good.