• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did you guys notice comparing east side and west side of Singapore......

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: That's What I Tot

all this east and west beginning to sound like the feng shui thread....

Sg is so small, one end to the other end less than 1 hour...no need to talk about east west lah

btw, the air in the west is horrible....east fresher.....oops...

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jurong East and West, Boon Lay and Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Choa Chu Kang are all infested with FTs, mostly Tiongs.

If you think about it, these places have cheaper rents, so you would expect more single expat FTs to stay there.

Clementi, West Coast, Dover, Ghim Moh, Holland Village, Queensway, Queenstown, Bukit Merah, on the other hand, are quite alright. There are FTs, but not as many.

I call these two areas as 'Inner West' and 'Outer West'.

And the proximity of the Jurong and Tuas Industrial Estate is one of the reason why all these foreign trash are moving west. CCK now has many of those smelly kelings from India competing to contribute the foul smell along with those chicken farms.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody likes living in the industrial west. I heard that pollution levels is higher there. After doing the laundry I heard complaints that laundry being dried gets dirty:eek:
It is also quite far from the downtown core.

So anyone who has a choice would prefer to live elsewhere.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Having resided the North, CentraL ; and now in the East for 13 yrs aLready; there's no way i wouLd want to
move out of this area..
..somemore so near to the Joo Chiat areas; where the nights' actions are ~..
:smile:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I stayed in the West for many years during the time when Malaysian FTs were in "vogue".
Residents there should be familiar with the smell of cocoa daily.
Peace comes when Chinese New Year arrives as these FTs heads back north for family reunions.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Queenstown and Bukit Merah where got count as west?
South liao.......
Holland V is the only place near the west that feels like east.....likewise for Bukit Timah, Farrer road area (farrer going towards central liao)

District 10, 11 also near the west.

West like Jurong the air quality is terribly not suitable for residence. No semblence of a beach like east coast.

Jurong East and West, Boon Lay and Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Choa Chu Kang are all infested with FTs, mostly Tiongs.

If you think about it, these places have cheaper rents, so you would expect more single expat FTs to stay there.

Clementi, West Coast, Dover, Ghim Moh, Holland Village, Queensway, Queenstown, Bukit Merah, on the other hand, are quite alright. There are FTs, but not as many.

I call these two areas as 'Inner West' and 'Outer West'.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nobody likes living in the industrial west. I heard that pollution levels is higher there. After doing the laundry I heard complaints that laundry being dried gets dirty:eek:
It is also quite far from the downtown core.

So anyone who has a choice would prefer to live elsewhere.

Agree with you.. My office is in Gul area where there are many shipyards.. The air here is quite terrible with all those smogs.. Once a year, my asthma attack will make a comeback not because of my smoking habit but because of the terrible smoke pollution in this part of the island..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even though I have been workin in the western part of Spore for 10 years now, I still prefer the Eastern Spore since I'm an East side boy since young.. The atmosphere here more different than Eastern part of Spore.. Just go to Boon Lay interchange in the mornin and afternoon.. At times it can be chaotic with all the human movements and the place resembles that of a Malaysian bus depot with all the FTs workers there..:eek:

HellBoy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always find it more sunny in the east. I feel better when I'm there. I hope that one day i can buy a house along upper east coast.
West side always rain in the afternoon.:(

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
east side got more chiobus? Why ahh? I travel a lot to the east side but today I went to Jurong side, I feel like I'm not in Sg, feel like I dun belong to that area....

It's an unfair comparison. Geylang and Joo Chiat both at East side

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The East has been designated as middle class residential during the British days and the rich who had houses in Alexandra all the way to Holland village also had beach side properties along the East Coast. One of the biggest plot of private land housed a single bungalow with a number of out houses for servants and it belonged to OCBC Lee clan. You can still see it in Google map. The sultan had a huge spread next to St Patricks School. The Eurasians who were 2nd in stature to the AngMos during colonial days were not allowed in Alexandra/holland stretch and found home in the East. By the way Alex/Holland also includes Orchard Rd.

The West was predominently farmlands. Anything west of SGH were holdings with pigs and poultry.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The East has been designated as middle class residential during the British days and the rich who had houses in Alexandra all the way to Holland village also had beach side properties along the East Coast. One of the biggest plot of private land housed a single bungalow with a number of out houses for servants and it belonged to OCBC Lee clan. You can still see it in Google map. The sultan had a huge spread next to St Patricks School. The Eurasians who were 2nd in stature to the AngMos during colonial days were not allowed in Alexandra/holland stretch and found home in the East. By the way Alex/Holland also includes Orchard Rd.

The West was predominently farmlands. Anything west of SGH were holdings with pigs and poultry.

Bro Scroo, is it true that the late David Marshall used to own a sea side bungalow at Changi?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe, during the early 80s, there are many Malaysian girls working in the factories in Jurong. Some of them are so Chio. I met my dream girl from Ipoh in one of the factories while I was working part time during my school holidays. Guess what? I feel like moving to Jurong/Boon Lay during that time.

The second one is from Penang and both of them are Gong Chang Mei (Factories girls). Most of them are very down to earth girls.