• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's your take on drinking BottLed water ?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have it become a habit that many of us have bypassed the good oLd days of consuming BoiLed
water ? ; or because it's cooL to be found hoLding a bottLe of Evain wherever you go ?
Your views brothers ~..
:confused:
:cool:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Your views brothers ~..
:confused:
:cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Se12y9hSOM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looking at the recycling industry in China, it's not that hard to imagine the amount of bottles made and discarded... :eek::eek::eek:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Se12y9hSOM0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looking at the recycling industry in China, it's not that hard to imagine the amount of bottles made and discarded... :eek::eek::eek:

Nice educationaL cLip for our younger ones ; thanks bro ~..
:wink:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are two types of bottled water on sale. The first type which appeared on the supermarket scene quite sometime back already is mineral water that are taken from natural spring. These are your Evians and such water do contain some special properties, which explains the higher price. The second type which is a much more recent phenomenon is simply drinking water or distilled water as some brands call it. This is no different from the boiled water or even tap water. Hence it is much cheaper. It offers no special benefits except convenience ie instead of bringing your own water bottle filled with H2O from home, it can get it anywhere now. The competition for this second type is so fierce now that some brands like NTUC costs less than 30cents for a 600ml bottle. Ice Mountain at one time costs more than 60cents is now only about 35 cents.

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most bottled water is actually just plain distilled water with no mineral content. It is better to drink boiled tap water than paying for a bottle of water that cost 1000 times profit. The bottle itself leach out chemicals and deteriorate from UV rays which affects your health.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are two types of bottled water on sale. The first type which appeared on the supermarket scene quite sometime back already is mineral water that are taken from natural spring. These are your Evians and such water do contain some special properties, which explains the higher price. The second type which is a much more recent phenomenon is simply drinking water or distilled water as some brands call it. This is no different from the boiled water or even tap water. Hence it is much cheaper. It offers no special benefits except convenience ie instead of bringing your own water bottle filled with H2O from home, it can get it anywhere now. The competition for this second type is so fierce now that some brands like NTUC costs less than 30cents for a 600ml bottle. Ice Mountain at one time costs more than 60cents is now only about 35 cents.

If you get bottled water from Batam or Malaysia it more common to find mineral water. While in Spore distilled is more common & you have to pay more for mineral water. The cost reflects the availability of the type of water e.g. new water is cheaper & more available in Spore.

If you are in Europe you also have carbonated & non-carbonated mineral water.

So far the best tasting water I've had is from Thailand which is mineral water distributed in glass bottles:wink: This is provided free if you stay in Nana Hotel. It's probably the glass bottles. I suspect PET bottles have problem with leeching.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure if you all have seen this, i bought one of these 2 years ago. nowadays, i dispense the water into bottles to bring outside with me. this machine is also used in starbucks in US.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltWeHOkdczc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltWeHOkdczc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to drink from the tap even without need for boiling.
Now with floating corpses in water tanks and reservoirs and newater, I only drink bottled water.