• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paying Tips for Services in USA

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't like that la bro . . . was offered but thought silly to pay $5k a year for it so ended up with the Reserved one.

rental car counter personnel are highly trained to look out for towkays with certain credit cards and upsell like hell if it's business expense. if gold, be bold. if platinum, go maximum. if diamond, be stubborn. if black, go all out and attack!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hey the Blues band you mention is the one you told me about? I've planned to go there probably 7th or 8th.

yup, they change bands every month or so. bands earn from tips. the restaurant just let them have the stage for playing. it's a win-win for all, especially for customers.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
oki, cheers! i also meeting another friend there, we can go chiong, okay!:biggrin:

Car parking fee in hotel is $25 per day, farking expensive man. Just parked my car in downtown only $15 per day they charge but I paid $8 for evening.

Oh so when valet went to pick up my car I gave him $2 is this ok? And I also just asked house keeping to bring me 4 bottles of mineral water and gave her $2 tip is this ok too?

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Car parking fee in hotel is $25 per day, farking expensive man. Just parked my car in downtown only $15 per day they charge but I paid $8 for evening.

Oh so when valet went to pick up my car I gave him $2 is this ok? And I also just asked house keeping to bring me 4 bottles of mineral water and gave her $2 tip is this ok too?

Is this still the LAX hotel? $25 is ex for a hotel guest but then but since it is near LAX they actually do some business as a parking lot for flyers who want to leave their car.

$2 tip for valet - yes. Tip when picking up car, not when dropping off. When checking out, call them first so that when you ready to leave, car will be waiting.
$2 tip for bottles of water - yes, sounds right.
For future reference, $2 is the right amt. when you ask someone to do something over and beyond

You are getting to be quite an expert in this tipping thing!

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come the hotel that you staying in does not provide free parking? as for the tipping, give what you think is right, few dollars is good enough.:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once upon a time in China, me and my buddy lived in a bin'guan in Dongguan when we had some business there. At every floor lift lobby there was a desk usually manned by one woman and one man, providing spare soap or toilet paper or more water etc. as when needed, even providing direction as to where to buy stuff not supplied by the hotel. Me and my buddy tipped them RMB10 per day each as we passed by the desk. Then one night, ring ring, hello, who's that, what's up? The reply came, Gong'an is coming up by the lift for a spotcheck, send your hair salon girls out down by the other corner stairwell a.s.a.p.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is this still the LAX hotel? $25 is ex for a hotel guest but then but since it is near LAX they actually do some business as a parking lot for flyers who want to leave their car.

$2 tip for valet - yes. Tip when picking up car, not when dropping off. When checking out, call them first so that when you ready to leave, car will be waiting.
$2 tip for bottles of water - yes, sounds right.
For future reference, $2 is the right amt. when you ask someone to do something over and beyond

You are getting to be quite an expert in this tipping thing!

Yes still Radisson, will be leaving for Las Vegas in an hour. Thanks for the compliment.

how come the hotel that you staying in does not provide free parking? as for the tipping, give what you think is right, few dollars is good enough.:smile:

This is why I love Thailand. Almost all parking is free.