• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

still wanna buy apple products?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The imacs already have an option for SSD as a primary boot device.

http://www.apple.com/au/imac/specs.html

Tried to get Tiger but it's now almost impossible to get this old OS. I'll ask one of the service providers because I still have an old Power Mac G4 which is in good condition.

Maybe the new machines will have an option for an SSD? That's why I haven't bought anything until I see what Apple is going to introduce.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The imacs already have an option for SSD as a primary boot device.

http://www.apple.com/au/imac/specs.html

Don't have any space for an iMac, already got 3 24" monitors on my desk, that's why I've limited my search to a portable. This will be the system I use for home & travelling. The ivy bridge should satisfy my needs for online trading, browsing etc. Can't use an iPad because one of my trading accounts require Internet Explorer:( It's kind of a dumb limitation:(

A 13" form factor should be small & light for me to fit into a small back pack.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All the years I've used the Mac I've never installed an anti-virus program. The reason the Mac is likely to have fewer viruses is:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000737.htm
Newer Macintosh operating systems, such as the Mac OS X, is built on the Unix kernel, which is one of the oldest and most secure operating systems available.
Microsoft Windows is used by a lot more people than the Apple Mac OS. Because more people use Microsoft Windows, it is a much better target than Apple computers.
Most of the computer virus writers are more familiar with the IBM platform and Microsoft Windows, which means its easier for them create a virus for that platform.
Many of the tools and scripts used to help users create viruses or other malware are designed for Microsoft Windows.

No OS is immune to viruses & if you are worried you can find anti-virus programs for the Mac. If you are a creator of viruses would you target the iPhones, the iPads, Mac OS or Windows:confused:

On a Mac you are less likely to have to defragment. The reasons for this is that the OS is better designed. For more details look here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1375

I'm surprised that in Win 7 you still need to clean the registry since this problem doesn't exist on a Mac:eek: As PC people have pointed out why didn't Microsoft include the fix in the OS itself:confused:

thankyou for all the information on mac . i will go to apple store and have a look .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There's nothing to learn. It'll take you less than an hour to adjust and that's about it.

yes boss , guess i need to adjust myself for the mac . im using my fujitsu tablet for around 6years already ...time for me to change too .

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, 100% agreed with your statement. If the worker is not happy than go find another job.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised there are about 250,000 workers inside and everyday, 500 applicants applying for a job there.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Download Puffin, that will solve your problem.

Is that Puffin Web Browser:confused:
Took a look at the Apps store & they don't say anything about IE compatibility:( My problem is that I need to be able to run IE & activeX
The web browser is suppose to be able to read FLASH files but i the review from people are that it's slow

I think it's safer to use a MacPro portable which are true blue PCs, able to run PC software using boot camp or parallel/VM