SG Live Bet WPL Bet 88
SG Tipster
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 180

Thread: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,710
    My Reputation Points: 175 / Power: 6

    Default Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    are they doing that now or are they still compelling all the kids to learn religions as part of the academic curriculum?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by fishbuff View Post
    are they doing that now or are they still compelling all the kids to learn religions as part of the academic curriculum?
    no more religious studies in secondary schools (normal one). but they do teach it in civil and morale edu.
    Last edited by vamjok; 28-04-2012 at 08:18 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,751
    My Reputation Points: 335 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    I am ok with teaching evolution in school if it is scientific

  4. #4
    TuaTeetu Guest

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Evolution theory is just a theory, it is never been proven.

    2nd laws of thermodynamics can disproved evolution theory.

    Why are they teaching theories in school?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,933
    My Reputation Points: 4249 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TuaTeetu View Post
    2nd laws of thermodynamics can disproved evolution theory.
    this is refreshing! 2nd law of thermodynamics prescribes an ever increasing entropy of a closed system, how does it disprove the evolution theory? me interested to hear your explanation
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,710
    My Reputation Points: 175 / Power: 6

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TuaTeetu View Post
    Evolution theory is just a theory, it is never been proven.

    2nd laws of thermodynamics can disproved evolution theory.

    Why are they teaching theories in school?
    deja vu!! (i cant say what and why) but please quote this 2nd law of thermodynamics.

    if you are referring to Henry Morris' articles, then you must know that this is only applicable to closed system. whereas the life on earth and evolution is an open systems. please refer to the following article on this.
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/thermo/probability.html

    all the world's renown universities are teaching and doing research in evolution, anthropology, paleontology, etc.. NONE of them are banging their bucks on doing research based on creationism.
    Last edited by fishbuff; 29-04-2012 at 09:23 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    my thermodynamic is very strong, you sure it violate 2nd law?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    S(total) = S(system) + S(Surround)
    dS(total) = dS(system) + dS(Surround)

    Assume system = life, as life is more orderly thus dS(system) = -ve
    In order to obey 2nd law, dS(Surround) >> dS(system)

    dS(surround) = q(absorbed by surround) / T

    for ease of argument, assume constant T.

    q (absorbed by surround) = q (system) >> q(surround)

    This is the exact reason why our body temperature is higher than normal surrounding temperature. In order to obey 2nd law. Thus dS(surround) is always positive and >>> dS(system)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    if you dare to say you dun understand the above simple equations, you don't tell me you know thermodynamics and talk cock it violate 2nd law.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,046
    My Reputation Points: 307 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by vamjok View Post
    S(total) = S(system) + S(Surround)
    dS(total) = dS(system) + dS(Surround)

    Assume system = life, as life is more orderly thus dS(system) = -ve
    In order to obey 2nd law, dS(Surround) >> dS(system)

    dS(surround) = q(absorbed by surround) / T

    for ease of argument, assume constant T.

    q (absorbed by surround) = q (system) >> q(surround)

    This is the exact reason why our body temperature is higher than normal surrounding temperature. In order to obey 2nd law. Thus dS(surround) is always positive and >>> dS(system)
    Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

    Tyring to smoke again???

    Human beings are tropical creature and our body temperature is fixed by God at approx. 37 degree C (or 98.6 deg. F). Any major changes - either side - will let us feel that we are not ok and something wrong. Depending on the body design, some animals have higher or lower body temperature than their surrounding, and it is not necessary that all creatures have temperature lower than their surrounding. So, your statement that "our body temperature is higher than the surrounding" is not universally true for all animals. It happens to human (and also some other animals but not all animals). Also, when the surrounding temperatures rose to very high like during the extreme hot summer time, our bodies are built to regulate the temperature at 37 degree C. This is God's miraculously design work and there are many organs in our body are working in tandem to ensure that our temperature is at 37 degree C. Yes, quite unfortunately, during extreme heatwave people can get heatstroke if they are drinking enough water and/or there is a breakdown in the system. So, death through heatwave is seldom at epidemic scale because by and large, our bodies is built to handle extreme hot (or even cold weather...all glory to God!)

    It is nonetheless interesting to note your very first formla: Assume system = life, as life is more orderly because this gives rise to two questions that put the theory of evolution in jeopardy:

    (a) Whatever people say about evolution, it is just simply assumption.....they assume this; they assume that...nothing can be verified scientifically and rightly so because it is simply a theory with no concrete scientific basis but based on set of assumptions.

    (b) Why "Life" has to be assumed to be "more orderly". Isn't this counter what evolution is all about - randomness which implies "disorder, unorderly".

    Get real.....we are the products of an Intelligent Design....we are the products of God's handiwork.....We are created for a purpose and not mere random evolved over time.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,751
    My Reputation Points: 335 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by TuaTeetu View Post
    Evolution theory is just a theory, it is never been proven.

    2nd laws of thermodynamics can disproved evolution theory.

    Why are they teaching theories in school?

    Not only is the theory of evolution never observed or proven, its is definitely unscientific.
    It does contradict squarely the second law of thermodynamics.
    Notice that those atheist always lose in scientific debates against Christians. They will propose some theory but can't back up their claims once challenged.
    They think they can fool people just by trying to shout their lies louder. Who are they foolin? Them selves?


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,933
    My Reputation Points: 4249 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm23 View Post
    We are created for a purpose and not mere random evolved over time.
    oh... how does the second law disprove the theory of evolution then?
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,933
    My Reputation Points: 4249 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinana View Post
    Not only is the theory of evolution never observed or proven, its is definitely unscientific.
    It does contradict squarely the second law of thermodynamics.
    could you describe or define your understanding of the term "evolution"?
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,751
    My Reputation Points: 335 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by zhihau View Post
    could you describe or define your understanding of the term "evolution"?
    Do you believe in evolution? Are you aware of different definitions of evolution out there? Which one do you believe in?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm23 View Post
    Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

    Tyring to smoke again???

    Human beings are tropical creature and our body temperature is fixed by God at approx. 37 degree C (or 98.6 deg. F). Any major changes - either side - will let us feel that we are not ok and something wrong. Depending on the body design, some animals have higher or lower body temperature than their surrounding, and it is not necessary that all creatures have temperature lower than their surrounding. So, your statement that "our body temperature is higher than the surrounding" is not universally true for all animals. It happens to human (and also some other animals but not all animals). Also, when the surrounding temperatures rose to very high like during the extreme hot summer time, our bodies are built to regulate the temperature at 37 degree C. This is God's miraculously design work and there are many organs in our body are working in tandem to ensure that our temperature is at 37 degree C. Yes, quite unfortunately, during extreme heatwave people can get heatstroke if they are drinking enough water and/or there is a breakdown in the system. So, death through heatwave is seldom at epidemic scale because by and large, our bodies is built to handle extreme hot (or even cold weather...all glory to God!)

    It is nonetheless interesting to note your very first formla: Assume system = life, as life is more orderly because this gives rise to two questions that put the theory of evolution in jeopardy:

    (a) Whatever people say about evolution, it is just simply assumption.....they assume this; they assume that...nothing can be verified scientifically and rightly so because it is simply a theory with no concrete scientific basis but based on set of assumptions.

    (b) Why "Life" has to be assumed to be "more orderly". Isn't this counter what evolution is all about - randomness which implies "disorder, unorderly".

    Get real.....we are the products of an Intelligent Design....we are the products of God's handiwork.....We are created for a purpose and not mere random evolved over time.

    u talk so much cock but has zero relation to what i had said or perform using those few simple equations. if you don't know thermodynamic, keep your mouth shut so trying to act high class in participating topic that you have zero idea. want to attack me yet as usual always get out of points. if you quote and attack, THEN ATTACK WHAT WAS QUOTED, WHICH ARE THE EQUATIONS, STOP GETTING OUT OF POINT USELESS FUCK.

    asking me why in thermodynamic life is assumed to be of more orderly where dS < 0, WHY NOT ASK YOURSELF FUCKING GET YOURSELF A PROPER EDUCATION AND LEARN THIS SIMPLE FACT IN SCHOOL? you just make yourself a fucking joke by asking this. in thermodynamic this is as good as asking why in maths 1 + 1 = 2.

    Now name me a creature that you say exist body temperature lower than surrounding all the time. For your fucking info, if you are thinking about cold blooded animals (whose body temp is NOT lower than surrounding stupid fuck), these few lines of equations work as well. seriously even if i bother to show here, you understand? from this stupid long essay , it tells me that you know ZERO SHIT.
    Last edited by vamjok; 29-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinana View Post

    Not only is the theory of evolution never observed or proven, its is definitely unscientific.
    It does contradict squarely the second law of thermodynamics.
    Notice that those atheist always lose in scientific debates against Christians. They will propose some theory but can't back up their claims once challenged.
    They think they can fool people just by trying to shout their lies louder. Who are they foolin? Them selves?


    show in equations, dun talk cock without proving what you said. in thermodynamic the language is equations and statistic.all the lengthy defination from zero to 3rd law are derive from equation. do it and we will see, if its mathematically sound, i help you submit this to Nature and Science for publication. Then you get ready for your nobel prize.
    Last edited by vamjok; 29-04-2012 at 08:45 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,188
    My Reputation Points: 502 / Power: 7

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    i dun mind proving to you what i said from 0th to 3rd law all those stupid defination can be easily replaced by equations. i said before, i am really good in thermodynamics, i am more than proud to show you my maths in this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,933
    My Reputation Points: 4249 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinana View Post
    Do you believe in evolution? Are you aware of different definitions of evolution out there? Which one do you believe in?
    the scientific community, especially the biologists, defines and understands evolution as the following: Evolution is an on-going process where a species undergoes morphological and/or genetical alterations over a period of time, usually over successive generations, to the extend where the new species is generated. this process is often coupled with natural selection of which the evolution process is driven by the selection force, which in turn may be geographical changes, climate changes, or even mutation.

    yes, me understand there may be different levels of understanding, as you have demonstrated quite clearly over numerous occasions, and it's good to note that no scientist would claim that he/she knows everything. we are prepared to refine our understanding on our subject area of interests. which led me to ask you folks about your interpretation and/or understanding of evolution, and more importantly, how does the 2nd law of thermodynamic disprove evolution.

    me await your reply, humbly
    Last edited by zhihau; 30-04-2012 at 03:24 AM.
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,751
    My Reputation Points: 335 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by zhihau View Post
    the scientific community, especially the biologists, defines and understands evolution as the following: Evolution is an on-going process where a species undergoes morphological and/or genetical alterations over a period of time, usually over successive generations, to the extend where the new species is generated. this process is often coupled with natural selection of which the evolution process is driven by the selection force, which in turn may be geographical changes, climate changes, or even mutation.

    yes, me understand there may be different levels of understanding, as you have demonstrated quite clearly over numerous occasions, and it's good to note that no scientist would claim that he/she knows everything. we are prepared to refine our understanding on our subject area of interests. which led me to ask you folks about your interpretation and/or understanding of evolution, and more importantly, how does the 2nd law of thermodynamic disprove evolution.

    me await your reply, humbly
    Good definition sir.
    Is there any evidence one specie actually gave birth to another specie.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,933
    My Reputation Points: 4249 / Power: 15

    Default Re: Teaching of evolution in SG schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinana View Post
    Good definition sir.
    Is there any evidence one specie actually gave birth to another specie.
    the Galapagos Finches came from the same ancestor stock, yet each group found on each island looks same same but different. it did not take place over one generation, it took several.

    your turn to demonstrate that the 2nd law of thermodynamic disproves the theory of evolution, thank you
    i am an ordinary sinkie sheep!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Why are the schools teaching China History?
    By BuiKia in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
  2. Picture of Evolution of man-kind
    By psy83 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
  3. Female Evolution
    By Windsor in forum The Serious Zone [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 12:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •