• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which gps should I buy?

Hijack this.....

i am looking for a GPS too, hopefully one that can get free maps. I travel occasionally, and love road-trips holidays.

Went to suntec... Very crowded... I tot it's a IT show but end up going to the bridal show,... Went the other room the Bodyshop show..... I tot only IT show also got other show!!.. :biggrin:

Very messy.... Passby a booth selling GPS... Ok la.. Anything la...
End up buying PAPAGO Gps. I bought the one with 6" LCD so it will be easy to view while driving..
Got a free US map. A screen film and a pouch. Still trying to figure how to use..
$328 I think is the price. Can store mp3, photos, videos also. I ask them got Garmin, I dun think they have.
Think have to update.. Will figure out later in the morning.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am using a TOM TOM now. The GPS signal catch on is quite fast. NO complain. Got 3 yrs free map update. I just don understand why are they still using the OLD CIQ map ( meaning the F1 track). I have updated my map in TOMTOM.

Used this new device to navigate to Sutera Mall as a try out. It quite clear, instruction very clear. No Auto shut down or delay.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am using a TOM TOM now. The GPS signal catch on is quite fast. NO complain. Got 3 yrs free map update. I just don understand why are they still using the OLD CIQ map ( meaning the F1 track). I have updated my map in TOMTOM.

Used this new device to navigate to Sutera Mall as a try out. It quite clear, instruction very clear. No Auto shut down or delay.

Nice to hear about yr GPS device bro, btw I still dun know how to update the map? As I am new also to this device. Used to only iPhone or iPad gps which is very user friendly but it net network or ISP..

Thks for sharing...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
LG Is Better Than Samsung

sony-confirms-glonass-support-on-existing-and-upcoming-xperia-phones.jpg

I have read that Samsung is good but it lacks accuracy for GPS. LG scored well, better than Samsung.

Mine is an LG. It was true when I boarded a bus (testing) to track my position about 1 to 3 m accuracy to the nearest bus stops all the time. LG is fantastic !

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LG Is Better Than Samsung

sony-confirms-glonass-support-on-existing-and-upcoming-xperia-phones.jpg

I have read that Samsung is good but it lacks accuracy for GPS. LG scored well, better than Samsung.

Mine is an LG. It was true when I boarded a bus (testing) to track my position about 1 to 3 m accuracy to the nearest bus stops all the time. LG is fantastic !

Do u mean Sony Ericsson is good? Or u post wrong pic!??

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahaha ! Sorry lah !

Do u mean Sony Ericsson is good? Or u post wrong pic!??

Hahahaha ! I just need a nice pic to fill the space, that's all. No, that's definitely not the LG mobile.

A IT site did a test for Samsung and LG. Although Samsung scored well but it was considered expensive when you have an alternative to buy something that is worthy with price comparison. LG had the BEST GPS results. So, if are nut for GPS and mapping, LG is a great buy.

I heard there's a new trend to eliminate GPS and use mobile triangulation instead. I don't think it's a good idea. What if you are lost in a Malaysian jungle with no GSM signal strength ? But, the mapping needs GSM data.

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hahahaha ! Sorry lah !

Now still got people by GPS? So old school man!! Watch this video to get updated!!!

[video=youtube;NowrZXNtrxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NowrZXNtrxI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most economical car to drive between JB and Singapore

Have been looking out for reviews for proton exora... I think I have no choice but to agree with u bro .. Many ppl hate proton, some of them call them up and asked to call back no more answer from them, how can a reputable local car manufacturer spoil their own name!

I having second tot and think will go ahead with Perodoa Alza, can see many on the roads in sg and MY, think it will save more petrol since its a Toyota engine. Saw the crash test, quite solid. Rm 64k only! Bro LGboy u might want to consider this model also?

i thought you have already placed your order ?
exora with lotus technology will drain your wallets for petrol.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
HELP NEEDED from Bro Wuqi,section of the plaster has fallen down from the ceiling!!

Hi Bro Wuqi and all bros, a section of the plaster has fallen off the ceiling about 30cm long... One piece fell down the ceiling.. By the time I was home, the floor was full of small pieces of plaster(I think its a mixture of cement and paint)... I can see the hard ceiling on the ceiling... Presumably there is a layer of soft cement below the hard ceiling which is the surface they paint on.. The whole plaster seems to be loose already.. What should I do??

The whole false ceiling looks loose and detached from the hard ceiling... More cracks spotted... Very poor workmanship, the developer likely used fake cement

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HELP NEEDED from Bro Wuqi,section of the plaster has fallen down from the ceiling

Will the agent blame it on me?? There is clear sign it was patched before becos I can see the paint layering... There is also no way to patch, sooner or later will come back down.. Thinking of moving to skudai area... Villa crystal condo perhaps or near taman university

Teckwhyefolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Internet Media Player- Uplink 523A

Hi : Just to share with the folk here, I had just got a set of internet media and movie streaming player, it works very well in JB using celcom boardband, very little buffering and can view direct without the need of harddisc. I bought it from this website.."www.facebook.com/people/Uplink-Singapore"

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HELP NEEDED from Bro Wuqi,section of the plaster has fallen down from the ceiling

hmm.. care to share which development it happened?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Bro Wuqi and all bros, a section of the plaster has fallen off the ceiling about 30cm long... One piece fell down the ceiling.. By the time I was home, the floor was full of small pieces of plaster(I think its a mixture of cement and paint)... I can see the hard ceiling on the ceiling... Presumably there is a layer of soft cement below the hard ceiling which is the surface they paint on.. The whole plaster seems to be loose already.. What should I do??

The whole false ceiling looks loose and detached from the hard ceiling... More cracks spotted... Very poor workmanship, the developer likely used fake cement

Sorry to hear, ok from the ceiling correct? Was there heavy rain before that? Signs of discoloration on any of the plaster? It could be that they dried up because of age or caused by rain/seepage, etc. Contact the agent and tell them that the patched part of the ceiling collapsed. The agent should have seen the place even before they brought you there. He/she will advise the owner who should then get it patched up, as long as its not not that, it shouldn't be borne by you as you are a tenant. I will call the agent asap and talk nicely about this. This is as there is no reason for you to have damaged that section unless you are a regular (wild) pogo stick user.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Will the agent blame it on me?? There is clear sign it was patched before becos I can see the paint layering... There is also no way to patch, sooner or later will come back down.. Thinking of moving to skudai area... Villa crystal condo perhaps or near taman university

Very likely not as there is no reason to, you just moved in recently correct? More likely it was a building defect or someone could have drilled a hole up in the ceiling to install some lights/cradle and it collapsed. I would suggest not to clean up and leave it as is until the agent or owner come by to take a look. If you need help, PM me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Again i am not an expert but sounds like:

Fake cement = More likely the mix was incorrect or they didn't remove the old paint before plastering new stuff with the result that old paint gets dislodged over time thus the whole patched area dropped off.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Merging this as a general help page for cars, stereos/audio and internet, etc.

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry to hear, ok from the ceiling correct? Was there heavy rain before that? Signs of discoloration on any of the plaster? It could be that they dried up because of age or caused by rain/seepage, etc. Contact the agent and tell them that the patched part of the ceiling collapsed. The agent should have seen the place even before they brought you there. He/she will advise the owner who should then get it patched up, as long as its not not that, it shouldn't be borne by you as you are a tenant. I will call the agent asap and talk nicely about this. This is as there is no reason for you to have damaged that section unless you are a regular (wild) pogo stick user.

Hi Bro Wuqi, I believe that part was patched by the previous owner before and the patched part has collasped.. There is no leakage problem and no discolouration.. Owner is a datuk in KL, and agent is a Uncle... Not sure its a big enough problem to bother him with.. I think he will think its a small problem and ask me to handle myself..

From the looks of it, there is a clear sign that that area has been repainted before due to the toning being slightly different from other parts of the ceiling beside.. So I surmise someone patched and repainted it.. I don't think agent will blame it on me as I have known him for more than 1 year already since I moved here.. Even if I am tasked to patch it up, its unlikely to cost much also..

This doesn't seem like a structural problem, could be that there is no layer of cement under the concrete as I initially thought because for HDB flats, people just paint the concrete right? No one puts a thin layer of concrete under the hard concrete... The concrete that fell down could be patched work and has given way..

I think I might not tell the agent as it doesn't seem to be a massive problem after second thoughts.. Unless half the ceiling paint comes down, I think I will just leave it for now... Took some pictures of the mess and cleaned it up already..

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Again i am not an expert but sounds like:

Fake cement = More likely the mix was incorrect or they didn't remove the old paint before plastering new stuff with the result that old paint gets dislodged over time thus the whole patched area dropped off.

Maybe not fake cement... Probably the hard cement is pretty hard to stick to and whatever that is patched might be dislodged after a while

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very likely not as there is no reason to, you just moved in recently correct? More likely it was a building defect or someone could have drilled a hole up in the ceiling to install some lights/cradle and it collapsed. I would suggest not to clean up and leave it as is until the agent or owner come by to take a look. If you need help, PM me.

I moved in more than a year ago.... Ya its been that long... Doesn't seem like a structural problem on second look..

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not sure if u guys remember the PHD neighbour or so he claims... That guy has moved away already... I think these few days a new neighbour has arrived.. Hope that this guy is a better neighbour than that PHD fellow...

Some aunties and uncles claim that there are new semi detached houses in Kulai or Mega Ria or something going for 400RM or less... Not sure if its true..

This place I am currently staying is safe enough and there is a laundry, bus stop is also very near the guard house... Tempted to move but still considering...

Last edited: