• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

ymike27

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Urgently Needing to Sell Away Nusajaya Properties

I believe you could....provided the developer could grant you their consent (usually at a penalty fee).
Condo under construction would usually still be under a master title. In order for you to sell now, developer would need to do some change in their paperwork to transfer to the new buyer. Hence they may use that as an excuse to charge you a fee.
I have not done this before....please consult lawyer and developer or listen to other sifu for their opinions. Good luck !

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Urgently Needing to Sell Away Nusajaya Properties

I am undergoing a divorce with my wife and needs to sell away my two condos in Nusajaya as they are joint name in ownership but loan is only on my name. I would like to check if it is possible to sell them away as both properties are still under construction.

Below are my two properties:
- 3 Room Impiana condo with UEM Land
- 2 Room Nusa Heights condo with Mahabuilders

Any advice would be appreciated.

This is what I gather: You can "sell" them before VP, via legal arrangement. Upon VP, your lawyer will transfer everything to the new owner.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How To Move To JB

Technically yes if the item comes under the tariff code. However quite unlikely if items are worn & not new. A friend brought in new dressing mirror kena taxed. :cool:

Quite sure you'll be taxed if you do this :biggrin:
rawlings-walter-pick-up-truck-moving-house-california-usa.jpg

I was told it will tax if the products are less than 3 months old..must keeo invoices as prove

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have a question about Cukai harta( Property Tax),at what time of year is it paid in MY and can we pay online?I received a valuation notice mentioning the Niali tambah( value) and Cukai harta( Property tax) amounts ,but dont know if this means I am expected to pay.Its for a new property.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have a question about Cukai harta( Property Tax),at what time of year is it paid in MY and can we pay online?I received a valuation notice mentioning the Niali tambah( value) and Cukai harta( Property tax) amounts ,but dont know if this means I am expected to pay.Its for a new property.

so many cukai until everyone blur. ok, i found this helpful guy's site.

http://www.mdanif.com/2012/01/cukai-awal-tahun.html#axzz2gGgAR7gG

for cukai harta:
http://mbjb.gov.my/web/guest/cukai_harta

this is the one they billed you for.
best to go pos office and pay i suppose. i believe cukai harta== cukai pintu == cukai taksiran (ie property tax)? if yes you need to pay twice a year according to the 'jadual penggal bayaran'..

furthermore you need to check whether you require to pay the cukai tanah (quit rent) which according to sources, no bill is sent to you.

hope i didn't confuse anything.

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

so many cukai until everyone blur. ok, i found this helpful guy's site.

http://www.mdanif.com/2012/01/cukai-awal-tahun.html#axzz2gGgAR7gG

for cukai harta:
http://mbjb.gov.my/web/guest/cukai_harta

this is the one they billed you for.
best to go pos office and pay i suppose. i believe cukai harta== cukai pintu == cukai taksiran (ie property tax)? if yes you need to pay twice a year according to the 'jadual penggal bayaran'..

furthermore you need to check whether you require to pay the cukai tanah (quit rent) which according to sources, no bill is sent to you.

hope i didn't confuse anything.

Thanks. Since "Pintu" means door and "Harta" means wealth ro property, its confusing! Also I didnt get a bill, just a notice and valuation plus yearly tax amount based on value. I checked with Setia and was told wait for bill. But am wondering if they will just send? I cant pay online as I have my account no. but no bill no. Need bill no. to pay.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Btw, I did go Post Office in AEON , they told me this is not the place to pay cukai harta, they only collect cukai tanah, also need bill to pay.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks. Since "Pintu" means door and "Harta" means wealth ro property, its confusing! Also I didnt get a bill, just a notice and valuation plus yearly tax amount based on value. I checked with Setia and was told wait for bill. But am wondering if they will just send? I cant pay online as I have my account no. but no bill no. Need bill no. to pay.

from what i gather cukai pintu is the same as cukai taksiran (valuation tax) or cukai harta (property tax). i think the one they sent you is the bill. the 'nilai tambahan' is the valuation and the kadar nilaian is 0.13% x nilai tambahan.. that one you need to pay to majis perbandaran johor bahru. i see their website you can use maybank2u or go and use the payment kiosk..

the other one is cukai tanah (quit rent) if yours is a condo, the JMB supposed to settle that (as is strata titled under master title.. obviously setia will bill you for it later, i don't know the exact prodcuedre). for landed no bill is sent to you, supposedly you're supposed to pay in january. this is supposed to be paid to pejabat tanah dan galian.

this is the story so far as i can gather. i also believe the pos people a lot of them blur and don't know the difference between cukai tanah and cukai harta, so a lot of confusion. ends up my guess is a lot of malaysian delay to pay their tax.

Last edited:

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Btw, I did go Post Office in AEON , they told me this is not the place to pay cukai harta, they only collect cukai tanah, also need bill to pay.

Just wait for your bill with bill no and you can pay at post office, or you can go to MPJBT to get bill no and make payment there.That's how I do it

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just wait for your bill with bill no and you can pay at post office, or you can go to MPJBT to get bill no and make payment there.That's how I do it

I called MPJBT and you're right. They told me this is only a Notice to inform me of new valuation. The bill will be mailed out only in October as this new valuation is only valid from October.I can only make payment when I receive the bill.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

from what i gather cukai pintu is the same as cukai taksiran (valuation tax) or cukai harta (property tax). i think the one they sent you is the bill. the 'nilai tambahan' is the valuation and the kadar nilaian is 0.13% x nilai tambahan.. that one you need to pay to majis perbandaran johor bahru. i see their website you can use maybank2u or go and use the payment kiosk..

the other one is cukai tanah (quit rent) if yours is a condo, the JMB supposed to settle that (as is strata titled under master title.. obviously setia will bill you for it later, i don't know the exact prodcuedre). for landed no bill is sent to you, supposedly you're supposed to pay in january. this is supposed to be paid to pejabat tanah dan galian.

this is the story so far as i can gather. i also believe the pos people a lot of them blur and don't know the difference between cukai tanah and cukai harta, so a lot of confusion. ends up my guess is a lot of malaysian delay to pay their tax.

Thanks so much Malpaso for your detailed explanation. You're right the Pos people are blur. Anyway I am relieved that now MPJBT has clarified that this is not a bill and I should receive bill in October only then proceed with payment.