• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Drilling some screw holes on a metal plate

ChioCS

Advertiser
Bought a 23" Allin1 PC and intend to mount onto the wall. Problem is, those off the shelf mounting brackets does not fit into this particular PC. Therefore I need a 1 cm thick 5 by 5 inches metal plate and by drilling some screw holes I can adapt the PC to a standard mounting bracket.

Have been going to at least half a dozen metal workshops around Eunos, and to my surprise none can do that?

Does any body knows where can I find this kind of shop offering this service. That is drilling some small to medium size standard screw holes into a metal plate.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought a 23" Allin1 PC and intend to mount onto the wall. Problem is, those off the shelf mounting brackets does not fit into this particular PC. Therefore I need a 1 cm thick 5 by 5 inches metal plate and by drilling some screw holes I can adapt the PC to a standard mounting bracket.

Have been going to at least half a dozen metal workshops around Eunos, and to my surprise none can do that?

Does any body knows where can I find this kind of shop offering this service. That is drilling some small to medium size standard screw holes into a metal plate.

Your better off going to Sim Lim Tower (basement shops) or Sim Lim Sq 2nd level to look for alternatives. Think out of the box how you can adapt to a standard bracket, they are off the shelves adapters which allow you to do that with some modifcations.

Trying to beg workshop to do this type of one off project is the worst predicament you can ask for as its not worth their time and effort.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go and buy a Black and decker 20V MAX Lithium Drill/Driver, do it your self, don't forget to buy to buy a set of drill bits too....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1 cm thick plate not many shop sell.
U have to go the metal frabication. Ask them have 1cm thick plate or not. If have then they can cut for u and then drill tread screw hole according to u drawing (screw size distance hole from one to another.
Best is to draw a simple drawing and show them.
Expect will cost u about $50~$100.

Z

Zombie

now sec school still got metal workshop or not... maybe you can ask some schoolboys to help approach the workshop manager...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drill holes only leh, so ex ahh? :eek::eek:

Special made by request.
Plate it self cost I think $10.
Cutting to square is labour cost and machine.
Drill hole and then tap the hole all will take 30min~1hr.
If $20 will up want to do for others.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Special made by request.
Plate it self cost I think $10.
Cutting to square is labour cost and machine.
Drill hole and then tap the hole all will take 30min~1hr.
If $20 will up want to do for others.
A 10 cm steel plate with 5x5 inch dimension is quite heavy, probably around 1 - 1.2 KG. Think the cutting/drilling can be done using CNC machine. I prefer to use Aluminium sheet for this requirement, probably 4mm-5mm aluminium sheets.

TS, by the way, have you tried those universal mount? I recently just mounted 2 units of 24 inch LED TV using universal mount. Think have to drill some holes on the LED TV. Sorry, I am not too sure how the technicians do it but think there should be a way to do it without using a customised steel plate.

ChioCS

Advertiser
Your better off going to Sim Lim Tower (basement shops) or Sim Lim Sq 2nd level to look for alternatives. Think out of the box how you can adapt to a standard bracket, they are off the shelves adapters which allow you to do that with some modifcations.

Trying to beg workshop to do this type of one off project is the worst predicament you can ask for as its not worth their time and effort.

I have serach throught the entire 2nd floor of Sim Lim square, none of them suits my needs. You are right about the workshops, at least 2 of them have the equipments to do it, but they are not interested in my business although I told them I am willing to pay more and quoted them about 10 numbers.

ChioCS

Advertiser
1 cm thick plate not many shop sell.
U have to go the metal frabication. Ask them have 1cm thick plate or not. If have then they can cut for u and then drill tread screw hole according to u drawing (screw size distance hole from one to another.
Best is to draw a simple drawing and show them.
Expect will cost u about $50~$100.

I actually lug my Allin1 PC along and shows them to no avail.

CheongSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually lug my Allin1 PC along and shows them to no avail.

There is a shop near ubi that do metal fabrication for motorcycle.i cant remember the shop name.it is somewhere near the Ducati showroom .maybe you can try there...

ChioCS

Advertiser
A 10 cm steel plate with 5x5 inch dimension is quite heavy, probably around 1 - 1.2 KG. Think the cutting/drilling can be done using CNC machine. I prefer to use Aluminium sheet for this requirement, probably 4mm-5mm aluminium sheets.

TS, by the way, have you tried those universal mount? I recently just mounted 2 units of 24 inch LED TV using universal mount. Think have to drill some holes on the LED TV. Sorry, I am not too sure how the technicians do it but think there should be a way to do it without using a customised steel plate.

Yap. It seems like a small problem, but isn't a univesal mount or a simple job that those workshops are willing to take up. Pretty frustrating.

I do thought of some other solution, like using some strong hardwood like a chopping board instead of a metal plate where I can using a normal screw without the neccessity of drilling some screw holes. Not as strong though.