• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I honestly thought I was going to die

Not all la!

Late yesterday morning, went in with 2 friends via Tuas. Reach Kulai and realised there's only 2 passports with us, mine is missing. Sianzzzz! Decided to return to MY customs after having lunch and kopi first. Good lunch but the thoughts of how those immigration officers is going to tekan me really spoils our mood. Nude squats immediately comes into my mind!

On our way back to the checkpoint, I told my friends the best outcome will be an officer waiting for me to go back and just handover to me my passport and remind us to always check all our passports before driving off. Worse outcome? Cannot imagine! Both of my friends say just pay some kopi $ everything sure settle. Well, that's 2nd best outcome.

Reached checkpoint, went to the same booth where we had our passports chopped earlier but no one there. Walked towards the office and saw a malay female officer inside smiling and gesturing to me with my passport in one hand. Wow! SMILING leh!
Hugh relief inside me! Went in and she really just passed me my passport and a friendly reminder to me to always check passports first before leaving checkpoint! Happy like hell! My best outcome came true! After thanking her, we walked towards my friend's car, I told them all makan and drinks for the rest of the day will be on me because I'm the guilty party for not checking our passports as I'm the front passenger!

Feel so proud of her showing my friends who expect they will want some kopi $ from me.
Malaysia is really getting boleh! Haha!

You are lucky. Ever happened to me once the immigration officer forgot to stamp entry and I forgot to check. At the point of exit, was called up to the office and got a scolding from the Malay supervisor before being let off.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I kena at least once everytime I change car. So imagine from 2006 I change cars 7 times. That's about 10 times I had to waste time to go into F1 circuit as if I am Michael Shoemaker. No nude squats no anything.. only strip search my cars and even remove tyres etc

I know why, becos you drive in and out too often and alone and is a male. That is why very suspicious. Someone posted before about Msia cars changing drivers after passing Spore custom. Maybe now the drug traffickers use female driver as a decoy to avoid detection.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

So ironical issnt it? Dont forget we spent our $$ in jB and yet treated like we owe them $$.

Yes quite true. Never question those imm officers. They are not as cheerful and friendly like our ICA officers.

Wahlou! Like tat i chialat leow....

IMHO 9 out of 10 JB contractors are lousy, the remaining one will be very busy and appointment all full.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Feel so proud of her showing my friends who expect they will want some kopi $ from me.
Malaysia is really getting boleh! Haha!

Did u send a letter of thank and commendation to the authority? U should. Give credit where credit is due. Cos most of time they recd complain letters. Thats why they failed their "PKI" miserably.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Did u send a letter of thank and commendation to the authority? U should. Give credit where credit is due. Cos most of time they recd complain letters. Thats why they failed their "PKI" miserably.

Yes, I probably should but too happy till didn't take note of the female officer's name. Must also thank the young guy officer in the immigration booth who pass my passport to the office when he finish his shift.
But wonder how come he just returned 2 out of 3 passports handed to him?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are lucky. Ever happened to me once the immigration officer forgot to stamp entry and I forgot to check. At the point of exit, was called up to the office and got a scolding from the Malay supervisor before being let off.

Yeah, very lucky. Remembered 30 years ago, walked across the causeway for makan and movie one Sat night with a friend. Upon returning to SG, we realised we did not get our passports stamped when coming back as we actually just walked through by the side. Decide to go back a week later to have them chop.

Next Sat afternoon, we walked across again and tried to explain to the MY officers. After pondering for 5-10 mins, 1 of them asked us for S$10 to exchange for his RM10 which we happily gave. He then got our passports stamped. Haha!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah, very lucky. Remembered 30 years ago, walked across the causeway for makan and movie one Sat night with a friend. Upon returning to SG, we realised we did not get our passports stamped when coming back as we actually just walked through by the side. Decide to go back a week later to have them chop.

Next Sat afternoon, we walked across again and tried to explain to the MY officers. After pondering for 5-10 mins, 1 of them asked us for S$10 to exchange for his RM10 which we happily gave. He then got our passports stamped. Haha!

Wow sounds interesting, so can walk across and settle like that last time. Seriously you already visited JB 30 years ago for makan and movie? You are a pioneer Sporean visitor to JB!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think abt 1 in 5 is good. The other 2 in 5 are ok, n the rest 2 in 5 are scammers.

Scammers are those that take money without completing job? How about those that complete job but need many rectifications, that is considered within your ok category or not?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow sounds interesting, so can walk across and settle like that last time. Seriously you already visited JB 30 years ago for makan and movie? You are a pioneer Sporean visitor to JB!

No lah! So many ppl go in also, where got pioneer. Once a while I go in only.

JB even more happening last time compared to now esp for notti guys, you know? Last time causeway also very jam packed with cars but not as bad as now. I think it usually takes about an hour or so to clear both sides on a weekend. Those days all manual cars, so feet always kena cramp because have to follow car in front very tightly in case other cars try to cut in. Sometimes walk in too if just going nearby. Cinema seats like toilet bowl, got big hole in middle due to wear n tear. Haha!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know one old man who just kicked the bucket last year. He said he used to walk or drive into JB when JB was part of Singapore.. oops I mean Singapore part of JB/Malaysia. Those were the days.. No need passport no jams.. its just like crossing an overhead bridge and you are at the other side. No polis manning any counters and no security cos its just moving from CCK to Bukit Gombak

JB even more happening last time compared to now esp for notti guys, you know? Last time causeway also very jam packed with cars but not as bad as now. I think it usually takes about an hour or so to clear both sides on a weekend. Those days all manual cars, so feet always kena cramp because have to follow car in front very tightly in case other cars try to cut in. Sometimes walk in too if just going nearby. Cinema seats like toilet bowl, got big hole in middle due to wear n tear. Haha!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Scammers are those that take money without completing job? How about those that complete job but need many rectifications, that is considered within your ok category or not?

Yes, also included, plus those that threaten to leave the job half-done unless you top up more. I read a lot of these horror stories.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know why, becos you drive in and out too often and alone and is a male. That is why very suspicious. Someone posted before about Msia cars changing drivers after passing Spore custom. Maybe now the drug traffickers use female driver as a decoy to avoid detection.

Maybe my gold colour hair that time doesn't help too and I drive in in wee hours of the morning to have massage at New York or a drink in Ye-Lai-Siang. Those were the happy days where the Woodlands customs will be empty after 930pm. No wonder now they need to increase tolls. I drove in at 2am also jam for 30 minutes just now!

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know one old man who just kicked the bucket last year. He said he used to walk or drive into JB when JB was part of Singapore.. oops I mean Singapore part of JB/Malaysia. Those were the days.. No need passport no jams.. its just like crossing an overhead bridge and you are at the other side. No polis manning any counters and no security cos its just moving from CCK to Bukit Gombak

Heard from someone many years my senior, JB people always comes to SG mkts to buy fish as it was much cheaper here during the 60's. How ironic!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sounds interesting, oic JB was even more happening last time. For me first time visited JB in late 90s for a company retreat, then it was mid 2000s to see properties but didn't buy, then it was 2010 to see properties again. My main purpose is always to see properties haha.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe my gold colour hair that time doesn't help too and I drive in in wee hours of the morning to have massage at New York or a drink in Ye-Lai-Siang. Those were the happy days where the Woodlands customs will be empty after 930pm. No wonder now they need to increase tolls. I drove in at 2am also jam for 30 minutes just now!

How not to be spotted like that, no wonder they checked your cars so many times.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, also included, plus those that threaten to leave the job half-done unless you top up more. I read a lot of these horror stories.

Come to think of it, you are right that complete job but need many rectifications are still passable as okay category when compared to others that disappeared without doing rectifications. Like my plumber who disappeared after second attempt to fix the sink leaking failed.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man smashes window to steal from van in Johor
Stomp | Friday, Jul 25, 2014

A man was caught on camera smashing a parked van's window with an object and then breaking open the glass window with just his bare hands to rob the vehicle.

In the video clip posted on Facebook, he was seen pounding vigorously multiple times on the window until it gave way.

The incident happened on July 22, 2014 at around 4pm.

Nearby, a motorcyclist was waiting idly as the man continued his actions.

After a few seconds of pounding, the window gave way and the man reached in and stole a pink bag.

He ran in the direction of the idle motorcyclist and then hopped on his bike. It turns out that the motorist was his accomplice and lookout.

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/showro...s-window-steal-van-johor#sthash.uTCGZRTv.dpuf

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's high time they invented 'smart cars' that (in addition to the usual alarm system):
- flash car's indicator lights when motion is detected within 1m
- squirt indelible ink and/or pepper spray laterally when side windows suffer impact
- come with shatter-proof window screens (prolly oredi available in market - does anyone know how much they costs - I'm not referring to tint films that are added on to existing windows)

Best deterrent: never place any item on seats or that is visible from outside that will tempt an opportunist thief to target your car.