• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
must watch for all, quite funny.. drop your comments about what you think after watching..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r2khZ9CxI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB : One Hour of Terror !

20120414.171102_johorrob.jpg

Mrs and Miss Lee showing how they were kept inside the airwell of their home.
By Rennie Whang

The New Paper
Monday, Apr 16, 2012
He had just arrived at work yesterday morning when his mother called. Their family had been robbed.

They were held hostage in their own home in Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, for one hour, just after midnight, his mother said in between sobs.

The robbers made off with about $20,000 worth of goods, $4,000 cash and two of the family's cars.

RELATED STORIES

Singapore couple mugged in Malaysia
Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.

"We are so 'light' now. We have no wallet, no IC, no driving licence," said the mother of Singapore permanent resident Kevin Lee, 28, who only wanted to be known as Mrs Lee, 55.

The ordeal began when Mr Lee's father, 60, had taken out the rubbish and was about to clean the windscreen of his daughter's Toyota Vios, parked just in front of the house.

That was when he spotted the two men approaching leisurely. They were wearing collared shirts. One even had a tie.

Just people coming home from work, he thought.

Until he felt somebody clamp his left hand.

He turned and another man grabbed his other arm, pulling him towards the house.

Said the senior Mr Lee: "They shouted at me to get in. I said, 'Let's settle this outside,' and even deliberately fell in the garden to try to stop them."

But they hauled him up.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB : One Hour of Terror !

oh ya , read this earlier on ....
Its at pelangi ...
yesterday i was there having brunch ....

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB : One Hour of Terror !

Mother and father of Singapore PR is "Singaporean Couple"?
Son don't want to do NS izzit?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Watch this interesting video..

Celaka punya perompak!

How i wish his xxxx got stuck while escaping.

But then again the clip macam simulated leh...

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB Crimewatch

Hi bro wuqi, i would like to start a new thread on JB crimewatch news .
This is to let everyone knows ; who are staying or living in JB to be more vigilant and take extra precautions wherever they go.

Last edited:

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

ARRESTING CRIME: The robbing spree of a ‘Mat Rempit’ youth with a fractured arm is finally stopped after he and his accomplice are nabbed by police

DESPITE having a cast on his left arm due to a fracture, a 24-year-old Mat Rempit went on a robbing spree* throughout this month.
* Accompanied by a 20-year-old male accomplice, the men sought potential victims to rob and motorcycles to steal in Johor Baru's residential areas.

* The latest case involved the elder youth who was said to have threatened a 24-year-old man with a knife, before punching him in the neck and fleeing with the victim's motorcycle in Setia Tropika on March 19 at 6.40am.

* The elder of the two went by the nickname "Olan", and both suspects had a penchant for high-powered underbone motorcycles such as the Yamaha 125Z machines.

* Both are believed to be also active in the high-stakes illegal motorcycle races held in the city.

* Investigations revealed that the gang were believed to have been active for more than six months and* involved in several cases of motorcycle and other thefts.

* Police were alerted following a report of a missing motorcycle at a house in Taman Anggerik on March 14, and also the motorcycle robbery in Setia Tropika on March 19.

* A Johor Baru North police crime prevention team, led by Inspector Abdul Razak Ali, swung into action as both cases involved Yamaha 125Z motorcycles.

* Johor Baru North police Chief Assistant Commissioner Ruslan Hassan said police got their break on March 21* when an operation was conducted to nab the younger of the two suspects.

* "Police detained the youth in Skudai at about 8pm, and following that, the suspect brought police to recover a Honda EX-5 kapchai at a house in Desa Makmur.

* "Based on initial investigations, the seized kapchai was believed to be involved in the robbery at Setia Tropika on March 19," said* Ruslan.

* Following this, police then detained the other suspect at Larkin Jaya* the next day at 3.30am after a short chase.

* He said police also seized a Yamaha 125Z motorcycle that had false registration plates on it.

* Ruslan said the suspect later brought police to recover a stolen Yamaha 125Z motorcycle at a house in Kempas Baru on the same day.

* Police had classified the case under Section 395/397 of the Penal Code for armed robbery and Section 379 of the Penal Code for theft.

* Ruslan advised the public to take extra precautions, such as having additional locks when parking their vehicles, and to be wary of their surroundings to prevent thefts.

* Those who have any information can call the Johor Baru North police headquarters at* 07-556 1222, or the state police contingent hotline at 07-221 2999.

Read more: Man with broken arm behind armed robbery - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/man-with-broken-arm-behind-armed-robbery-1.67706#ixzz1sSTF3PQc

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Source:- http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20120414-339757.html

Monday, Apr 16, 2012
He had just arrived at work yesterday morning when his mother called. Their family had been robbed.

They were held hostage in their own home in Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru, for one hour, just after midnight, his mother said in between sobs.

The robbers made off with about $20,000 worth of goods, $4,000 cash and two of the family's cars.

RELATED STORIES

Singapore couple mugged in Malaysia
Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.

"We are so 'light' now. We have no wallet, no IC, no driving licence," said the mother of Singapore permanent resident Kevin Lee, 28, who only wanted to be known as Mrs Lee, 55.

The ordeal began when Mr Lee's father, 60, had taken out the rubbish and was about to clean the windscreen of his daughter's Toyota Vios, parked just in front of the house.

That was when he spotted the two men approaching leisurely. They were wearing collared shirts. One even had a tie.

Just people coming home from work, he thought.

Until he felt somebody clamp his left hand.

He turned and another man grabbed his other arm, pulling him towards the house.

Said the senior Mr Lee: "They shouted at me to get in. I said, 'Let's settle this outside,' and even deliberately fell in the garden to try to stop them."

But they hauled him up.

Mrs Lee and her god-sister were watching TV when the family's pomeranian-shih tzu crossbred dog began barking.

Looking up, she saw the two skinny men in their 20s approach with her husband, one of them with an arm around Mr Lee's neck.

Said Mrs Lee: "I knew it was trouble. My god-sister panicked and fled to the kitchen; I called for her to give them the money."

Her god-sister had just received 5,000 ringgit ($2,000) the day before.

But the robbers were not satisfied and taped the family's mouths and wrists with black duct tape before ordering them into the airwell.

Said Mrs Lee: "I instantly scooped up the dog and put him into the sink there.

"One of the men, wielding a parang, said, 'If you don't make the dog shut up, I'll hack him.'"

He then stood watch by the airwell's entrance.

Just then, a third man wearing a ski mask and carrying a parang appeared.

The family said he seemed to be the ringleader as he gave instructions to the other two, who smelt of liquor and appeared to be on drugs.

The men began ransacking the rooms in their three-bedroom terrace house, starting from the innermost one, which belongs to her 31-year-old daughter, who got home 15 minutes into the ordeal.

Miss Lee said she was greeted at the door by a man with a knife.

"So you're back. Go in," she recalled him saying. "I was freaking out. I didn't know what happened to my parents."

He then took her bag, though she managed to retrieve a mobile phone.

Trembling in the airwell, her wrists taped, Miss Lee SMSed a cousin on the sly: "Call the police. We're getting robbed."

Ten minutes later, she tried the friend who had just dropped her off.

Neither responded.

Five minutes passed before the robbers had another demand: Pointing at Miss Lee, they asked her to step outside.

Mrs Lee said her knees buckled when her daughter was singled out.

She said: "I was thinking the worst, and kept shouting no."

Mr Lee, too, resisted, and was slapped on the cheek. He was gagged with a towel that was hanging next to the sink.

The robbers then chose to focus on the family's belongings.

"We're looking for money, we're not going to kill you," the robbers allegedly shouted, thrice asking Mrs Lee to reveal where she kept money.

Whatever she had she kept in her bags, she replied.

So the robbers took every bag in the house.

Mrs Lee estimates she lost almost 10 luxury-brand bags.

Most of them had sentimental value.

They included her first-ever designer bag bought by her husband in Hong Kong and two Louis Vuitton bags from her sister, one of which was for her 50th birthday

Indiscriminate

The robbers plundered indisciminately, stealing the family's three-month-old, 42-inch flat-screen TV, two bottles of 21-year-old whiskey, expensive cameras and also work documents and facial masks.

They then re-taped the family's wrists, further securing Miss Lee's wrists to the window sill with a belt and tying Mr Lee's to the airwell's door handle with a dog leash.

The robbers loaded their loot into Mrs Lee's Toyota Camry in the driveway and left, making off with Mr Lee's Nissan X-Trail SUV as well.

The family could only call the police after they had wriggled free of the tape.

Miss Lee said the police arrived at 2am to take statements from the victims and again at 3am to photograph the scene and dust for fingerprints.

The family said they have always been cautious.

Mrs Lee said she often told her children not to return home late, and even at 10pm, she would call to check on them.

While the Malaysian family has lived in the house for 30 years, Miss Lee and Mr Kevin Lee studied in Singapore from primary school till their tertiary education.

Mr Kevin Lee lives and works in Singapore as a marketing manager.

He bought a two-bedroom Punggol condominium unit last year and has a Singaporean girlfriend of five years.

The family said it was the third time the house had been broken into.

The first attempt occured about 15 years ago; the subsequent attempt was about five years back, when Miss Lee returned to see drawers upended and a "hole in the roof".

Said Mr Kevin Lee: "Previously, robbers used to come when the owners were not at home. They're getting bolder."

Taman Pelangi a crime hotspot

Taman Pelangi was identified by Johor police in August 2009 as a crime hotspot.

Then-Johor police chief Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said that robberies and snatch thefts were common in the area.

In May last year, the Malaysian Home Ministry allocated RM1.5 million (S$610,000) to the Johor Baru city council to improve the city's safety and security infrastructure.

Proper lighting and safe pedestrian walkways were introduced in crime-prone areas in Johor Baru, including Taman Pelangi.

Bicycle patrol

When announcing a new bicycle patrol last June, deputy district police chief Zainuddin Yaacob mentioned that break-ins and snatch thefts were more common between 3am and 5am.

Despite these precautionary measures by the police, the area has seen its fair share of violent crime in recent years.

In April last year, a bodyguard was shot dead when a female moneychanger was robbed by four men armed with a gun and a parang.

One opened fire on the car while another smashed the windscreen and opened the boot, escaping with four bags of money

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Posted on Cariforum on 13 Apr 2012. All in Chinese..

Source : http://cforum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=2748488&extra=page=1

Try use google translator if u cannot read chinese..

真的很不幸,也许根本就不应该兴起走woodlands!!
每次都走Tuas的我们,今天九点才离开新加坡,所以就干脆走Woodlands~
结果才刚离开Woodlands Checkpoint,就被弹起的石头打中左眼*痛!
我想这就是不详的开始~~~~

之后,好不容易离开九曲十三弯的Malaysia Custom,我就跟我男朋友说,我不喜欢这个关卡。
结果刚离开新山市区,After Danga City Mall~居然有一辆Motor,坐着两个Mat Rempit突然贴着我们,就这样把我的包包抢走~
我大喊,我们急起直追,后面来第二辆坐着另两个Mat Rempit的Motor,其中一个就拍我男朋友的头。
阻吓我们继续追。然后他们追着同伴去。

后面再来第三辆单人的,就悻悻然这样看了我们一眼,去追他的同伴。

已经放弃追逐的我们,于是去找最邻近的警局报案。
到了警局,告诉警察"saya kena ragut",正在报案的另外两个人就马上转过来看着我!
原来他们也是受害者之一。

之后警察跟我们录口供的时候,我们俩才知道一共有三对人被攫夺了!!!
两个小时里面,三对人,都在同样的路段!!!

我的天,你知道我在想什么吧!!!
那个时候,我看着警局里,阿Jib的微笑肖像,我真的想冲着他爆粗!(当然,这只是想想!!)

这次我们损失蛮惨重,幸好不是在发薪水之后,毕竟如果是那个时候我们的损失会非常的惨重==
但是至少很多的证件,文件,护照,银行卡,信用卡。。。。。。还有我的两台手机,就这样没了!
痛恨这些整天不劳而获,专门以抢马劳财产为目标的“强盗”。
更痛恨至今仍然让这样的事发生,却自比较新加坡,香港还要更安全的现任无能政府!!!!

无论如何,至少我们现在是安全,我感激这点~
但是对于将要面对的繁杂手续,我真的感觉很无力!!!

Last edited:

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what you should do when you get robbed

KUALA LUMPUR: A pair of snatch thieves thought they had it easy when they snatched a handbag from a Singaporean woman early yesterday.

They did not expect to be pursued by an witness -- ending in the death of one of them.

The incident occurred after the two men, aged 18 and 19, had snatched the handbag from their victim in Jalan Batu Tiga, Cheras, here at about 1am yesterday.

Cheras district police chief ACP Mohan Singh Tara Singh said the woman had just finished supper with friends at an outlet and was walking to her car when the duo, who were on a motorcycle, pounced on her.

"One of the men grabbed her handbag and fled with his accomplice on the motorcycle. The woman screamed for help and a witness, who happened to be in the car, pursued the suspects," he said.

He said the witness gave chase in the car and caught up with the motorcycle before ramming it.

"The suspects fell and sustained grievous injuries and were taken to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia for treatment," Mohan said.

One of the men later succumbed to his injuries. His accomplice is still warded in the hospital with broken legs. He is being investigated under Section 395 of Penal Code for gang-robbery.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/n...st_hdr=my.news.yahoo.com&.intl=MY&.lang=en-MY

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

must watch for all, quite funny.. drop your comments about what you think after watching..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r2khZ9CxI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very funny and stupid robber. Just use the cutter to cut the lock.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

So these poor quality and literally "rot" iron gave the theives away... lol

lattner

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi all,

I am new here.
Thinking of staying in jb as well.
May i know if security grill is a must?
Notice some gated and guarded community still have grills all over the house.

Thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi all,

I am new here.
Thinking of staying in jb as well.
May i know if security grill is a must?
Notice some gated and guarded community still have grills all over the house.

Thanks.

Hi Lattner, regardless of whether or not you are in G&G, some will still insist on having grilles just in case or when they planned to be away for long periods of time.

lattner

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi bro wuqi, thank you for your advise. Guess its better to be safer than to be sorry.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

又是遇掠奪匪翻摩哆 姐夫妻姨 險喪命輪下

新山20日訊)再有往返新加坡工作的摩哆騎士,在士姑來大道上被摩哆匪掠奪!

建築工友騎摩哆載著妻姨,以上百公里時速狂飆時,遭騎著新加坡車牌摩哆的掠匪伸出魔爪,掙扎間摩哆失衡翻覆,兩人險被后頭急馳的車輛撞及送命。

繼早前有兩名騎士現身說法,指在與上述路段銜接的敦阿都拉薩路被摩哆匪掠奪后,11日晚約7時,再有一起類似的掠奪案。

載著妻姨林雲妮(22歲,工廠技工)從新加坡返家的46歲事主卓開照(建築工人,住士姑來順和花園),在馬華振林山區會主席張秀福的陪同下,召開記者會警惕公眾。

顎骨裂斷數顆牙

他憶述,由于去年初曾在士姑來大道近五福城路口被掠奪,騎駛摩哆時會很小心,不時望向望后鏡,確保四週安全。

“當時我騎到敦阿都拉薩路近拉慶路口時,就從望后鏡發現一輛載有兩人的藍色重型摩哆很可疑。開始時騎士並未拉下頭盔擋風罩,后來准備靠近我時就拉下來,他一趨近我就閃開,所以並未有事發生。”

由于發現對方騎的是新加坡註冊車牌的摩哆,打扮也像工友,他即放下戒心,但因受了驚嚇,還是扭足油門,盼快快回到家。

豈料在士姑來大道近安莎娜廣場處,當他在中間車道飆時,該輛摩哆突然出現,強搶妻姨纏在手上的手袋,拉扯間摩哆翻向快車道,兩人翻落地面,險象環生。

“還好后面的車輛緊急煞車,我們才免被撞,但我的手骨因此斷裂,妻姨的下顎骨也裂了,牙齒掉了五六顆。至于手袋,則沒被搶掉。但說來奇怪,事發前我竟要妻姨把護照交給我保管,勿放在手袋,好像有了預兆?”

一家九囗瀕臨斷炊

卓開照是家庭經濟支柱,與妻子育有7個孩子,如今面對斷炊之虞,說到心憂處,差點流下男兒淚。

他說,每月收入不穩定,再加上家庭成員多,開銷極大,買不起房子,還需租房,每月租金550令吉。

他也供不起保險,只買了醫藥卡,這次事故后,他不只無法工作賺錢養家,也未得到任何的意外賠償,家裡幾近斷糧。

張秀福指出,該區會旗下的單親與貧困基金,會為卓開照繳付為期1年的租金,並給予他每月500令吉的生活費,同時為他籌款,希望社會可以幫忙。

另外,馬華尼莎花園支團團長陳韋親也將找人贊助孩子的巴士費,而由于卓開照有3名孩子在國光二校就讀,張秀福將與校方商談是否可豁免孩子的一些費用。

其他與會者包括振林山區會執委黃福新。

匪扮工友摩哆新國車牌

摩哆匪干案時特以新加坡船廠工友打扮出擊,再配以新加坡註冊車牌,企圖讓受害者放下戒心。

卓開照透露,兩個掠匪的打扮,就像一般在新加坡工作的船廠工友般,即一件式的工友裝及安全靴,再加上新加坡註冊的車牌,第一次被靠近卻沒事發生后,他也不以為意。

他相信匪徒就是藉此讓受害者卸下心防,方便下手。

另外,張秀福透露,由于這起個案與32歲技工黃彪棠于8日晚在敦阿都拉薩路Courts附近被掠奪的情況類似,即匪徒也同樣騎著重型機車,下手地點也差不多,所以相信是同一班人所為。

“我們將把兩起案件做成報告,呈交給柔州總警長,要求警方關注此事。”

另一起個案發生于本月3日晚,32歲廚師黃漢權在敦阿都拉薩路近金海灣廣場處,遭摩哆匪掠奪。

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Sad case with this story, SG plate motorcycle robbed a MY plate motorcycle, probably SG bike was stolen or else its SG robbers?

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably, those victims were caught offguard after they noticed it is SG bike. Already several cases, so to all fellow citizens travelling by bikes, please take note.
Sad case with this story, SG plate motorcycle robbed a MY plate motorcycle, probably SG bike was stolen or else its SG robbers?