• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I honestly thought I was going to die

There are good and bad everywhere.
Human nature. Singapore citizens complain too many foreigners now they are facing the same medicine over in Johor .
I guess best is to try to keep low profile and blend in with the local population.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

it's a cultural thing. My dad told me since young, when u deal with the people in power, you must give them face and acknowkedge their authority, don't ever show u r boss. This applies anywhere in the world, even in the US. I know of people who show arrogance when questioned by a certain developed western country's immigration when entering country and immediately kena asked to go to separate room where they face the 'works' (ie. Steip search etc).

Actually this is true, immigration officers in most countries are very bossy. Not sure about now but last time the western countries immigration officers are also all very bossy. Not trying to say I have been to many countries but my job involved quite alot of travelling last time and western immigration officers all very fierce and will question you alot if you visit their countries too often like why are you here, staying for how long, staying in which hotel blah blah blah. I think only Singapore immigration officers are most friendly and not questioning but too bad I'm not a foreigner in Spore.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree on above too.

Just the other day upon renewal of my MACS. Went to the office. The officer (female) told me to go join the Q (bus hall) and get my ppt stamped and thereafter come back to the office and they will process. I suppose tats the procedure. When i joined the Q and when it was my turn, i politely asked the imm officer y i must get my ppt stamped? Cant it be done in the office instead? He was pissed off. Tot i was complaining. Push the ppt back to me and asked me to go other counter cos he dont wish to clear me. U wont see such scenario in Spore. Power sia....

Actually not just in immigration but this attitude is quite common everywhere in JB and applies to all races, including Msian chinese. For example, when you buy things, you cannot ask too many questions, they don't like it too. You may ask it nicely but somehow they interpret as wasting their time, looking down on them/their product, challenging them etc.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actually not just in immigration but this attitude is quite common everywhere in JB and applies to all races, including Msian chinese. For example, when you buy things, you cannot ask too many questions, they don't like it too. You may ask it nicely but somehow they interpret as wasting their time, looking down on them/their product, challenging them etc.
but i find uob bank tellers (malay) very good on the ball leh. all able to call my name when i visit them.
but sadly cannot say the same for hong leong.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spore police shd be scared of commoners. Nowadays they talk about KPI. Believe it or not when I was younger I had poor attitude. One CNB young punk disturb me in customs and I wrote a complain letter to shoot him a few times and even all the way to the ministers

End up I pursued till the end, even drove all the way to CNB HQ to lodge a complain formally and that bugger got posted out of the custom and I was told given "stern warning" It just means he no need to think about promotion.

Now I think back I am simply reckless. That chap work so hard monthly salary at most S$1888.88 minus CPF maybe $1588.88 still kena complain by me and co and got posted out to donno where.. really sad for him... now maybe still struck as a Corporal.

Wow can share how did he disturb you in Spore custom? search the car? body search?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

but i find uob bank tellers (malay) very good on the ball leh. all able to call my name when i visit them.
but sadly cannot say the same for hong leong.

I guess it depends on your bank balance with them. I haven't met any bank teller who can call my name in JB or Spore. Infact I met one Msian chinese bank teller in a local JB bank who behaved like what whoami described, ask a bit of questions and they made you wait. Having said that, I have also met a nice bank teller (Malay) in Stanchart branch in JB.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

WAh lau really power. No wonder my Malaysian family members don't like to go govt departments. They told me they do things slow like turtle... talk a lot like mynah and yaya attitude to consumers, esp Chinese

I think the Msian chinese contractors themselves all behave the same way, so what is there to complain of others?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could it be they dont "welcome" foreigners like us?

As for immigration attitude. Just imagine counters no Q. And yet they insist u must go right to the end of the MACS counter for DIY. U dont see such attitude with our spore immigration.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could it be they dont "welcome" foreigners like us?

As for immigration attitude. Just imagine counters no Q. And yet they insist u must go right to the end of the MACS counter for DIY. U dont see such attitude with our spore immigration.

I think it is not could be but definitely they don't welcome foreigners like us. Now I realised Singaporeans are so foreigner friendly. Give everything freely to foreigners at our own expense like HDB, jobs etc.

In immigration, it is best not to question anything and always have a smile and answer their questions politely and patiently. Who knows what such immigration officers will do to tekan people.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think it is not could be but definitely they don't welcome foreigners like us. Now I realised Singaporeans are so foreigner friendly. Give everything freely to foreigners at our own expense like HDB, jobs etc.

In immigration, it is best not to question anything and always have a smile and answer their questions politely and patiently. Who knows what such immigration officers will do to tekan people.

So ironical issnt it? Dont forget we spent our $$ in jB and yet treated like we owe them $$.

Yes quite true. Never question those imm officers. They are not as cheerful and friendly like our ICA officers.

I think the Msian chinese contractors themselves all behave the same way, so what is there to complain of others?

Wahlou! Like tat i chialat leow....

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

So ironical issnt it? Dont forget we spent our $$ in jB and yet treated like we owe them $$.

Yes quite true. Never question those imm officers. They are not as cheerful and friendly like our ICA officers.

Wahlou! Like tat i chialat leow....

Not all la!

Late yesterday morning, went in with 2 friends via Tuas. Reach Kulai and realised there's only 2 passports with us, mine is missing. Sianzzzz! Decided to return to MY customs after having lunch and kopi first. Good lunch but the thoughts of how those immigration officers is going to tekan me really spoils our mood. Nude squats immediately comes into my mind!

On our way back to the checkpoint, I told my friends the best outcome will be an officer waiting for me to go back and just handover to me my passport and remind us to always check all our passports before driving off. Worse outcome? Cannot imagine! Both of my friends say just pay some kopi $ everything sure settle. Well, that's 2nd best outcome.

Reached checkpoint, went to the same booth where we had our passports chopped earlier but no one there. Walked towards the office and saw a malay female officer inside smiling and gesturing to me with my passport in one hand. Wow! SMILING leh!
Hugh relief inside me! Went in and she really just passed me my passport and a friendly reminder to me to always check passports first before leaving checkpoint! Happy like hell! My best outcome came true! After thanking her, we walked towards my friend's car, I told them all makan and drinks for the rest of the day will be on me because I'm the guilty party for not checking our passports as I'm the front passenger!

Feel so proud of her showing my friends who expect they will want some kopi $ from me.
Malaysia is really getting boleh! Haha!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

That joker wore a CNB vest as if he was the King of Singapore. ( Huh? )

He asked me to stop my vehicle twice just to open my boot for his Majesty inspection. Imagine check already and you go into your car to drive off only to be checked a 2nd time about 10m away for reasons best known to him. He either see me too handsome or I got a druggie face

Wow can share how did he disturb you in Spore custom? search the car? body search?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please don't feel bad. It's probably true. The CNB guy was promoted due to his alertness to spot suspicious people.

Never see s-plated car go into the chamber b4.. can give e 4 真字.:biggrin:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore customs got KPI. No squats no anything. I also once shoot a letter to complain about a Senior ( quite senior ) chick officer who answered my complaints in a very rude manner. End up she got posted out of Tuas and the last time I saw her was at ICA at Lavender. Also cant promote I think..

Maybe s searched or did squats.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I kena at least once everytime I change car. So imagine from 2006 I change cars 7 times. That's about 10 times I had to waste time to go into F1 circuit as if I am Michael Shoemaker. No nude squats no anything.. only strip search my cars and even remove tyres etc

Never see s-plated car go into the chamber b4.. can give e 4 真字.:biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

I kena at least once everytime I change car. So imagine from 2006 I change cars 7 times. That's about 10 times I had to waste time to go into F1 circuit as if I am Michael Shoemaker. No nude squats no anything.. only strip search my cars and even remove tyres etc

I will make an effort to peep who PW is...:biggrin: