• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I honestly thought I was going to die

Star 23/9/14

Cops going all out to nab thugs

JOHOR BARU: Police are going all out to identify and nab some 40,000 members of at least 72 underworld gangs nationwide.

Bukit Aman CID chief Comm Datuk Seri Mohmad Salleh said many of the gang members had been identified and would be picked up in stages.

He said 49 of the gangs had been classified as illegal groups under the Societies Act while 23 others were in the process of being classified.

“So far, 193 people have been de**tained under the Prevention of Crime Act since it was implemented in April.

“It is going to be a challenge for the police to clamp down on these gangs but I believe that it can be done,” he told reporters here yesterday.

Comm Mohmad said 2,615 detain*ed gang members were released following the abolition of the Emer*gency Ordinance two years ago.

“They have been freed but nevertheless we have their records and have been keeping an eye on them.

“We also noticed that the number of members has been growing and we want to the nip this problem in the bud before new members get involved in violent crimes,” he said.

He also said 14 people, including an auxiliary policeman and a woman, were arrested during raids conducted by the Bukit Aman special team with the aid of the Johor crime department here between Sept 15 and Sept 17.

Comm Mohmad said one of the suspects was believed to be involved in the murder of alleged 04 gang leader M. Sasitharen.

The 24-year-old woman is the wife of one of those arrested.

“The suspects, who have been detained for possession of firearms and drugs, also included lorry dri*vers, car wash workers and unemployed individuals aged between 20 and 36 years.

“During the raids, we seized two AK47s, three semi-auto pistols, three revolvers, 433 assorted bullets and 900g of drugs believed to be heroin,” he said.

Comm Mohmad said the suspects, who were linked to underworld gangs, were being investigated under Section 7 and Section 8 of the Firearms (Increased Penalties) Act 1971.

“They are also being investigated under Section 8(A) of the Firearms Act 1960 and Section 39(B) of the Dangerous Drugs Act,” he said, adding that the remand had been extended for a week.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nine luxury cars, four motorbikes and over $380k seized at arrest of Singapore drug lord
PUBLISHED ON FEB 8, 2015 4:46 PM

BY LIM YI HAN

SINGAPORE - Authorities seized nine luxury cars, four motorcycles and more than S$380,000 in cash when they arrested a Singaporean drug lord in Malaysia on Wednesday.

The cars included two BMWs, one Mini Cooper and an Audi. Three of the nine cars were Singapore-registered vehicles, Johor police revealed at a press conference on Sunday.

In the Feb 4 operation around Johor Baru covering five different locations, Malaysian cops also arrested eight other suspects in their 20s and 30s, including another Singaporean.

Johor police chief Datuk Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said that the crippling of the Malaysian-based syndicate was a joint success achieved with the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB), which had supplied the information on the syndicate activity around Johor Baru, Malaysia newspaper The New Straits Times reported.

He added: "This success reflects the close working relationship between Malaysia and the Singapore police force in busting drug dealing activities along both countries' borders."

The 46-year-old unnamed kingpin is believed to be one of the biggest suppliers of drugs to the Republic.

He is currently remanded in Malaysia and will face the death penalty if convicted.

He allegedly ran a syndicate that could deliver an estimated 4.5kg of heroin and about 500g of methamphetamine or Ice, among other drugs, to Singapore every week. This is enough for more than 2,000 drug abusers.

The CNB said on Friday that the syndicate had been under investigation since December 2012. Investigations are ongoing.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...380k-seized-arrest-singa#sthash.bemwH1Zl.dpuf

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

And here's the Malaysian report on this matter.

JOHOR BARU, Feb 8 ― Police busted a drug trafficking syndicate comprising Malaysians and Singaporeans in a raid here and seized drugs, cash and vehicles worth over RM1 million.

Johor Police chief Datuk Mohd Mokhtar Mohd Shariff said the drug syndicate was led by a 46-year-old Singaporean.

“He is believed to be active in smuggling drugs from Malaysia to Singapore. The raid on February 4 led to the arrest of nine syndicate members, including two Singaporeans, and the seizure of syabu, heroin, ketamine, Erimin and Ecstasy pills worth RM310,000.

“We also seized and cash and various types of vehicles with a total value of RM750,000,”he told reporters at Johor police headquarters, here today.

The suspects were remanded until February 10. The case is investigated under Section 39 (B) of the Dangerous Drugs Act which carries the mandatory death sentence upon conviction.

Mohd Mokhtar thanked the Central Narcotics Bureau of Singapore for their cooperation which led to the success of the police raid.

The Johor Narcotics CID arrested 1,872 people, including 23 foreign nationals, in connection with drug offences until February 5.

They also seized 10.12 kg drugs worth RM380,000, cash, and vehicles worth RM1.5 million. ― Bernama

- See more at: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ug-trafficking-syndicate#sthash.AFFJdOAU.dpuf

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysia polis has indeed improved. For all too long these kingpins ( similar to our very own Ah long San with his platoon of corrupted ASPs ) have been feeding the top to bottom Royal Malaysian polis officers, supplying them with girls and money.

Now the trend is moving towards a corrupt-free Malaysia. They will never succeed in being totally corrupt free but gone are the days where you can simply pay RM50 to settle a bribe by placing in your RED passport.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/chinese-woman-stabbed-death-after-failed-snatch-theft-jb

JOHOR BARU - A 44-year-old housewife from China, who was on the way home from dinner, died after she was stabbed by two suspected snatch thieves in Stulang Laut.Du Wei Qing was found with a two-inch stab wound on her back after the thieves tried to snatch her handbag as she was walking along Jalan Ibrahim Sultan at 9.45pm on Wednesday.It is learnt that Du was married to a Malaysian some three years ago.Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh confirmed the incident.The case is being investigated for murder under Section 302 of the Penal Code...

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Feel sad for her but these are not the places I roam for the last 10 years and there is a reason for it. This news explains it

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/chinese-woman-stabbed-death-after-failed-snatch-theft-jb

JOHOR BARU - A 44-year-old housewife from China, who was on the way home from dinner, died after she was stabbed by two suspected snatch thieves in Stulang Laut.Du Wei Qing was found with a two-inch stab wound on her back after the thieves tried to snatch her handbag as she was walking along Jalan Ibrahim Sultan at 9.45pm on Wednesday.It is learnt that Du was married to a Malaysian some three years ago.Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh confirmed the incident.The case is being investigated for murder under Section 302 of the Penal Code...

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal

Feel sad for her but these are not the places I roam for the last 10 years and there is a reason for it. This news explains it

Pity her really.

Perhaps she was fighting back with those bastards.ladies from china are known to be like that.We should always depart with our property in cases like this as they can always be replaced while life is irreplaceable

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Man almost lost car and $27,500 in Johor Bahru
Saturday, Apr 30, 2016

When he opened the door of his car, the sight of ash on his seat and smell of clove cigarettes alarmed him.

Mr Akbar Hashim had driven to Johor Baru by himself on Thursday morning and he did not smoke.

The 54-year-old, who heads local football fan club Die-Hard Fans Singapore, has been organising trips overseas to support the national team, as well as the former LionsXII in the Malaysian Super League, since the 1990s.

He told The New Paper (TNP) yesterday: "Something was wrong. I knew that someone had been in my car."

Mr Akbar's first thought was to reach under his car seat, where he had stashed a sling bag.

RELIEVED

The bag contained RM80,000 (S$27,500), which he had intended to deposit into a bank account that day.

The money was meant for a trip he was organising for Singaporean football fans to attend the Sultan of Selangor Cup at the Shah Alam Stadium in the state of Selangor.

Mr Akbar heaved a sigh of relief when he felt and opened the bag.

"When I grabbed the bag by the sling, it felt like it had some weight.

"Thank God the money was all still there," he said.

Mr Akbar then checked the glove compartment for his passport and found that it was still there.

Just when he thought everything was fine, Mr Akbar was shocked to see that the ignition key slot of his Toyota Wish had been damaged.

"Someone tried to steal my car, but they must have fled when they couldn't get the engine to start," he said.

When he realised he could not start the car to return to Singapore, he phoned a Malaysian friend in Johor Bahru for help.

The friend helped to get the car to a workshop, where the ignition key slot was replaced. It cost Mr Akbar RM1,000, but he said it could have been much worse.

He was thankful that whoever tried to steal his car had not looked below the car seat or searched his car.

Mr Akbar said the money would be used to charter 34 buses to send 1,000 supporters from Singapore to Shah Alam to watch the match between Singapore Selects and Liga Super Malaysia on May 7.

Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah started the event in 2001 to promote closer relations between Selangor and Singapore.

Last year's edition, which was scheduled for Oct 4, was cancelled due to the severe haze.

Mr Akbar told TNP that he had gone to the Larkin Market, which is popular among Singaporeans, to have breakfast at 7.30am.

He had parked his car near a taxi stand and took his time to eat because he was "killing time" while waiting for the bank to open.

"Besides, no one knew I had that money in my car and I always park there," said Mr Akbar, who visits Johor Bahru at least twice a week.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...ar-and-27500-johor-bahru#sthash.ULCvFDvg.dpuf

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm surprised that ppl can still have a tidak-apa attitude when it comes to leaving valuables in a car in a public place, especially in Malaysia where car thefts are not uncommon!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm surprised that ppl can still have a tidak-apa attitude when it comes to leaving valuables in a car in a public place, especially in Malaysia where car thefts are not uncommon!

I find the story a bit hard to believe. $27k is not a lot of cash to carry about in your own pockets. Why need to put in a sling bag and under the car seat? He could have put in a back pack and carry along with him just like anyone would do with a note book.These days, people tend to worry more about their mobile phones than the valuables in the car. And when it is stolen, they all make a big fuss and say it is Johor's fault.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

I find the story a bit hard to believe. $27k is not a lot of cash to carry about in your own pockets. Why need to put in a sling bag and under the car seat? He could have put in a back pack and carry along with him just like anyone would do with a note book.These days, people tend to worry more about their mobile phones than the valuables in the car. And when it is stolen, they all make a big fuss and say it is Johor's fault.

Put 27k in the car? I mean like, who does that, whats worst, in Larkin,? Jeez, then when stolen then conveniently make police report, bla bla, then meet up with the "thief" to split money?

If this was not his intention then he's damn stupid.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man raped woman in public street in Singapore? Isnt martin road just 500m from LKY house???? I thought this is JB news. Welcome to the Rape Hub.

headhunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man raped woman in public street in Singapore? Isnt martin road just 500m from LKY house???? I thought this is JB news. Welcome to the Rape Hub.

Yes Martin Road is very near LKY's house, around 5 mins walk. It's quite shocking as this location is very upmarket with many high end condos (with security). Although the pacific mansion place is quite dodgy, every time I pass by after work, got a lot of scantily clad ladies waiting to get fetched by high end sports cars. It's quite bizarre.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually as someone who has been wondering around JB at wee hours of the morning, I find JB relatively safely than Singapore because I really hardly hear of girls kena molested or raped in public. I guess its because girls are usually inside cars and don't have any chance to be alone?

On the other hand, Singapore lifts and void decks and even public space like outside condos are hotbed of crimes as girls will be walking home. In JB girls don't walk home. They drive.

happened at McDonald outlet in Taman Mount Austin, Johor Bahru

http://thecoverage.my/news/woman-nearly-molested-malay-man-mcdonalds-toilet/

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually as someone who has been wondering around JB at wee hours of the morning, I find JB relatively safely than Singapore because I really hardly hear of girls kena molested or raped in public. I guess its because girls are usually inside cars and don't have any chance to be alone?

On the other hand, Singapore lifts and void decks and even public space like outside condos are hotbed of crimes as girls will be walking home. In JB girls don't walk home. They drive.

McdRapist :p