• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't be! I can't think of SG being less safe than Johor.

That's not to say Johor is very dangerous. But it's definitely crime prone.

There are not a lot of molest or rape cases in SG. Molest is usually done by perverts in lifts or crowded buses. But these are really rare. Rape is even more rare. Usually victims are the dumb kind who get cheated easily or dress scantily in the wrong places.

Robberies are more commonly reported in Johor. JB girls can't be in their cars all the time also. They do get robbed or killed.

Actually as someone who has been wondering around JB at wee hours of the morning, I find JB relatively safely than Singapore because I really hardly hear of girls kena molested or raped in public. I guess its because girls are usually inside cars and don't have any chance to be alone?

On the other hand, Singapore lifts and void decks and even public space like outside condos are hotbed of crimes as girls will be walking home. In JB girls don't walk home. They drive.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are not a lot of molest or rape cases in SG. Molest is usually done by perverts in lifts or crowded buses. But these are really rare. Rape is even more rare. Usually victims are the dumb kind who get cheated easily or dress scantily in the wrong places.

Robberies are more commonly reported in Johor. JB girls can't be in their cars all the time also. They do get robbed or killed.

It is the same anywhere. Bangkok, Shanghai, Paris, London, New York, KL..just be vigilant and street wise.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I very much agree with u that RAPE is rare in Singapore ( same as in JB ) and Molest is seriously high in Singapore. Much higher than JB because of more chances of close proximity and dark isolated places such as lifts and void decks which make it easier for predators to thrive but at least the media in jb make it a point to report crimes even before suspects are caught.

In Singapore, 1 out of 10 cases are solved ( in general anywhere in the world ) and when the suspect is charged in court, the SPF had a field day glorifying themselves.

The other 9 crimes went unreported.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I very much agree with u that RAPE is rare in Singapore ( same as in JB ) and Molest is seriously high in Singapore. Much higher than JB because of more chances of close proximity and dark isolated places such as lifts and void decks which make it easier for predators to thrive but at least the media in jb make it a point to report crimes even before suspects are caught.

In Singapore, 1 out of 10 cases are solved ( in general anywhere in the world ) and when the suspect is charged in court, the SPF had a field day glorifying themselves.

I think rapes in Spore not high la...but so many naked exhibitionists :smile:

But seriously, not just in JB in fact in whole of Malaysia, you just need to be careful when alone. Just like in any clubs or any public areas in any country, always go to the toilets in pairs. Never take things for granted.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my good female friends confided in me that she was waylaid and poked ( not raped ) one day 7pm when she was returning home back in 1997. She was not pretty and I don't understand why is she a target.

Reported to police and those were the days when CCTVs are rare. So till now case unsolved ( along with thousands of others obviously )

Singapore is a Proton with Mercedes branding. Always rem that. Its not safe in Singapore at all if u are walking home alone ( esp for girls )

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't agree with you on this. SG is one of the safest countries in the world. Of course common sense applies.

A gal carrying handbag walking back home alone at night in SG is probably safer than the same girl walking in JB street in broad daylight.

But wherever one is, low crime doesn't mean no crime. Just be vigilant.

One of my good female friends confided in me that she was waylaid and poked ( not raped ) one day 7pm when she was returning home back in 1997. She was not pretty and I don't understand why is she a target.

Reported to police and those were the days when CCTVs are rare. So till now case unsolved ( along with thousands of others obviously )

Singapore is a Proton with Mercedes branding. Always rem that. Its not safe in Singapore at all if u are walking home alone ( esp for girls )

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't agree with you on this. SG is one of the safest countries in the world. Of course common sense applies.

A gal carrying handbag walking back home alone at night in SG is probably safer than the same girl walking in JB street in broad daylight.

But wherever one is, low crime doesn't mean no crime. Just be vigilant.

Don't know why people like to quote anecdotal evidence in face of overwhelming statistics, which shows that Singapore is indeed one of the safest countries in the world!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha ha, if it is safe enough for you, then it is safe enough for me lah, now I must have 4 Muslims friends travel with me every time I go in, just in case :smile:

You be careful where you park next time. :smile:
I used to joke with my ang moh friends.
In ancient hudud laws, if you are caught stealing, they chop off your hand.
And if you are caught screwing with one their own, they will cut off your ......

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
And if you are caught screwing with one their own, they will cut off your ......

Aya I am never the perpetrator lah so no worries, like I said, Johor safe enough for you, it is safe enough for me :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hudud is just political ammo, it's a stick that Umno use to poke opposition once in awhile. If hudud is successfully passed, i suspect East, Johor, Penang will try to secede. If not, I will secede.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to the Singapore Police! Once again, you have proven us that when you crack cases then crimes will be reported. In this case, 12 years later. So if the rapist was not caught, it means... NO CRIME!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-in-2002-caught-12-years-later?xtor=EREC-16-1[ST_Newsletter_AM]-20160623-[Man+who+raped+schoolgirl+in+2002+caught+12+years+later]&xts=538291

Malaysian was identified as rapist via DNA when he was caught for theft in 2014; he gets 16½ years' jail, 18 strokes

Seow Bei Yi

A man who raped a 12-year-old schoolgirl in 2002 was caught by chance when he was arrested and investigated for an unrelated theft in 2014.

Yesterday, he pleaded guilty to rape and was sentenced to 16½ years in jail and 18 strokes of the cane.

The High Court heard that Malaysian carpenter Lee Ah Choy, now 37, has a wife and a 10-year-old son living in Johor Baru. They did not know about the offence, committed when he was 23 years old.

Lee was working in Singapore in 2002 and had seen the Secondary 1 girl, who is also Malaysian, several times during his morning jogs. He took an instant liking to her.

He would smile at her or greet her but she would ignore him and rebuff his advances.

But on Oct 18 that year, at about 6.40am, when she was on her way to school, he blocked her path, telling her not to go to school.

She walked away but he followed her and asked her to help hand some money to his "god-sister" living nearby.

When she tried to move away from him again, he pulled her to a nearby block of flats. He took her to the fourth floor and made her sit on a flight of stairs between the fourth and fifth floors.

When she started crying, he threatened to cut her with a paper cutter. She kicked and thrashed about as he restrained her in the fourth-floor corridor.

He molested her despite her struggles before raping her.

She made a police report after leaving the scene. Medical tests were done but her attacker's identity could not be established.

In 2014, Lee was arrested and investigated for theft and his DNA profile matched that of the rapist.

Besides rape, Lee also pleaded guilty to aggravated outrage of modesty and criminal intimidation.

A fourth charge of abduction was taken into consideration during sentencing.

His lawyer, Mr Richard Siaw Kin Yeow, said in mitigation: "His actions then were nothing more than a senseless and rash act, brought about by an ill-fated attraction to the victim and his immaturity."

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Shahla Iqbal, who asked for a severe deterrent sentence, said: "The rape of a child is a heinous crime."

She added that the victim had said in a statement that she felt humiliated, and was "shocked and disgusted at (Lee's) behaviour".

She dropped out of school, lost interest in studies at one point and had nightmares. She took lifts alone in the daytime again only a year after the incident and started going out with friends onlyafter she began working.

Said DPP Shahla: "It is necessary to send a clear message to all potential offenders that sexual assaults on children and young persons will not be tolerated."

Lee's jail term was backdated to Jan 23 last year, when he was remanded. For raping a minor under 14 years of age, he could have been jailed up to 20 years, and punished with at least 12 strokes of the cane.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kudos to the Singapore Police! Once again, you have proven us that when you crack cases then crimes will be reported. In this case, 12 years later. So if the rapist was not caught, it means... NO CRIME!

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-in-2002-caught-12-years-later?xtor=EREC-16-1[ST_Newsletter_AM]-20160623-[Man+who+raped+schoolgirl+in+2002+caught+12+years+later]&xts=538291

Malaysian was identified as rapist via DNA when he was caught for theft in 2014; he gets 16½ years' jail, 18 strokes

Seow Bei Yi

A man who raped a 12-year-old schoolgirl in 2002 was caught by chance when he was arrested and investigated for an unrelated theft in 2014.

Yesterday, he pleaded guilty to rape and was sentenced to 16½ years in jail and 18 strokes of the cane.

The High Court heard that Malaysian carpenter Lee Ah Choy, now 37, has a wife and a 10-year-old son living in Johor Baru. They did not know about the offence, committed when he was 23 years old.

Lee was working in Singapore in 2002 and had seen the Secondary 1 girl, who is also Malaysian, several times during his morning jogs. He took an instant liking to her.

He would smile at her or greet her but she would ignore him and rebuff his advances.

But on Oct 18 that year, at about 6.40am, when she was on her way to school, he blocked her path, telling her not to go to school.

She walked away but he followed her and asked her to help hand some money to his "god-sister" living nearby.

When she tried to move away from him again, he pulled her to a nearby block of flats. He took her to the fourth floor and made her sit on a flight of stairs between the fourth and fifth floors.

When she started crying, he threatened to cut her with a paper cutter. She kicked and thrashed about as he restrained her in the fourth-floor corridor.

He molested her despite her struggles before raping her.

She made a police report after leaving the scene. Medical tests were done but her attacker's identity could not be established.

In 2014, Lee was arrested and investigated for theft and his DNA profile matched that of the rapist.

Besides rape, Lee also pleaded guilty to aggravated outrage of modesty and criminal intimidation.

A fourth charge of abduction was taken into consideration during sentencing.

His lawyer, Mr Richard Siaw Kin Yeow, said in mitigation: "His actions then were nothing more than a senseless and rash act, brought about by an ill-fated attraction to the victim and his immaturity."

Deputy Public Prosecutor (DPP) Shahla Iqbal, who asked for a severe deterrent sentence, said: "The rape of a child is a heinous crime."

She added that the victim had said in a statement that she felt humiliated, and was "shocked and disgusted at (Lee's) behaviour".

She dropped out of school, lost interest in studies at one point and had nightmares. She took lifts alone in the daytime again only a year after the incident and started going out with friends onlyafter she began working.

Said DPP Shahla: "It is necessary to send a clear message to all potential offenders that sexual assaults on children and young persons will not be tolerated."

Lee's jail term was backdated to Jan 23 last year, when he was remanded. For raping a minor under 14 years of age, he could have been jailed up to 20 years, and punished with at least 12 strokes of the cane.

bloody animals deserved to be locked up. I believe INDO has introduced chemical castration?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has to spend some of this years being poked by the very aggressive inmates in Changi. These poking stories are actually real.. not gossip

One thing I don't understand.. back in 2002 I believe Singapore is already an advance state ( unless Straits time talk cock ). So for a Malaysian to come to Singapore to work as a Carpenter, surely he holds a work permit? And if he has a WP, surely his DNA etc will have to be saved in our database? Hmm.... It seems that I am staying in a 3rd world country.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao... really that dangerous?

Singaporean nearly loses son after car was stolen

Aug 22, 2016 7:47pm

By DAVID SUN

He left his seven-year-old son alone in his BMW for five minutes as he ran an errand while in Johor Baru.

When he returned, both the car and his son were gone.

He had to wait for what must have seemed like a lifetime, before he was reunited with his son, six hours later.

The boy was found unhurt about 6km away from where he was taken, reported Shin Min Daily News.

It all started at about 4pm last Saturday (Aug 20), when the man in his 50s left his son in the car while he went to buy milk powder.

The white BMW was parked in front of a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) shop at Taman Melodies, a suburb in Johor Baru.

Speaking to the Chinese daily, the TCM shopkeeper, known only as Mr Lee, 61, said the man went into the shop and bought two tins of milk powder worth RM180 (S$60).

He left after paying, but returned to change one of the milk powder tins.

When he left again after five minutes, he found that the Singapore-registered car was gone, along with his son in it.

Mr Lee told Shin Min that the man became flustered and borrowed his phone, attempting to call his own phone that he had left in the car.

But he could not get through.

He then called the Malaysian Police to make a report.

Pictures of the boy were uploaded on Facebook shortly after the boy and car went missing, with the posts asking others to look out for the boy.

The posts, put on behalf of the man, were widely circulated with at least 7,000 shares.

Mr Lee said the man told him that he had not locked the car doors.

Thankfully, the boy was found unhurt later that day, at about 10pm, around the Danga Bay area.

But the car has yet to be found.

The police confirmed that a police report of the incident was made.

Shin Min also spoke to workers in the Taman Melodies area, who said that the area was relatively safe, though people were still advised to be careful.

A photo of the boy after he was found was later uploaded to Facebook to show concerned netizens that he was safe.