• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pasar Malam List - Where are they?

markhida22

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last sat went to the one at jln perkasa 4 in tmn tun aminah, and it is the biggest I hv seen so far, much bigger than the one in bukit indah and tmn sutera..
really enjoy the variety and the price, eg can find salted bake chicken, and lychee is selling at rm5 per kilo.. machi snack is really soft n tasty.

After finished with the pasar malam, went to eat at the open air food centre just next to the pasar malam, it's called restoran 777 and it is really big with estimated 40+ foodstores and the food are very tasty, at least the ones we tried. Better still, it has free WiFi !

We really enjoyed the Saturday night out!

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
《非食不可》 第十集 新山最大的皇后夜市 (上集): http://youtu.be/l6vBuSSTUnk
Here's the place u mention,enjoy the clip

JUST A REMINDER ,BE EXTRA VIGILANT

went shopping and had lunch with family last Friday.After abit of sight seeing and little bit of shopping we head home, along the way we decided to drop by at at pasar malam.You see we love pasar malam for the reasons all of you can really understand. cheap plenty food and the aroma that comes with it.

The Pasar Malam we are talking about is at Tampoi-If you are coming down from Angsana heading towards causeway along the Tun Abdul Razak.Before you reach flyover that would take you to Tun Abdul razak,it is on the left side.But to access it,you need to turn left at the Petrones petrol station and drive in abit before reaching flyover.

Me and family reached there about 7pm.We parked our car right under the bright light on the side of the road.The driver side is facing the road to flyover and you can see cars are passing by fast.
It does seems to be a safe spot.

After about 30 mins we were heading to towards the car.Then from a distance of about 3 metres,my bro saw about 4-5 youngsters emerging from the rear side of the car and he notice one of them carrying a haversack similar to his. he felt suspicious and pick up pace.

Then he started to run towards those guys after noticing the driver seat side of the passaenger seat window had broken to pieces.When he was about nearing those guys ,one of them turned back and saw my bro chasing after them.As my bro had lost the element of surpise,he then shouted 'thief,thief..arrest them..Those guys quickly run to different directions,about 3 cross the road that had high divider with fast moving cars passing.The other one took the opposite side,fell quite badly.Thinking that 3 guys had his bag he ignores the guy that fell which was near him.

As my bro did not want to take the risk of crossing the road that had cars passing very fast he stopped. When he was chasing and shouting a guy from the nearest food stall(food stall empty due to pasar malam)tried to give chase but by then they had already crossed the road or at least almost.

The guy that fell no longer there,he disappeared.

While making the way back,a malay guy in a car slowed down and enquired if those bastards were caught .My bro said no.He had good news though,he said a malay couple had picked a bag thrown by one of those crooks and had gone to us to return it.I received the bag and my bro confirms all are intact.In it are S$2000+, plus a Microsoft surface and personal docs. My bro was soooo relieved.

Thinking about it they could have got killed when crossing /running across the road.Its like crossing on our PIE or Expressway.

We then cleaned the fragments from the car and confirm nothing taken except the bag.The way we look at it.Those were out with no intent to steal like those we see riding motorcycle etc.They were like those guys go pasar malam,sit beside my car eating snacks probably and one of them happen to see my bag and got tempted.Yes,with hindsight my bro should not have placed the bag there.We were always careful other than that day.

We went central made a police report and was redirected to another HQ opposite Skudai Parade to give full statement,according to IO Singaporean cases has a special task force that's why we were directed there.

Are we deterred to enter JB again?NO

We love it there not because of the prices only but that kind of freedom feeling you get when you cross over.Putting my bag on display like that ,it can even happen in Singapore.The point is we must always be vigilant,over suspicious of surrounding is good.We always have a metal bar in our car just incase and we avoid isolated area.

Other than those bastards,many Malaysian approach us and enquired if we were ok-very nice of them

Lesson learnt.I remember seeing a note on the wall of the IO that says-Crime happens most of the time due to the 'opportuinty' that you gave the criminal or something to that effect. Which is very true in our case

I am still looking for workshop to replace the broken window here or jb.Any suggestion/recommendation.I don't want claim insurance or they will slaughter us next renewal.-My car is Kia Sportage

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,with hindsight my bro should not have placed the bag there.

Boom! The key words. Hard lesson learned. You are very luck someone do actually returned the items. I learned the hard way in the UK with brand new phone slip out of my pocket. Gutted.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even in SG, you are constantly reminded not to leave valuables visible in your parked cars.
Even if the bags contain nothing valuable, the would be culprit wouldn't know thinking that they might be and you just risked having a broken window!
So, whether its an expensive item or some cheap groceries, always keep it in the boot, totally out of sight so as not to invite unneccessary attention.