• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Giant centipede found in Tekong

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=30879

getFullSizePhoto.do

STOMPer Vassili sent in these photos of a giant centipede his brother-in-law found yesterday (Aug 10). He also sent in a video to prove it's not a fake.

Said the STOMPer:"My brother-in-law found this giant centipede in the kitchen of an army camp in Pulau Tekong on Aug 10.

"He said he found it underneath a cooking utensil and believed it must have made it way to the kitchen from the nearby forested area.

"He brought it home to show me and just to show STOMPers out there just how big the centipede is, I placed it beside my cable TV remote control.

"In fact, the centipede is easily longer than the remote control, if its body were stretched out straight.

"To prove it's not made of rubber, I've also taken a video of it."

getArticlePhoto.do

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did he declared the iLEEgal "alien" @ singapore "custom"

So next time can i bring Tekong wild boar back or Johor elephant?

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
confirm fake one..

microsoft tells me that real centipede got wear shoes wan.. but i dont see the shoes.. so must be fake wan.. :biggrin:

on a more serious note.. no offence..but it does look like rubber... :biggrin:

"To prove it's not made of rubber, I've also taken a video of it."

getArticlePhoto.do

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Back in the squatter days, it's a common sight to see centipede of this size. Nothing to shout about.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Wiki, it can be as long as 30 cm.

Size can range from a few millimeters in the smaller Lithobiomorphs and Geophilomorphs to about 30 cm. in the largest Scolopendromorphs.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro metalslug,
go sock it with some chinese wine.
it is go for your health,if after socking for awhile and drink the wine.

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha somemore Tekong is army camp , the people never question why he got image capturing device? lol

canteen kitchen, most likely must be those canteen stall owners lah and should be at sispec as there's the nearest to those forest area.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to take chinese medicine with part of centipede. It is macham like a form of aphrodisiac. Damn powerful. Months after I stop taking, was still going strong. Now back to normal. :(

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
my comrade was bitten by one of these big centipede in tekong. you can see 2 holes marks on his knees. swollen and sent to hospital to get a jab.

KuaTioGui

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a beauty...

used to catch them (have my men catched them rather:wink:) during unit days in the army.

at first we went to aquarium shop to buy 2 adult centipedes... so we can put them into the boots of this cheebye worthless regular 1st sgt cos this cb kia always like to sabo people.

then realised the camp itself got lots of them if u looked closely enough. managed to catch a few and keep them.

feed them anything and they will ownz them hands down.

threw in live lizards, grasshoppers, huge grasshoppers/locusts, praying mantis, moth, u name it... everything that crosses a centipede's path, will end up in its stomach. sight to behold the way they attack and then munch on their prey.