• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

I wished i saw this earlier, Eurorich, Pariss hotel or Thistle like the folks said. Had a good pal whose tenant just moved out recently in HH before CNY, he would have been keen but its already rented out now.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal
What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

I wish to open a bank account in Malaysia.

Is it possible for Singaporean to do it?

What is the minimum sum for that or is there?

What documents to bring and which bank is the right choice?

Thanks

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What needs to do to open a bank account in Malaysia.

Cimb rm300 can open acct. Bring passport n ic. Hong leong bank also gd. Go their website b see. Just dun open at maybank. I hv both banks.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cimb rm300 can open acct. Bring passport n ic. Hong leong bank also gd. Go their website b see. Just dun open at maybank. I hv both banks.

Do we (foreigners) have to pay tax on interest earned fm savings/FDs?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Erm. So far no leh. Maybe my amount is small hahaha.

Tks for reply.

If I were to place 200K, which is the best possible way to do it other than carrying load sums of money to the bank? If by TT, drafts, etc? Sure lose on exchange rates, right?

I am a singaporean.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tks for reply.

If I were to place 200K, which is the best possible way to do it other than carrying load sums of money to the bank? If by TT, drafts, etc? Sure lose on exchange rates, right?

I am a singaporean.

Go to raffles money changer at jurong pt to remit. Rm10k per day limit. Rates are better n no admin charges. Now rate is bad, hold on first or change 10k first n monitor.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Go to raffles money changer at jurong pt to remit. Rm10k per day limit. Rates are better n no admin charges. Now rate is bad, hold on first or change 10k first n monitor.

That means i got to remit 20 times. I will then have 20 FD receipts/coupons.:o

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

A way to save money.

Open a premier/privilege account in Singapore. Remit money to the bank in Malaysia (same bank). If u r premier customers, it's free to remit money overseas. Rates wise, gotta calculate the opportunity costs

That means i got to remit 20 times. I will then have 20 FD receipts/coupons.:o

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

A way to save money.

Open a premier/privilege account in Singapore. Remit money to the bank in Malaysia (same bank). If u r premier customers, it's free to remit money overseas. Rates wise, gotta calculator the opportunity costs

Nice to hear of several options.

Tks.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

If u have Malaysian relatives/friends, I think the changer can then remit more than 10k per day. Then it will be a question of how much u trust the receiving party for your huge sum of money :smile:

Nice to hear of several options.

Tks.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

U won't always lose on exchange rate by TT. There is an option for forex where u can trade the forex like an options. I forgot the name of this method. Basically, u can buy an options that when a forex reaches certain rate that u desire, then the forex will be converted to the currency u want. Cost involved for such transaction? Gotta consult bank officer. I only briefly learned something about this but never used it before. Just to share only. Cheers

Tks for reply.

I am a singaporean.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If u have Malaysian relatives/friends, I think the changer can then remit more than 10k per day. Then it will be a question of how much u trust the receiving party for your huge sum of money :smile:

Have thought of that. But my Msian relatives always have this mentality that Singaporeans are very rich. So when come to money or properties, I rather not get them involved.

They even suggested buying a SemiD using by using their name. But i turn down the offer politely.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woah. So cheeky ar? Either ur relationship with them is extremely close or they really think that uncle whoami is reallyReally rich :wink:

Have thought of that. But my Msian relatives always have this mentality that Singaporeans are very rich. So when come to money or properties, I rather not get them involved.

They even suggested buying a SemiD using by using their name. But i turn down the offer politely.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Woah. So cheeky ar? Either ur relationship with them is extremely close or they really think that uncle whoami is reallyReally rich :wink:

Uncle not rich. The offer was made 2 yrs back. Quite cheap.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

I always go jb. Does jb has Hong leong convenient ATM machine to draw cash?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Convenient as in inside shopping mall? Very few. But if they are on MEPs, then u can withdraw from any machines. Normally, the first few transaction within a month is free, then subsequent withdrawal is subject to small fees.

For hong Leong, if u go by first link, there are 2 branches right in the city. One at pelangi (opposite plaza pelangi) and one beside UOB at Jalan Wong ah fook. Perhaps can withdraw there before u go shopping.

I always go jb. Does jb has Hong leong convenient ATM machine to draw cash?

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Hiring a maid (Domestic Helper) in Johor Bahru.. How?..

Just saw this professional house cleaning services so sharing with bros here.
I did not use their service before. Caveat emptor!

423929_244901485593170_244705508946101_600153_870479510_n.jpg

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha. Uncle, u r still rich ... No no, perhaps the right word is "richer", because of your wise move 2 years ago :smile: now just enjoy the fruits, uncle :smile:

Uncle not rich. The offer was made 2 yrs back. Quite cheap.