• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can I bring my live arowana from sg to MY?

this fellow i think deserve a phd when in comes to this. LOL i think he himself also lost count

Wah 2 of u r old bird here already?? Posted so many and reputation very popular huh? By the way what time now over yr place?? 3am still awake? Bro vam what u breed leh???

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

i used to breed CRS shrimp too before the market become hot ( if you want to start breeding for money , you have to know what will be the next " big thing " in your country ) ...dont strike when the "iron is cooling off " or goin to cool off . i started breeding my first kingkong shrimp which i can sell sin$2000 per piece during that time ( im one of the few ppl who actucally managed to breed kingkong shrimp ) . theres a craze fashion in fish hobby just like luohan ...now give ppl , ppl also dont want .

Bro y dun u breed aro?? Good money u know??

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah 2 of u r old bird here already?? Posted so many and reputation very popular huh? By the way what time now over yr place?? 3am still awake? Bro vam what u breed leh???

me? i am a loser when it comes to this. whatever i try to even rear, it dies. i give up on pets LOL

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro what animals u already bred??

bro..now my farm have all kind of reptiles and amphibians from different morph . i also breedng animals such as mamoset , pitbulls , owl ...ect ..i already breed tons of living things :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Bro y dun u breed aro?? Good money u know??

bro you need a big place to breed aro and breeding aro is not that easy its not like putting a pair of aro and they will start breeding ..i know nuts about aro . i just keep it as a hobby .

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro..now my farm have all kind of reptiles and amphibians from different morph . i also breedng animals such as mamoset , pitbulls , owl ...ect ..i already breed tons of living things :wink:

Wow u another superman!! Pitsbull what is that?? The rapper?? Sorry I from the other side of the mountain!! :rolleyes:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

breeding biz involved alot of trial and error . alot of breeders out there will not share their trade secrets ...worry their ricebowl . even many books that write about breeding animals or fish or even reptiles will not tell you everything .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wow u another superman!! Pitsbull what is that?? The rapper?? Sorry I from the other side of the mountain!! :rolleyes:

pitbull bully is a dog . which are banned in singapore .

[video=youtube;EDLuugJ2_Ek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDLuugJ2_Ek[/video]

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

[video=youtube;PQgrnsVjOFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgrnsVjOFw&feature=related[/video]

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

drifter[/QUOTE said:
Wow u breed dogs huh bro!! I also thinking of that... But dun know how they can make babies...

Last time I have 2 dogs, they always chase after each other like piggy beg the female but we always separate them.. Maybe should hold on the female dog rite? I want to breed big dogs...

1st have to buy 1 pair 1st rite? Maybe can plan to open a pet hobby shop! Good idea! Thks bro!

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro you need a big place to breed aro and breeding aro is not that easy its not like putting a pair of aro and they will start breeding ..i know nuts about aro . i just keep it as a hobby .

Not a big place needed, only a m&d pond which I think 6m x 6m is ok.... The females and males when reached 25 inch above and after 4 or 5 years considered as mertured. Females lay eggs and male will store eggs in the mouth for few weeks , if u see male aro mouth very heavy and look like wanting to vomit and no mood or apetite to eat. Then u got to catch it and let it vomit out the fries and put fries into a shallow tank for it to hatch. My rough idea only...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Not a big place needed, only a m&d pond which I think 6m x 6m is ok.... The females and males when reached 25 inch above and after 4 or 5 years considered as mertured. Females lay eggs and male will store eggs in the mouth for few weeks , if u see male aro mouth very heavy and look like wanting to vomit and no mood or apetite to eat. Then u got to catch it and let it vomit out the fries and put fries into a shallow tank for it to hatch. My rough idea only...

bro if breeding is your rice bowl im sure you needed more then just one 6m by 6m pond ..you needed every day new babies to be born . because you cant sell the babies immediately ...and 4 or 5 years to mature and to breed is too time consuming and not forgetting you must let them rest , they are not machine and not all of the babies will servived ...meanwhile you need to put food on the table everymonth , and beside that theres also electricity bills , farm rental , fish food , maintance , staff salary ...ect to be paid every month ...

as for breeding animals its just take 2 years to mature depends on what animals . some takes only ayear or 9 months .

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wow u breed dogs huh bro!! I also thinking of that... But dun know how they can make babies...

Last time I have 2 dogs, they always chase after each other like piggy beg the female but we always separate them.. Maybe should hold on the female dog rite? I want to breed big dogs...

1st have to buy 1 pair 1st rite? Maybe can plan to open a pet hobby shop! Good idea! Thks bro!

bro..if the female refuse to let the male mate means she is not ready and not on heat ...no problem bro , i just share my experience here as a breeder .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

bro..if you want to open petshop and earn good money you cant just sell dog or cat food too ...your petshop must included grooming of dogs and cats ( good money almost 0 cost ) , breed your own animals and sell ( dont take from other breeder , so that you earn 100% profits ) , if possible also included pets boarding , rental for animals for photography sessions for ad on magazine or TV ( of course must be rare dogs or animals ) . charge stud fee for customer who want to start their breeding program by use your male sperm or female dogs or animals and if possible also a pets cafe ...bascially anything got to do with dogs or animals ....and you also need lots of connection from other petshops and breeder just in case you run out of stocks when customer wanted certain animals or dogs you could get from them .

when your animals populations grows but not your sales, dont panic and started to sell cheap just because you want to get rid of them ( you will clash your own market and also pissed off petshops owners or breeders ) ...instead go into international market like export .
hope all these things wont stop you from going into pet biz ..but i can tell you animals biz is good money if you know how to do it . and also beware of breeder selling you animals for breeding ..i have a friend who spend 25k for a very good pair of imported great danes but the dogs cant even breed :wink: due to some medical reasons . i have heard tons of story about fuck up breeders .

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Should I take loan from SG bank or MY bank?

Hi,

I'm buying a house in Johor and I'm thinking if I should get the loan from Malaysia or should I re-morgage my house to leverage on the lower interest rates in SG. (e.g. SGD400,000 over 30 years)

What are the pros and cons, taking into account of Forex?

Any advice?

I assume your house is private property because HDB cant be re-mortgaged after its fully paid. For me, I would choose the SG rate as it is currently much lower and can be expected to remain low for 2 years. I can then rent out the SG private and stay in JB. LT ex rate is expected to go up over the years. By how much is anybody's guess though.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I assume your house is private property because HDB cant be re-mortgaged after its fully paid. For me, I would choose the SG rate as it is currently much lower and can be expected to remain low for 2 years. I can then rent out the SG private and stay in JB. LT ex rate is expected to go up over the years. By how much is anybody's guess though.....

For re-mortgage of private, I assume the CPF can still be used to service the re-financing but I may be wrong on that though. If so, then it makes further sense to use SGD loan.....

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro you are earning Sink $? Then make repayment in Sink also... Why let banks earn their higher convertion rate!

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal

With the current low interest environment, and if you can remortgage, I personally think this is a good way to finance overseas purchases.

Pros: Can use CPF to make repayment.
Fixed low interest for 2 years. (average about 1.2% i think)

Cons: Fixed exchange rate at the point of transfer. If rates go up or down, it doesnt matter. No further forex implications till you sell/cash out the investment. (Actually, this can be a positive depending on point of view)

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal

Javier, like Reds, I'd consider it a no-brainer if you are indeed eligible. Sharp differential in interest rates, relative stability of SGD vs MYR (if anything, possible appreciation of SGD vs MYR).