• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: fees etc for renting a house in Johor

thanks fundtransfer, that's very helpful.

i wonder do the investors here are able to get a positive cashflow from their properties in JB ?
As in the rental collected exceed or match the mortgage ?

Due to my age, I will only be able to get 20 years loan i think and forsee a much higher payout per month.
Please advise

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal

my wife is a sg pr from china and was told there is a mac pass where we can apply to stay continuous for 30 days without stamping.
can anyone advise how to go about arranging in my case ?
tks

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u go to Msia by 2nd link. After clearing Malaysian customs, park at the side. MACS office is at the right end.

Apparently they don't ask to check S&P or any docs, when I got mine recently. Just bring your passport...

my wife is a sg pr from china and was told there is a mac pass where we can apply to stay continuous for 30 days without stamping.
can anyone advise how to go about arranging in my case ?
tks

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by HDB that I can't have any private property overseas if I am applying for HDB loan :

Flat buyers / transferees can apply for an HDB concessionary housing loan if they and the essential occupiers (if any):
(d) do not own any private residential property (including an HUDC flat / Executive Condominium) in Singapore or overseas;

What are my options if I still want to get my JB property ?

THanks

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told by HDB that I can't have any private property overseas if I am applying for HDB loan :

Flat buyers / transferees can apply for an HDB concessionary housing loan if they and the essential occupiers (if any):
(d) do not own any private residential property (including an HUDC flat / Executive Condominium) in Singapore or overseas;

THanks

If you apply loan from other banks like DBS, OCBC, etc. Is it consider as non-concessionary housing loan since you are not taking loan from HDB?

In this case, can buy overseas pty right??

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

THanks

You have to meet the mop of 5yrs before you can buy private or overseas property irregardless whether you got take loan or not.if caught, hdb will take back the flat.
You can use your family member or relative, s name to buy provided you trust them, but they must not have a hdb flat bought after aug 2010

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Where to buy made ready canvas for painting?

Hi there, would appreciate if any one can help to advise where to find canvas for painting. I know there is one stationery shop at Pelangi but they do not have the size I need. Do not consider custom made canvas coz saw one shop did it not nicely made. Thanks in advance :smile:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there, is it true that, in Malaysia, the owner must make full settlement with bank/developer before he can sell his property? Thank u in advance :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Dear bros,

I will be taking a break as i just had a bereavement this evening of a relative. She struggled with coma and has been in ICU since July 2nd and just passed on. Her sons were unable to afford further the hospital bills and she face having to have her leg amputated to try to save her from the flesh eating bacteria that she somehow contracted after cutting her leg on something at her void deck.

The doctors informed the family that even if she were to go for amputation, there is no guarantee that she will recover given the late stage that she was in before she went to the doctors.

Even though both she and my mother were not directly related by blood, they were the very best of friends from young. My mother just lost her best friend.
Please take care of the elderly around you, if they fall down and break a pelvic bone or if they cut themselves on the foot and they have diabetes, it can be fatal. Life is fragile.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear bros,

I will be taking a break as i just had a bereavement this evening of a relative. She struggled with coma and has been in ICU since July 2nd and just passed on. Her sons were unable to afford further the hospital bills and she face having to have her leg amputated to try to save her from the flesh eating bacteria that she somehow contracted after cutting her leg on something at her void deck.

The doctors informed the family that even if she were to go for amputation, there is no guarantee that she will recover given the late stage that she was in before she went to the doctors.

Even though both she and my mother were not directly related by blood, they were the very best of friends from young. My mother just lost her best friend.
Please take care of the elderly around you, if they fall down and break a pelvic bone or if they cut themselves on the foot and they have diabetes, it can be fatal. Got a lot of pressure this week from work, family and new opportunities.

Though things are starting to look ok but work wise when i informed my boss of my aunts ICU earlier last week, he pretended not to know/care and later called me on the phone telling me he only cared about results and nothing else. Same thing when one of my kids was in hospital, told me kids will recover, just let them be in the hospital.

Have we all become machines sometimes or perhaps some bosses relatives are all immortal. I haven't taken MC for the past 5 years or a single day off yet this year but when just now i told him i will take half day leave tomorrow and he said ok, yet very next minute bombarded me with questions on other things. Sometimes this type of hardship that people push upon others is really not required.

Sorry to hear about your aunt and all the very best to her condition.

Meanwhile, I think it's about time to really consider being fully self employed with so many new opportunities around you. The world today no longer appreciates the workers.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dear bros,

Please take care of the elderly around you, if they fall down and break a pelvic bone or if they cut themselves on the foot and they have diabetes, it can be fatal. Life is fragile.

Best that you take good care of your mom. Give her more of your time as one just lost a beloved one may not able to take it. Not all will speak out how they feel.

My mom past away almost one year later (in fact two days earlier) after she lost her Sister In Law who died from sudden death. This sister in law was also my mom closest friend. Touch wood, I am not trying to imply to anyone or anything, just a sincere reminder. Heard from a doctor saying that it is critical period (within one year) for us as a human who just lost beloved one. Any illness may just strike within.the first year. So take good care of (and lend your ears) those alive is essential. Of course the priority is you must take good care of yourself first. :smile:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

Best that you take good care of your mom. Give her more of your time as one just lost a beloved one may not able to take it. Not all will speak out how they feel.

My mom past away almost one year later (in fact two days earlier) after she lost her Sister In Law who died from sudden death. This sister in law was also my mom closest friend. Touch wood, I am not trying to imply to anyone or anything, just a sincere reminder. Heard from a doctor saying that it is critical period (within one year) for us as a human who just lost beloved one. Any illness may just strike within.the first year. So take good care of (and lend your ears) those alive is essential. Of course the priority is you must take good care of yourself first. :smile:

ya, life is fragile. don't take things too hard . have a kit kat sometime.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Please take care of yourself and your elderly at home. Some elderly just don't like to talk about it, they need some activities to divert their attention. As for work, not sure whether it is because we are all live in the concrete world which has forzen one warm heart or all of us has been multi tasking and has missed out certain priority in life. Nevertheless, stay positive and healthy!

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Careful of Asbestos

Case study on buying resale property in Malaysia:

Ms.ABC viewed an apartment, satisfied and place a deposit of 1% of purchase price to seller (Mr.XYZ)
Option form stated SPA to be signed within 14 days but Ms.ABC requests for grace period of another 2 weeks as she afraid loan application might take longer.
Mr.XYZ agreed, told Ms.ABC that no more extension after 4 weeks, else deposit of RM2500 shall be forfeited.

Due to Ms.ABC poor credit record, loan application takes 5 weeks to get approval and immediately arrange Mr.XYZ to sign the SPA.
Mr.XYZ replied Ms.ABC that he will not sign the SPA unless she agrees with the mark-up price (RM10K above original selling price), else deposit shall be forfeited.

Question:
Can Ms.ABC (buyer) sue Mr.XYZ (seller) for not refunding the deposit / refuse to sign SPA base on original selling price?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Careful of Asbestos

Case study on buying resale property in Malaysia:

Ms.ABC viewed an apartment, satisfied and place a deposit of 1% of purchase price to seller (Mr.XYZ)
Option form stated SPA to be signed within 14 days but Ms.ABC requests for grace period of another 2 weeks as she afraid loan application might take longer.
Mr.XYZ agreed, told Ms.ABC that no more extension after 4 weeks, else deposit of RM2500 shall be forfeited.

Due to Ms.ABC poor credit record, loan application takes 5 weeks to get approval and immediately arrange Mr.XYZ to sign the SPA.
Mr.XYZ replied Ms.ABC that he will not sign the SPA unless she agrees with the mark-up price (RM10K above original selling price), else deposit shall be forfeited.

Question:
Can Ms.ABC (buyer) sue Mr.XYZ (seller) for not refunding the deposit / refuse to sign SPA base on original selling price?

I dont know abt MY but in Singapore you would use the unit if you dont sign within stipulated period, and seller has the right to increase price. It happened to my neighbour in a project I bought in 2006 when prices were rising fast. Developer riased price by 400K from 2M to 2.4M in 3 months because a buyer got LDU approval late( he was a PR applying to buy a landed property). He had to options, pay new price or walk away.