• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where can I pay my property tax and water bill on a Sunday in JB?

For Property Tax, can pay online at MBJB site. For TNB (electrical) and SAJ (water), set up an online account with respective agency, you can pay your monthly bill online without stepping into JB.
I settle all my monthly bill online.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Property Tax, can pay online at MBJB site. For TNB (electrical) and SAJ (water), set up an online account with respective agency, you can pay your monthly bill online without stepping into JB.

But u need TAC right??

I tried setting up accounts but the website asked for TAC verification..

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hubby suspended his mobile number as having company phone and have to go uob mon to fri to sign form to change number. Not free mon to fri so no choice but to go in this weekend. Suffered an epic 5 hr journey just to get in cause jam into malaysia side at tuas and just came back after 3.5 hrs journey....but otherwise enjoyed eating there exploring the new eateries at austin 8th avenue. Had lotsa salmon sashimi for dinner, Old Town cafe sardine prata and banana french toast which I have never tried and quite yummy for breakfast. Not cheap though. Saved S$150 from buying 4 cans of milk powder too...98rm a can compared to S$74 in Sg....

Post office service was quite fast and luckily I had enough cash cause they only accept cash...

Only thing is my kids complaining no wifi or mobile data available for them to play their hdphone games...Anyone knows where I can buy prepaid SIM cards with data in Tebrau for them ? If not available, older boy refuse to go again, ha ha...

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hubby suspended his mobile number as having company phone and have to go uob mon to fri to sign form to change number. Not free mon to fri so no choice but to go in this weekend. Suffered an epic 5 hr journey just to get in cause jam into malaysia side at tuas and just came back after 3.5 hrs journey....but otherwise enjoyed eating there exploring the new eateries at austin 8th avenue. Had lotsa salmon sashimi for dinner, Old Town cafe sardine prata and banana french toast which I have never tried and quite yummy for breakfast. Not cheap though. Saved S$150 from buying 4 cans of milk powder too...98rm a can compared to S$74 in Sg....

Post office service was quite fast and luckily I had enough cash cause they only accept cash...

Only thing is my kids complaining no wifi or mobile data available for them to play their hdphone games...Anyone knows where I can buy prepaid SIM cards with data in Tebrau for them ? If not available, older boy refuse to go again, ha ha...

I'm using Digi prepaid simcard and subscribe RM30 yearly basis. Just get reload coupon to topup, very easy and convenient. For Prepaid Mobile Internet Add-ons see the link.

http://new.digi.com.my/ecomm_C/services/default/Prepaid_Mobile_Internet_Add-ons

i 'm using this package Monthly RM20 / month 500MB Internet whihc is more than sufficient for my casual usage.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel has a new plan for Malaysia data roaming, pay 5sgd per month for 200MB or 10sgd for 1GB. After that it's 0.10 sgd per MB.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm using Digi prepaid simcard and subscribe RM30 yearly basis. Just get reload coupon to topup, very easy and convenient. For Prepaid Mobile Internet Add-ons see the link.

http://new.digi.com.my/ecomm_C/services/default/Prepaid_Mobile_Internet_Add-ons

i 'm using this package Monthly RM20 / month 500MB Internet whihc is more than sufficient for my casual usage.

Where do u buy yr prepaid sim card? My kids use a lot of data to play their wifi games, prob need to get 1GB at least...

wenjin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's because you did not enable your data roaming......
Digi has RM25 prepaid for 1G valid for 25 days, 1 month to top up.
Also monthly RM45 with 12 months contract for 2G data, 100 mins call n 100SMS. Maybe double, cannot recall.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read in the fuckwarezone forum that one can get Umobile Prepaid SIM card at 7 eleven stores in JB.....anyone tried that?
Or can go to Maxis stores in Citysquare to buy their card, is that right?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Umobile, you pay RM28 net, you get 250? or 500?MB for 30 days.
but pay RM38 nett, you get 1.5GB valid for also 30days

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where do u buy yr prepaid sim card? My kids use a lot of data to play their wifi games, prob need to get 1GB at least...

I bought it at Digi store in Aeon Bukit Indah. i think most Digi store have it. I prefer to pay 1 year Rm30 subscription as i don't need to top up every now and then to maintain the line. Even my balance is zero, I'm able to receive free incoming call.

I think the reload coupon/strip is very useful. i bought a few as backup and reload it subscribe all the services. I don't play games so not sure how much data is required and cannot suggest any internet package.

Something to note, the internet package subscription is automatically renew ( deduct from yr existing balance) once it has expired. It is better to unsubscribe first and resubscribe to the package to suit yr need.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
umobile have a new plan for Rm30 to get 1.5Gb and 30 mins outgoing calls. The Rm28 plan get 1Gb and 50 mins calls.

coincidentally, i did make a check yesterday

the rm18 plan revised up to rm20 data but 1Gb revised down to 250mb?

rm28 plan revised up to rm30, but data increased from 1Gb to 1.5Gb

all valid for 30days but need to pay rm8 for the simcard.

(refer to data part only.)

after expiry, given 2 months to top up.

do not know what the coverage is like????? suspect mainly for city and town users.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any feedback for the reception for U-Mobile at East Ledang/Puteri Harbour?

Using OpenSignal, I can see the average download speed for U-Mobile to be slower than Celcom/Maxis/Digi.