• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Buying JB or Overseas Properties with MOP not yet expired

There are all kinds of people in this world, while i am still inclined to believe in the goodness of people. Let us not try them on the limits of what one can do in a fit of jealousy.

I have a relative who directly said to me on CNY day many years ago: Why do you appear to be doing so well after such a few years after NS? You must be doing some shady deals if you refuse to join me in business. I wish you will never be rich or able to migrate so that i can always see my sister. He wanted to involve me in some businesses (weird schemes) where i come up with all the money (all the funds from me 100%, but he gets 51% share) and he call all the shots, in the end when i never joined him, said all these to me.

Using a company is one way but the amount one can loan from the banks is then very low (much lower then personal loans) and some banks may not loan unless they see substantial amounts in the asset/bank statement of the company. Some banks will also need the loan to be taken out in the directors name or at least to
have them as the guarantor. This differs from bank to bank.

overtherainbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Married couple looking to spend CNY arond Nusajaya/HH for 2 nights(Any house/Reso

Hi Manager, Im selling my Nusa Idaman 8B double storey house, pm me if you are interested.
Thanks.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
RE: fees etc for renting a house in Johor

For those currently renting, can anyone advise what are the fees in renting a house in Johor? It is currently listed with an agent. How much are agent fees, deposits, etc?

My last rental was years back up in Melaka and that was a direct lease from the landlord so the process was simple and transparent.

Many many thanks.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: fees etc for renting a house in Johor

For those currently renting, can anyone advise what are the fees in renting a house in Johor? It is currently listed with an agent. How much are agent fees, deposits, etc?

My last rental was years back up in Melaka and that was a direct lease from the landlord so the process was simple and transparent.

Many many thanks.

2 months rental deposit and between RM 1500 to 2000 for utilities deposit.
You may need to pay the stamp duty for the Tenancy Agreement.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

2 months rental deposit and between RM 1500 to 2000 for utilities deposit.
You may need to pay the stamp duty for the Tenancy Agreement.

What about agent fees? Was told by a friend that only landord pays agent. Is that the standard practice in Johor? He did mention the less honorable agents will attempt to ask the renter for commissions.

I apologize I am not familiar with the way things are done in Johor hence some many questions.

Regards.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

What about agent fees? Was told by a friend that only landord pays agent. Is that the standard practice in Johor? He did mention the less honorable agents will attempt to ask the renter for commissions.

I apologize I am not familiar with the way things are done in Johor hence some many questions.

Regards.

My tenants did not pay the agent.

Don't see why they should pay but would defer to the rest of the learned forum members on this. They may have more experience on this.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone with standard rental clauses in JB can PM me? In case I want to rent out my unit one day. Thanks.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

My tenants did not pay the agent.

Don't see why they should pay but would defer to the rest of the learned forum members on this. They may have more experience on this.

Thanks for the clarification. At least I don't go into it too clueless.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Regards.

Some discussion here

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...s-Anything-to-do-with-lawyers-and-banks/page6

Same agent should only collect from one party he/she represents.

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal

newbie here
my questions are :
1. which location is more family friendly ?
personally, i like wateredge residence - still awaitng for phase 3
any recommendation ??
2. what status will we be applying if we stay there ? for me , it will be in/out sg and jb while my in-laws and family will likely stay put
in jb (wife is a pr )
3. i do not own a car or bike, - is it conceivable to think of taking public transport in/out of jb daily ?

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal

i have always wanted to find out this answers:

why do people buy condos over terrace or semi-Ds in JB other than budget ?

how different is their landscape with sg markt ?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

i have always wanted to find out this answers:

why do people buy condos over terrace or semi-Ds in JB other than budget ?

how different is their landscape with sg markt ?

If people = Singaporeans or Singapore PRs, then it must due to the fact that we are flats/apartments dwellers. Many also have the notion that condominiums are safer.

If people = not Singaporeans, then there is a fair mix of preference for landed properties.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

newbie here
my questions are :
1. which location is more family friendly ?
personally, i like wateredge residence - still awaitng for phase 3
any recommendation ??
2. what status will we be applying if we stay there ? for me , it will be in/out sg and jb while my in-laws and family will likely stay put
in jb (wife is a pr )
3. i do not own a car or bike, - is it conceivable to think of taking public transport in/out of jb daily ?

1. Where is Wateredge residence? Personally, I prefer Bukit Indah and Puteri Harbour (if more amenities are available).
2. You can be stay in Malaysia for up to 30 days without the need for extension from the Immigration Department.
3. For example, CW3 brings you from Jurong East to Bukit Indah and CW6 from Boon Lay.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Senibong cove, wateredge residence is ph1 n 2.
2-3. Dun think got public transport from SC to jb town now. unless u call taxi.

byfaith

Alfrescian
Loyal

Puteri harbour was told is fully sold out

is there any bus from woodlands side ? I stay in the north . Imagine having to take public transport from north to west then to jb and back :smile:

do singaporeans buy mostly from marketing agents here or they travel to developers site and buy ?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Puteri harbour was told is fully sold out

is there any bus from woodlands side ? I stay in the north . Imagine having to take public transport from north to west then to jb and back :smile:

do singaporeans buy mostly from marketing agents here or they travel to developers site and buy ?

This is quite a good site for you to refer to if you are considering public transport to JB.

http://www.causewaylink.com.my/