• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home Fair 2013

Home Fair 2013 at Persada Johor from 6 to 8 Dec., 11 am to 9 pm.

HomeFair13.jpg

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Home Fair 2013

Can see here that many are willing to spend a fortune to install expensive water filter system in homes thinking its healthier.
Wonder if they are also doing the same in their Singapore home too when in actual fact, the quality in JB is similar to SG.
SG buys raw water from Johor, treats it and sells some back to JB so we are all using the same treated water.
Even if you really want to be cautious, just a small filter system at the kitchen sink for cooking and drinking would be sufficient, your laundry, toilet flushing, bathing, area cleaning can be just regular tap water.
And whether in an expensive restaurant or road side stall here, they all cook and wash with regular tap water so you are still exposed to the negativities of "unfiltered water" if you eat out a lot.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Home Fair 2013

Can see here that many are willing to spend a fortune to install expensive water filter system in homes thinking its healthier.
Wonder if they are also doing the same in their Singapore home too when in actual fact, the quality in JB is similar to SG.
SG buys raw water from Johor, treats it and sells some back to JB so we are all using the same treated water.
Even if you really want to be cautious, just a small filter system at the kitchen sink for cooking and drinking would be sufficient, your laundry, toilet flushing, bathing, area cleaning can be just regular tap water.
And whether in an expensive restaurant or road side stall here, they all cook and wash with regular tap water so you are still exposed to the negativities of "unfiltered water" if you eat out a lot.

Eat outside boh bian, but at home must eat and drink good, as my wifey like to say.:biggrin:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bro

I was told pearl grass needs to water daily too ! u have landscaper to receommend ?

Haha true sis they need watering but i cant afford to do that daily so my grass some more green than others.

As for landscaper i havent got to the level of trust to give my gate key for them to enter and exit my garden. DIY lah for now but not green fingers. Hahha bought fertilizer but lazy to spread it ard.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB water quality is different from SG. I can't stand e strong chlorine smell. Too much chlorine is bad for health.

hippoheyhey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone has experience in solving fridge/ washing machine cannot put onto the concrete step base because the fridge/wm concrete base contractor build too small ( Besides buying a smaller fridge/wm)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone has experience in solving fridge/ washing machine cannot put onto the concrete step base because the fridge/wm concrete base contractor build too small ( Besides buying a smaller fridge/wm)

Fridges and washing machines are already raised enough from the floor to allow floor washing etc and they all comes with adjustable legs for leveling, it is absolutely unnecessary to place them on another concrete platform.
Placing them on concrete platform and worse on 4 little block for concrete is so 1950.
You can just remove that undersize platform to fit any machine size or if you really insist, get the contractor to increase the base area to fit.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try asking the contractor to rectify, hack and build a bigger base, or if not, I suggest you do away with the base once and for all.
Next time when you change to a diff model of fridge or washing machine, you will not face similar problem again. At least if you hack it away now, they still can find the same colour floor tiles. Nice and neat... If the washing machine base is too small, sometimes the whole machine will fall off the base during spinning, and there you go, you need to buy a new one.

Artesan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can cut some plywood the size of your fridge or equipment footprint. Place this on the concrete slap then place your equipment on the plywood. You can consider using marine plywood to withstand the water n dampness that may corrode normal plywood. A friend has successfully use this method.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone bought kitchen/furnitures from Ikea (KL) and have them transported to JB with installation? If so, how is the installer's work quality?

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone bought kitchen/furnitures from Ikea (KL) and have them transported to JB with installation? If so, how is the installer's work quality?

I have just install kubiq kitchen cabinet,the workmanship is very good.You can try them.Transport cost and installation of ikea are not cheap

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need a recommendation for a good electrician. My electrics giving me problems.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have just install kubiq kitchen cabinet,the workmanship is very good.You can try them.Transport cost and installation of ikea are not cheap

There is a sales outlet at TESCO Bukit Indah. It closed a few months ago but it seems to be re-opening soon. I would like to install a kitchen cabinet early next year. How long is your kitchen and the cost, please?