• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
No problem lah.. I also want to learn.. Even though I bought because wife said the sales girl is cute and trying very hard, I didnt even know there is a Covan.. Only store I see if the Nesh.. How silly I am.. But as long as it make water better for drinking will be fine.. If the water is so good, I might as well store in mineral water and sell to golfers in HH to recover my cost...

Wa, sales girl very cute buy meh.. Or buy inorder to get your eyes off her! Kekeke

lattner

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some design advice on grills.

Hi All,

Need some advice on types of design or patterns of grills to install.

I have a ceiling to floor windows on my 2nd storey balcony.

I do not have any ideas on which grills are tough enough to withstand a break in, yet aesthetic to look at.

If you do have any photos or links to photos to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Need some design advice on grills.

Hi, I love ikea products and thinking of buy the whole kitchen set and transport to johor. Does anyone know a contractor who can assemble ikea kitchen set in johor? Thanks.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I love ikea products and thinking of buy the whole kitchen set and transport to johor. Does anyone know a contractor who can assemble ikea kitchen set in johor? Thanks.

Do agree Ikea has beautiful kitchen set, but not sure of the quality as Ikea gives me a feeling that their furnitures are made of chipboard which might not b suitable for landed n damp areas... That's my opinion only.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought a computer chair from Ikea. No matter how I tried, I could not get the back to be upright. Sitting on it is very uncomfortable. Furthermore, the skin started flaking off in less than six months. I share your concern about quality of Ikea's product.

On the other hand, I bought a roasting pan from Ikea and it is still usable after so many years.

Do agree Ikea has beautiful kitchen set, but not sure of the quality as Ikea gives me a feeling that their furnitures are made of chipboard which might not b suitable for landed n damp areas... That's my opinion only.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought a computer chair from Ikea. No matter how I tried, I could not get the back to be upright. Sitting on it is very uncomfortable. Furthermore, the skin started flaking off in less than six months. I share your concern about quality of Ikea's product.

On the other hand, I bought a roasting pan from Ikea and it is still usable after so many years.

The new kitchen set from Ikea looks quite good in terms of design. As for the quality, I have been using kitchen from Ikea since 2004. It also coming to 8 years now and overall still looking good, although the underneath of the top is coming off slightly. The new ikea kitchen set display 25 years guarantee. So my guess is the quality is better than the one I bought in 2004. The problem with buying from Ikea Sg is transportation. They don't deliver to Johor, so I will have to sort that out myself. Also, can't find any contractor who can assembly the Ikea kitchen. I may have to DIY....

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

The new kitchen set from Ikea looks quite good in terms of design. As for the quality, I have been using kitchen from Ikea since 2004. It also coming to 8 years now and overall still looking good, although the underneath of the top is coming off slightly. The new ikea kitchen set display 25 years guarantee. So my guess is the quality is better than the one I bought in 2004. The problem with buying from Ikea Sg is transportation. They don't deliver to Johor, so I will have to sort that out myself. Also, can't find any contractor who can assembly the Ikea kitchen. I may have to DIY....

Hi, it's good they 25 years, hope you get someone to install for you.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure, heard that there will be an ikea in JB soon, in Terbau city.

Need to confirm.

That was the initial plan. The last I heard was Ikea dropped the bomb and
will not open at teberau city in near future, even though they acquired the space some time back. Hmmm... I was soooo looking forward to it....(potong steam).

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but my grundfos water pump gasket is leaking and wondering if anyone knows where to get it repair as the agent for grundfos is in kl. Appreciate any advice as leaking is bad and bathroom ceiling is giving way, tia.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but my grundfos water pump gasket is leaking and wondering if anyone knows where to get it repair as the agent for grundfos is in kl. Appreciate any advice as leaking is bad and bathroom ceiling is giving way, tia.

Call Firdaus at 0167218186

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi All,

Need some advice on types of design or patterns of grills to install.

I have a ceiling to floor windows on my 2nd storey balcony.

I do not have any ideas on which grills are tough enough to withstand a break in, yet aesthetic to look at.

If you do have any photos or links to photos to share, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi lattner, I am also thinking of installing grilles for my windows. Check out these invisible grilles. looks cool but not sure how much they will cost and if they are available in johor.

1) http://www.legate.com.sg/
2) http://www.invisystech.com/

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi lattner, I am also thinking of installing grilles for my windows. Check out these invisible grilles. looks cool but not sure how much they will cost and if they are available in johor.

invisible grills r availabe in johor. Not sure if my supplier does jb but will check. There r pitfalls as well. I feel if the alarm systems break down. One can be screwed as well. Combination of wood plus iron will be cool. Or iron in wood.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal

invisible grills r availabe in johor. Not sure if my supplier does jb but will check. There r pitfalls as well. I feel if the alarm systems break down. One can be screwed as well. Combination of wood plus iron will be cool. Or iron in wood.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought Ikea open concept wardrobe for all my rooms and used my APV to transport it in myself. Was not taxed on these items but when I bring raw plywood, I was taxed 30 %.

Once I brought 4 old tyres with rims in my car and was told that it would be taxed, I turn back to Sg and dropped these at my company but just bring one tyre one at a time. I met the same officer when I returned and he was surprised to see me without the other tyres and he asked me what I did with the tyres. Very funny as I told him I throw them away. Haha.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

I bought Ikea open concept wardrobe for all my rooms and used my APV to transport it in myself. Was not taxed on these items but when I bring raw plywood, I was taxed 30 %.

Once I brought 4 old tyres with rims in my car and was told that it would be taxed, I turn back to Sg and dropped these at my company but just bring one tyre one at a time. I met the same officer when I returned and he was surprised to see me without the other tyres and he asked me what I did with the tyres. Very funny as I told him I throw them away. Haha.

I see. I am thinking to engage an importer to help transport a full ikea kitchen set to EL. Save all the hassle at the custom.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, how will the invisible grilles be affected if the alarm system breaks down?