• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi good people

want to improve the water flow/pressure at our new home at binapark. was given 2 options by the contractor.

1. to install pump
2. to do a pipe bypass to all the toilets.

anyone can advice me?

thnx

What Kind of water flow are you currently getting?

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi good people

want to improve the water flow/pressure at our new home at binapark. was given 2 options by the contractor.

1. to install pump
2. to do a pipe bypass to all the toilets.

anyone can advice me?

thnx

I suggest you do conventional pump feed on roof top tank. Direct feed is good but Malaysia water supply breakdown is a norm. Also, when you are doing direct feed, your tank should be disposed or bacteria growth or mosquito is a problem. Cheers

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest you do conventional pump feed on roof top tank. Direct feed is good but Malaysia water supply breakdown is a norm. Also, when you are doing direct feed, your tank should be disposed or bacteria growth or mosquito is a problem. Cheers

hi terencetan1981

thnx for the advice. will surely take note on dat.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your neighbours also getting such weak flow?

hi frodo

not sure abt the others. however y'day we did a trial of turnong on all the taps in the house at the same time after turning the main to the fullest. all taps were flowing very well except for the 3rd floor toilet.

will be talking to another plumber dat did a friend's house at setia tropika this weekend.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi frodo

not sure abt the others. however y'day we did a trial of turnong on all the taps in the house at the same time after turning the main to the fullest. all taps were flowing very well except for the 3rd floor toilet.

will be talking to another plumber dat did a friend's house at setia tropika this weekend.

I wonder if devices like these might help, low flow high pressure shower heads. Not sure if there are similar things for taps in bathrooms. If there are it may save you money and still get the pressure you want.

usopgrasio

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if devices like these might help, low flow high pressure shower heads. Not sure if there are similar things for taps in bathrooms. If there are it may save you money and still get the pressure you want.

thats interesting. well the idea is to save. where shud i find this high pressure shower head? any recommendation brudder frodo.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats interesting. well the idea is to save. where shud i find this high pressure shower head? any recommendation brudder frodo.

Honestly I don't know, because I was at the market I saw this person selling this type of shower head. And I also got a similar showerhead from Cosway. The water does feel stronger. I suspect they might have for taps too. Maybe can check with Balestier shops?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone revommend cheap and good and reliable contractor for installing iron grills on windows and sliding doors in JB?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer is giving a gas stove but I am contemplating buying an electric stove instead. Is it better to use gas or electric in JB? If electric, which brand or model is good? Cost of usage advice?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
The developer is giving a gas stove but I am contemplating buying an electric stove instead. Is it better to use gas or electric in JB? If electric, which brand or model is good? Cost of usage advice?

If you know the theory of cooking , buy electric induction stove. If you dont know much about cooking buy gas stove, anyway gas is cheaper.

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another thing to consider is there are occasional blackouts resulting in no electricity. But if u run out of gas, just call the same grocery store and they will send another gas tank to you. Or if u cool often, buy a backup gas tank.

macbookair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing to consider is there are occasional blackouts resulting in no electricity. But if u run out of gas, just call the same grocery store and they will send another gas tank to you. Or if u cool often, buy a backup gas tank.

Gateway just had a blackout again last night. Still able to cook if you had gas....guess it is good to have options

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know where to get Nippon paint with good price? What is the labour cost for painting double storey intermediate house?