• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Pacino

Bought corner lot with quite a handsome size of land. Intend to build external rumpus/poolhouse. Any advice on how to proceed? Permit; Design with structural advice; contractor; and of course the $$$��. Thanks in advance

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, can anyone advise how to source for part-time house cleaners?

thanks in advance.

Hello, there are agencies that offer these services and also private individuals who might drop leaflets into your letter box. But most wont want to travel too far. Which area are you in?There is an agency in Bukit Indah that I know of but they don't want to do areas that are too far off e.g East Ledang or JB.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, there are agencies that offer these services and also private individuals who might drop leaflets into your letter box. But most wont want to travel too far. Which area are you in?There is an agency in Bukit Indah that I know of but they don't want to do areas that are too far off e.g East Ledang or JB.

Me stay in Permas Jaya area. kekeke...a lot of Bukit Indah people in this thread hor...Legolad bro also suggested around Gelang Patah...

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good recommendation to where to buy cooker hob hood and oven. Also kitchen sink ? Bukit indah will be convenient. Thanks.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Saw advert in paper on a Sg reno company opening jb branch in adda heights area. SOL Venture & Interior SDN Berhad at 111-01, Jalan Adda 3/1 Adda Avenue, Taman Adda Heights. Been around since 1979 so i guess reliable enough. Their website is www.solreno.com.sg.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone had their gates/grilles fixed by starnox? was quoted close to rm20K for iron gates and grilles for 2storey terrace

The quotes can vary greatly depending on the material you have chosen. I have quotes for cluster house with from RM8,000 to RM12,000 using basic material. I have yet to verify if the RM8,000 quote is equitable to the other quotes which hover around RM12,000.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iron grills shd be abt $6k RM plus minus $1k RM.

Thanks AHGS14 and FHBH12, subsequently received a reduced quote from another vendor at RM8K+. Contractor mentioned that it excludes the main gate and auto gate swing arm. Basically just powder coat my exisiting gate.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me stay in Permas Jaya area. kekeke...a lot of Bukit Indah people in this thread hor...Legolad bro also suggested around Gelang Patah...

Am sure if you ask around or drive around you will see agencies that offer cleaning services near enough to your place. The BI agency doesn't do Zone A.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I am starting the reno work and some of the items I want to install (electrical good for instance) are not easy to find in Malaysia but I can find in Singapore.
If I have them delivered from the supplier to my new place in JB, what is the tax situation?

Thanks

PS - I know warranty goes out the window!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recommendations for cheap 2nd hand furniture & appliances? Planning to rent out a unit soon, once I get VP. Thanks!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any recommendations for cheap 2nd hand furniture & appliances? Planning to rent out a unit soon, once I get VP. Thanks!

Bro
Basic furniture and appliances are very cheap really. There are so many owners wanting to rent out. If i were the prospective tenant. The kind of furniture and appliance will be the clincher if everything is ceteris paribus. Just my two cents bro.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro
Basic furniture and appliances are very cheap really. There are so many owners wanting to rent out. If i were the prospective tenant. The kind of furniture and appliance will be the clincher if everything is ceteris paribus. Just my two cents bro.

Thanks Bro for your suggestion. The problem is that for a new unfurnished double storey terrace in JB, there's quite a lot to fit out, including appliances (4 aircon, fridge, washing machine), fans, lights, curtains, kitchen cabinets, and furniture for living & 4 bedrooms.

My general rule of thumb is not to spend > 2 mths rental for fitting-out. For SG condo, I spent ard 1 mth rental to fit-out an old unit for rental only. That's why I am considering 2nd hand furniture here......hehe.