• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
You've a big garden. Cool!.:smile:
thanks bro. Can play police & thief inside...
corner lot leh , garden was even bigger before he extended both storeys ..... most of the neighbours was talking abt his house reno ..... the most beautiful house in NI wor....
Crystal, thanks. It looks big and grand, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Hehe
wow..if i recall correctly hor(mem degraded), someone with Vxx wanted to sell 750k.. Can peek outside the fence + drooling or not....?
that was me; sold that house already. The buyers got a very good deal.
tat house was sold and the singaporean family has built a swimming pool ...... Vin's current house is bigger than that one .... his outside also very nice leh .....
I'll take some photos and post it this weekend.
Yup gate is heavy. Was told we need heavy duty autogate system to operate the gate. What kind of wood did they quote for RM40psf? I have no time to source elsewhere so most works I just asked my main contractor to settle. His men will do the decking and Woodwork.
My gate is 18ft; paid around 2.5k for a heavy duty autogate.
Nice garden! Can u share what kind of "grass" u are using in your garden?
the guy who did it for me called it carpet grass; paid RM3 Psf

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro. Can play police & thief inside...
Crystal, thanks. It looks big and grand, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Hehe
that was me; sold that house already. The buyers got a very good deal. I'll take some photos and post it this weekend.
My gate is 18ft; paid around 2.5k for a heavy duty autogate. the guy who did it for me called it carpet grass; paid RM3 Psf

Sounds expensive for 2.5k for autogate. Im checking with contractor on my gate too.

Have a look at my decking pics. the carpenters did a pattern at the corner, i think its really nice
And adds a classy touch to the decking. Same link again. http://sandyswee.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/pattern-decking/

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. Pretty nice design.
That's a good idea.
Looks like something to keep in mind when I get my contractor to start work.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds expensive for 2.5k for autogate. Im checking with contractor on my gate too. Have a look at my decking pics. the carpenters did a pattern at the corner, i think its really nice And adds a classy touch to the decking. Same link again. http://sandyswee.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/pattern-decking/
I bought the gate from Broad Coverage, same people who did my alarm and CCTV. It does seem expensive, but they told me it's from Italy or something, and installation was well done. I also purchased another autogate arm for my side gate at around 1.5k, excluding wiring which they did for me at RM650.

The decking looks nice. How many square feet are you doing? For ur pool, where r u locating your pump house? At the front or back of your garden?

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpgimage.jpg
I bought the gate from Broad Coverage, same people who did my alarm and CCTV. It does seem expensive, but they told me it's from Italy or something, and installation was well done. I also purchased another autogate arm for my side gate at around 1.5k, excluding wiring which they did for me at RM650.

The decking looks nice. How many square feet are you doing? For ur pool, where r u locating your pump house? At the front or back of your garden?

Not too sure, looks like about 800sq ft. The main entrance has wood decking too. In the picture is the walkway to enter living and the pool just in front of living. They have completed my tv cabinet and main door. I had the main door custom made so the glass is held by 2 vertical wood frames and the top and bottom, just frameless. Almost 10ft fronting with 2 sides fix and 2 main doors. Manage to upload pics. My tv cabinet customized to fit Bose cinemate system, just for the living room.image.jpg

Last edited:

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some more pics. The main door. image.jpg
My mirror wardrobe. image.jpg
Back of gate. image.jpg
The decking with pattern corner. image.jpg
Ceiling light boxes customized. image.jpg

Last edited:

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The decking pattern. image.jpg
The house. image.jpg
The side wall. image.jpg
The upper roof in natural nipah leaves with timber support. This serves as air well for the swimming pool as its covered. image.jpg
The front gate. image.jpg

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
My contractor's workers did all the jobs. Very little ID, just extension plans made by architect and we follow ideas from websites. Houzz.com is prettygood. The contractor run their own cabinet making factory and the rough woodwork done by his Indonesian workers, some sure seem like craftsmen.hehe.i like the way they carve out the wood end support. image.jpg.its definitely less headache to deal with one person to do all. Initially, my husband engage a wiring contractor, took 3k, did some shoddy works and never saw him after the 4th time. The air con contractor came, did the piping and wires, and supposed to install the ACs but said exclude installation, so he walks away with 5k. Worst 1 AC piping is defective. We finally decided just deal with one contractor to get the rest of the works done is the best. I now have have all compressors neatly hidden from sight and ACs running.

Last edited:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I am subscribing to houzz.com and there are good ideas there. Thanks for sharing. In terms of coordination, did you daily trip to JB to supervise and open and close the gates etc or you leave it all to your main con? and the Main con's forte is in timber work?

My house is not ready yet but good to know which contractors are good as they are hard to come by, esp in JB.

My contractor's workers did all the jobs. Very little ID, just extension plans made by architect and we follow ideas from websites. Houzz.com is prettygood. The contractor run their own cabinet making factory and the rough woodwork done by his Indonesian workers, some sure seem like craftsmen.hehe.i like the way they carve out the wood end support. View attachment 15317.its definitely less headache to deal with one person to do all. Initially, my husband engage a wiring contractor, took 3k, did some shoddy works and never saw him after the 4th time. The air con contractor came, did the piping and wires, and supposed to install the ACs but said exclude installation, so he walks away with 5k. Worst 1 AC piping is defective. We finally decided just deal with one contractor to get the rest of the works done is the best. I now have have all compressors neatly hidden from sight and ACs running.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balcony outside of multi media room, to view the pool. image.jpg
Stairs leading to roof top, my utilities room. Roof top planned for putting ground.image.jpg
Corridor entry to newly created rooms. image.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a waste just to stay for the weekends !

:p

Some people prefer to stay in a nicely decorated sanctuary during the weekend. If you have the money, why not? It is not very expensive to renovate in JB compare to SG. (Generally half the cost).

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a waste just to stay for the weekends !

:p
Bro, to each his own. Bro Swee ( if I get this right, roughly translated from Hokkien.... Means Pretty or Nice... Correct me if I am wrong..) is indulging himself, so where is the harm. His reno works is "nicely or beautifully" done and it gives him pleasure to spend weekends there. He might decide otherwise in the future circumstances permitting to move in permanently..... It is nice of him to share his vision with the rests of us. I hope you agree with me....