• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any 1 can advice me the water heater for a condo? I was advice by shop that to buy a instant water heater with pump coz the water pressurize may be weak.
So do I need to buy a pump water heater or not??? price seem to be very diff.

This condo is not for my own stay, for rental purpose.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, any 1 can advice me the water heater for a condo? I was advice by shop that to buy a instant water heater with pump coz the water pressurize may be weak.
So do I need to buy a pump water heater or not??? price seem to be very diff.

This condo is not for my own stay, for rental purpose.

Heaters with pump cost abt $500-600RM, while those without $250-300RM. I think condos shd not have pressure issue, unlike landed units.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heaters with pump cost abt $500-600RM, while those without $250-300RM. I think condos shd not have pressure issue, unlike landed units.

depend which condo and also which floor. higher floor i heard some condo have issue.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon Residence - lower floor. so do I need to have a heater with pump?

lower floor normally less problem with water pressure. esp new condo where all piping is brand new, likely no need.

why don't you check the water pressure at about 6-7pm in the evening on sunday (ie peak usage) then you'll know?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning Vincent, from the photo that you posted, the outlet valve could possibly be the pipe coming out of the bottom right of the photo with the red valve aprox 6" away from the water tank?? You want to take it easy when up there, it is going to be hot, and sweaty not to mention all the rubbish that the contractors did not clear away after they did their work. There could be small screws lying about that you might not be able to see, the bigger stuff like broken bricks and clumps of cement can be swept aside, but the small sharp objects you need to be careful. Take care OK.....
Hi Grago, the outlet valve shown in the photo is for the water going to the bathrooms. My right, my water pump should be installed at that section, which I can confirm once I climb up there.

Thanks for your concern. I will take special care when I'm up there; no intention of getting injured whatsoever. Maybe I'll bring up a few of my garden solar lights to light up the roof while I work. Maybe will do it this weekend.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi .I need to install a water pump for the toilets on 3rd floor only.2 toilets. What pump should i.be lookg at and other considerations to take. Thks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi .I need to install a water pump for the toilets on 3rd floor only.2 toilets. What pump should i.be lookg at and other considerations to take. Thks

I think the pumps are rated to how many outlets it can support simultaneously. I think it is better to get one that can support 4 in your case, so that you can have 1 for each toilet for four toilets. But please ensure your piping can take the pressure if not you have to upgrade them as well.

Keybell

Hey Guy,
I'm Singaporean who's doing renovation in Johor Bahur.
If you guy are looking for save contractor, please few free to contact me.

Name: Keith Kee
H/P: +6 010 983 0091

Thanks You.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone received calls from developer before to sign documents for utilities and given deadline by them? If i do not sign by the deadline given, where can i go to activate my utilities? Thank you in advance!

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sibuay sian.. now my turn to sign SAJ form. ( signed n emailed) :mad: Enjoying e wait..:p

Last edited:

hemohemo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to compile three lists from your postings, but find it really challenging to go through so many pages and posts. Will it be easier if we do self service instead? Such lists will be helpful to people looking to do up their new houses or home in JB / Iskandar - the alternative to SG!

List of reno good contractors
=====
- ABC, Ah Heng, 12345678; always on time

List of reno contractors to avoid
=====
- BAD co, Ah Kaw, 12345678; always late

List of reno items
=====
- installed water pump to increase pressure by ABC

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trying to compile three lists from your postings, but find it really challenging to go through so many pages and posts. Will it be easier if we do self service instead? Such lists will be helpful to people looking to do up their new houses or home in JB / Iskandar - the alternative to SG!

List of reno good contractors
=====
- ABC, Ah Heng, 12345678; always on time

List of reno contractors to avoid
=====
- BAD co, Ah Kaw, 12345678; always late

List of reno items
=====
- installed water pump to increase pressure by ABC

Good idea.

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
My brother has just completed his renovation for his house and I would like to recommend this responsible n reliable Id Company to all of you. Mr Chong Tze Ming is a very responsible and reliable person in charge of all reno work. very resonable price quote no hidden charges.
Just for sharing Mr Chong contact is 0167709199

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I need to buy E-goods soon.

Can anyone recommend good and trustworthy vendors selling fridge, washing machine, tv, etc, around Bukit Indah, Nusa Bestari, Perling areas?