• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just share, i bot e H2O water filter system (small torpedo type), they'll help me to conceal the pipe during the 1st installation. Subsequently, install the topedo, clean my water tank, and do bypass (at water tank) once i move in. Of coz, to install the water filter cannister(direct drinking from its tap).

Btw, the torpedo will auto clean by itself, every 12hrs (v impt). Damage 3k. One stone kills many birds..:p

Wow! 3K. Mine was quoted 2K. Was told need not purchase any additional water tank at kitchen cos water already filtered. If wish to drink just boil it.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! 3K. Mine was quoted 2K. Was told need not purchase any additional water tank at kitchen cos water already filtered. If wish to drink just boil it.

mine outdoor is membrane filtration process, indoor as well.
im sceptical about water from water tank as well..:p

Last edited:

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine outdoor is membrane filtration process, indoor as well.
you trust yr home water tank? :wink::p

I thought main water from SAJ would pass thru the outdoor water filter i stalled.. After which filtered clean water would reach the roof top water tank?

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya miss this !

any other exhibition coming soon?
collecting keys this month !

Hope you make it for this one. Just note the traffic closure on 5 Sept.
See post #749 http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?119632-All-about-cars-in-Malaysia&p=2278878#post2278878

HomeFair.jpg

Wallien

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: HomeFair 2015 Persada Johor

Hi just got an electrician to quote for wiring my house. Wvery connection output with wiring enbeded within wall with switch provided is rm50 . He say my whole house needed 65 of such light connection which works out to be rm3250.

Wallien

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi just got an electrician to quote for wiring my house. Every connection output with wiring embedded within wall with switch provided is rm50 . He say my whole house (2.5 storey Terrace) needed 65 of such light connection which works out to be rm3250. Is the cost reasonable. Can someone advise. Thanks

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
D
Hi just got an electrician to quote for wiring my house. Every connection output with wiring embedded within wall with switch provided is rm50 . He say my whole house (2.5 storey Terrace) needed 65 of such light connection which works out to be rm3250. Is the cost reasonable. Can someone advise. Thanks

Not giving you advice but just to share some experience. Mine charged RM45 per point, embedded also. But total less than 20. Same price for LAN points. But regretted not putting in more as insurance because when the furniture came in, I found that I needed more points. By then, walls already painted, so hacking was not an option. Ended up with a few trunking around the house.
Also, one good advice was to add spare wires inside the embedded trunking, in case of damaged wires later, or you need to pull new points, esp. LAN points.
With so many points, can bargain AFTER the entire bill is finalized. You can recommend new customers as an added incentive (bargain chip).
Hope this helps.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone fitted insect screens to their windows ? Can recommend an installer and advise approximately how much per sq ft for magnetic ones ? I suppose these are the best kind as they can be removed for cleaning easily.

I think I need to get this done soon for a few windows that are usually open - too used to Singapore's relatively mosquito free environment.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some opinions here - are hollow wall tiles in the bathroom a big issue and should I get the developer to rectify ? It looks like at least 50% of the tiles are hollow, and the site supervisor says it is a big job to fix - he told me that its ok to just leave it as it is and that even if the tiles fall off, I have the 2 year DLP to claim. I am not too convinced by that explanation.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some opinions here - are hollow wall tiles in the bathroom a big issue and should I get the developer to rectify ? It looks like at least 50% of the tiles are hollow, and the site supervisor says it is a big job to fix - he told me that its ok to just leave it as it is and that even if the tiles fall off, I have the 2 year DLP to claim. I am not too convinced by that explanation.

My advice is dont listen to the developer listen to your own opinion. If you not in a hurry to move in, rectify it once and for all (let met tell you it seems never ending). Can you imagine the dust and mess not mention the hassle of moving and covering your furniture and CLEANING!!! it will create and produce if you already moved in and you need to rectify?

The earlier you get it reported and documented the better.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
good morning guys! any contractor to recommend for glassdoors between kitchen and living room? also anyone engage reliable grasscutters to maintain their garden?

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, looking for plumber work for my new house at bukit indah.
please recommend me contacts of good plumber guy who can speak bit of english

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

" Big job to fix " = mean cost you a bomb if developer refused to do it later , they will find some lame excuse to push the blame on your contractors , and maybe the way you bath also !

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Get it fix NOW. Later you will get all kinds of excuses to not fix the problem for you. Best part is if you had some Reno done close to the tiles, it will be pointed out that the work affected the tiles!!! Go figure. Best get the developer to fix you problems before you start you Reno.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good advice from bros here. I have insisted that they re-tile the affected sections and they have started work. Luckily I managed to push back curtain installation - the dust generated by the hacking is unbelievable.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good advice from bros here. I have insisted that they re-tile the affected sections and they have started work. Luckily I managed to push back curtain installation - the dust generated by the hacking is unbelievable.

Dust now is better than dust later bro especially after you have moved in with furniture and all.
Practice patience cos what look like a 1 week job can extend to 1 mth cos you must remember yours may not be the only hse they need to rectify and the rectification is done by a sub-con. But if the sub con does d job well you can now have a contact to do small project work which do nt need to involve your reno contractor. Based on experience cos its a paid job by you the speed they complete the job is astounding haha.