• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all,

I have collected the keys to my little 1BR apartment in Medini and am thinking of what to do next. Not sure what my long term plans for this place are - probably I will just use it for an occasional getaway, so just intend to put in some basic renovations at this time. This is my 1st property outside Singapore so am definitely feeling a bit lost.

The developer has already thrown in some things like aircons, kitchen cabinets and water heater, so what I need are :

(1) electrician to install lights and fan (I also want to relocate the TV/ Data /power outlets to another wall if that is possible)

(2) carpentry work for bedroom wardrobe, maybe platform for bed and living room partition/divider (connected with the relocation of the power sockets)

(3) installation of metal grille at main door and yard.

As this project is relatively small, I am not sure if contractors would be interested to take on this job. I know there was good advice given through this thread about hiring separate contractors for each job, but I am not sure if this would make each job even smaller and harder to get people to quote for.

I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations on who I can call.

Thanks in advance.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all,

I have collected the keys to my little 1BR apartment in Medini and am thinking of what to do next. Not sure what my long term plans for this place are - probably I will just use it for an occasional getaway, so just intend to put in some basic renovations at this time. This is my 1st property outside Singapore so am definitely feeling a bit lost.

The developer has already thrown in some things like aircons, kitchen cabinets and water heater, so what I need are :

(1) electrician to install lights and fan (I also want to relocate the TV/ Data /power outlets to another wall if that is possible)

(2) carpentry work for bedroom wardrobe, maybe platform for bed and living room partition/divider (connected with the relocation of the power sockets)

(3) installation of metal grille at main door and yard.

As this project is relatively small, I am not sure if contractors would be interested to take on this job. I know there was good advice given through this thread about hiring separate contractors for each job, but I am not sure if this would make each job even smaller and harder to get people to quote for.

I would be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations on who I can call.

Thanks in advance.

Just to share.
1. Buy the lights & fan from a shop that can recommend an electrician. Usually need to pay the electrician separately. You can then discuss with the electrician separately what else you need done, such as power outlets.
2. Carpentry work best to visit furniture fairs / shops and see the workmanship for yourself before you discuss the work requirement. Usually they will be able to coordinate with your electrician or they can provide/recommend.
3. The electrician or carpentry contractor may be able to do or recommend a contractor for the grille installation. Else, visit a furniture fair to engage one.

No job is too small. However, you may have to put up with slow work or no shows on some days.
Just remember don't be too eager to pay until you are satisfied with the work.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share.
1. Buy the lights & fan from a shop that can recommend an electrician. Usually need to pay the electrician separately. You can then discuss with the electrician separately what else you need done, such as power outlets.
2. Carpentry work best to visit furniture fairs / shops and see the workmanship for yourself before you discuss the work requirement. Usually they will be able to coordinate with your electrician or they can provide/recommend.
3. The electrician or carpentry contractor may be able to do or recommend a contractor for the grille installation. Else, visit a furniture fair to engage one.

No job is too small. However, you may have to put up with slow work or no shows on some days.
Just remember don't be too eager to pay until you are satisfied with the work.

Thanks for the advice. Guess it is going to be a lot harder to do renovations especially when I can only go over on occasional weekends.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the advice. Guess it is going to be a lot harder to do renovations especially when I can only go over on occasional weekends.

I arranged with the MC office admin staff to keep one set of my house keys and have the contractor contact her when they arrived. They return the keys to her at the end of the day. Before contractor arrive, I give her a call to notify her. Of course, some kopi money or gift for her help. During reno, no valuables in the house.

After all reno done, change locks.

Just sharing my experience.

smallestdog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I arranged with the MC office admin staff to keep one set of my house keys and have the contractor contact her when they arrived. They return the keys to her at the end of the day. Before contractor arrive, I give her a call to notify her. Of course, some kopi money or gift for her help. During reno, no valuables in the house.

After all reno done, change locks.

Just sharing my experience.

Thats a good idea. Thanks !

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote Originally Posted by Tekkun View Post
WARNING:

Asusguy (Moderator) , Relaxman, Highflyer, ZigZag, CS Long is the same person.
He talk to himself to create a false sense of activity in this forum. He ask questions using one nick and answers using another nick.
He is extremely anti Setia projects and will stop at nothing against them.
As moderator, he would delete any post that he does not like at his whims and fancies.
No wonder he had conveniently deleted posts by bros who were trying to educate him or stating facts about his favoured projects. This is a bloody scammed forum, first of its kind. Now, everyone can see why cslong and his clones are still around despite all his nonsense spewed. Hahaha cheers
Edit / Delete

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just share, i bot e H2O water filter system (small torpedo type), they'll help me to conceal the pipe during the 1st installation. Subsequently, install the topedo, clean my water tank, and do bypass (at water tank) once i move in. Of coz, to install the water filter cannister(direct drinking from its tap).

Btw, the torpedo will auto clean by itself, every 12hrs (v impt). Damage 3k. One stone kills many birds..:p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! He almost charges me double. But was told it is stainless steel (that why higher end) that come with 5 layers of filtering plus free instalation and life time waranty.

Stainless steel body is possibly $200 more or net $1.2k. $2k is way too expensive.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just share, i bot e H2O water filter system (small torpedo type), they'll help me to conceal the pipe during the 1st installation. Subsequently, install the topedo, clean my water tank, and do bypass (at water tank) once i move in. Of coz, to install the water filter cannister(direct drinking from its tap).

Btw, the torpedo will auto clean by itself, every 12hrs (v impt). Damage 3k. One stone kills many birds..:p

Can share a link where to buy?