Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Renovation to your homes

My Reputation Points: 15 / Power: 0

Default Renovation to your homes

Hey All you JB home owners!

Regardless of whether you purchased HH, Setia Tropika, East Ledang, etc etc, I believe you all had to do up the renovations before moving in right? Some questions re this:

1) Who did you engage?
    2) How much was it?
    3) Any problems?
    4) Things to note?
    5) Any inputs?

Do advise. Much appreciated!

My Reputation Points: 9 / Power: 0

Default Re: Renovation to your homes

yeap, let me know if u got any...
    my hse going to do reno as well in 1.5yrs time...

My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Andhika View Post
    Hey All you JB home owners!

Regardless of whether you purchased HH, Setia Tropika, East Ledang, etc etc, I believe you all had to do up the renovations before moving in right? Some questions re this:

1) Who did you engage? - Someone that was neither from the developer nor from the agent
    2) How much was it? - Averages 60k to 200k depending on the purpose, own stay or for rental
    3) Any problems? - Yes some tenants may delay payment sometimes and smoke in the aircon plus dirty the place - Nothing that a tin of paint and aircon maintenance won't fix
    4) Things to note? - Always check the manhole first (for landed) before starting reno, if you have time, always wait for defects to be all fixed up BEFORE starting renovation. Always ask them to seal any gaps twice especially for pagoda/awnings as they will tend to leak after a while. Fix the heavy stuff like aircon and additional wiring/power points first and then do the rest of the stuff like grilles, etc. Leave curtains and other fragile items like furniture to the last.
    5) Any inputs? - Parquet flooring - Sure gone with any extensive renovation unless your guy is good enough to put cardboad or protective covering on the stairs, etc.
    Do advise. Much appreciated!
    Inputs on top.
    Last edited by wuqi256; 19-03-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Hmm. Reopening

My Reputation Points: 71 / Power: 6

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Inputs on top.
    Hi wuqi, why check man hole first? Is it some developer typical defect?

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Hi wuqi, why check man hole first? Is it some developer typical defect?
    Just in case developer contractors(orginal builders/defect rectification guys, threw rubbish and concrete down there rather then carting it away.
    Most developers will disavow any flooding or choke issues once you start renovation so checking this is essential for everyone. If manhole is found
    to be severely choked, then it is developer contractors issues and their responsibility to clear it.

For my case, my contractor found that there is no pipe leading from the house to the manhole.. I thought that is common issues here.. what cannot see will be treated as ok..

Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Just in case developer contractors(orginal builders/defect rectification guys, threw rubbish and concrete down there rather then carting it away.
    Most developers will disavow any flooding or choke issues once you start renovation so checking this is essential for everyone. If manhole is found
    to be severely choked, then it is developer contractors issues and their responsibility to clear it.

My Reputation Points: 398 / Power: 6

For my case, my contractor found that there is no pipe leading from the house to the manhole.. I thought that is common issues here.. what cannot see will be treated as ok..
    Bro, you're at HH The Hills right, when doing VP, this would not have been detected, so did HH Township rectify the problem.

My Reputation Points: 14 / Power: 0

Bro arsenal,

So, where does your waste flow to then?

This manhole thing reminded me of something very funny.

Many years ago, my friend's parents bought a house in KL in this Golf and Country Club called Sungei Long. Houses there were very nice. The only major problem with some of the houses was that the manhole was smacked right inside the guest room.

Quote Originally Posted by CameraMan View Post
    This manhole thing reminded me of something very funny.

Many years ago, my friend's parents bought a house in KL in this Golf and Country Club called Sungei Long. Houses there were very nice. The only major problem with some of the houses was that the manhole was smacked right inside the guest room.
    Bro CameraMan, that's a good one, I bet you're friends parents had a hard time trying to convince the developer that there was something wrong.......
    Last edited by Grago; 03-04-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Sorry laughing do hard that typo error!!!

The developer responded by saying that the manhole is actually a panic room in disguise. They can squeeze into it during events of illegal intrusion. Just kidding.

Fortunately for my friend, the manhole of his house is located at its rightful place.

The developer responded by saying that the manhole is actually a panic room in disguise. They can squeeze into it during events of illegal intrusion. Just kidding.

Fortunately for my friend, the manhole of his house is located at its rightful place.
    Bro you are killing me......!!!

HH after their investigation, said they need to find some contractors working on new development to give face and help... Because the contractor is doing HH a favour, when to do it is up to them.. HH will react only when my temperature to raise... While waiting for their favour, I have asked my contractor to settle.. I felt the HH service standard suck... That is why UEM is not in the list of top 10 developers in malaysia..

Quote Originally Posted by Grago View Post
    Bro, you're at HH The Hills right, when doing VP, this would not have been detected, so did HH Township rectify the problem.

I climb down into the manhole to do my business.. Kidding..

Bro arsenal,

So, where does your waste flow to then?

My Reputation Points: 15 / Power: 0

Do u all actually engage a single ID or different contractors? I am doing basic reno like air con / lightings / built in cabinets for kitchen and wardrobe for master. I do have intention to lay artificial grass but not sure if should do it one shot or to another time.

Any of u have any reliable contractors / IDs to recommend?

Actually that is really bad if true, so far only case i have heard as though i had initial 1-2 cases of flooding, it wasn't as bad. Contractor told me to just tell them this, please check, your tape inside is still there and blocking the pipes. They had to clear it.

HH after their investigation, said they need to find some contractors working on new development to give face and help... Because the contractor is doing HH a favour, when to do it is up to them.. HH will react only when my temperature to raise... While waiting for their favour, I have asked my contractor to settle.. I felt the HH service standard suck... That is why UEM is not in the list of top 10 developers in malaysia..
    Agree, especially with the older unsold units where they don't really have the 2 year coverage anymore. The other way out is to ask contractors to absorb the cost, since its almost always part of their cost factoring when quoting you, for most minor issues they won't mind doing.

Bro I understood is as Gamuda is the builder/developer of HH, and UEM owned the land that HH is built on. It's a JV development by both these companies. Correct me if I misunderstood. UEM is developing, EL, LH, Imperia Puteri Harbour and I believe JV of Medini.

I think you are right. These 2 companies buddy buddy so I thought Gamuda own the land and UEM is the developer. HH is indeed developed by Gamuda..

Quote Originally Posted by Grago View Post
    Bro I understood is as Gamuda is the builder/developer of HH, and UEM owned the land that HH is built on. It's a JV development by both these companies. Correct me if I misunderstood. UEM is developing, EL, LH, Imperia Puteri Harbour and I believe JV of Medini.

Thread Information