• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone have recommendation for artificial grass installer?

I want to put artificial grass on my slope. I have tried to do weeding myself for past 1yr whenever I can but I think i surrender especially on the slope part of my garden. hahah.

Googled it and found Inspiregrass which has office in Setia Tropika. Not sure anyone have used this company before

From my experimentation on my little garden: when my cow grasses are growing healthily with some fertilisers, the weeds have harder time to grow. I will continue with some weeding, watering and more soil+fertilisers to confirm this over the next few weeks. So you may wish to explore this rather than using artificial grasses which are plastic material that is hotter and less pleasant to look at.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experimentation on my little garden: when my cow grasses are growing healthily with some fertilisers, the weeds have harder time to grow. I will continue with some weeding, watering and more soil+fertilisers to confirm this over the next few weeks. So you may wish to explore this rather than using artificial grasses which are plastic material that is hotter and less pleasant to look at.

The artificial grass is plastic and probably hotter. They are lasting beauty in looks, and most of all it's maintenance free, the reason I replace my "real" lawn with it. I have it installed in my SG home, and after 4 years, it maintains its beautiful outlook. I was told there are differing quality. I have therefore avoided China made and continue to choose the European made Inspire Grass for my JB home as the company that did my SG home does not have business in JB.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The artificial grass is plastic and probably hotter. They are lasting beauty in looks, and most of all it's maintenance free, the reason I replace my "real" lawn with it. I have it installed in my SG home, and after 4 years, it maintains its beautiful outlook. I was told there are differing quality. I have therefore avoided China made and continue to choose the European made Inspire Grass for my JB home as the company that did my SG home does not have business in JB.

I prefer my natural grass. It gives me joy to see little insects crawling in it and colorful butterflies and dragonflies flying around.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I prefer my natural grass. It gives me joy to see little insects crawling in it and colorful butterflies and dragonflies flying around.

Prob is I use it for weekends most of the time hence maintaining the huge plot of my garden is a prob. I dont intend to put all artificial grass except only my steep slope which is abt 3/4 the size of badminton court. Yes I agree natural is better thats why I dont intend to put all artificial. Its the slope that is killing me hahaha.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the inspiregrass website it looks good and from the gallery of their completed projects the garden looks pristine. But i intend to do my slope onlylah and also my extended balcony area which is currently concrete floor only. Do u happen to have the contact of the person who does measurement at ur plce?

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the inspiregrass website it looks good and from the gallery of their completed projects the garden looks pristine. But i intend to do my slope onlylah and also my extended balcony area which is currently concrete floor only. Do u happen to have the contact of the person who does measurement at ur plce?

Sorry, I got it mixed up. The company I am liaising with installs Royal (not Inspire) grass. Their representative also stays in Setia Tropika. You can visit their web site http://www.ecooutdoor.com.my. If you are interested, I can pass you the contact of their rep.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. Need some feedback on the payment terms for the contractors. Is 40% on work commence normal ? I wonder if just hacking of 1 door consider start the I have to pay 40% and no progress after that. Initially when I asked it was progressive but now it is written in to the quote as 40% on start.
I read a thread where a deposit of 15% paid and then nothing.
Thanks for any feedback.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. Need some feedback on the payment terms for the contractors. Is 40% on work commence normal ? I wonder if just hacking of 1 door consider start the I have to pay 40% and no progress after that. Initially when I asked it was progressive but now it is written in to the quote as 40% on start.
I read a thread where a deposit of 15% paid and then nothing.
Thanks for any feedback.

From my experience , it differs from contractor to contractor and also depends on the type of job.E.g for carpentry they usually require higher deposit earlier as the cabinetry is custom made. It also depends on yoru relationship with the contractor concerned. In a few cases, when they have done work fro us before, they didnt even collect any initial deposit but just went ahead to start the job.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience , it differs from contractor to contractor and also depends on the type of job.E.g for carpentry they usually require higher deposit earlier as the cabinetry is custom made. It also depends on yoru relationship with the contractor concerned. In a few cases, when they have done work fro us before, they didnt even collect any initial deposit but just went ahead to start the job.

Thank you for the information.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
need more contractor recommendations. apparently the first two I contacted was not keen in my reno. kindly pm me their contact. simple reno only kitchen cabinet, stainless steel gates/window grilles,auto gates and landscaping. thanks!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do keep a lookout for the next furniture fair at Persada 7-9 Nov if u looking around for furniture, electrical stuffs and home decor

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, can anyone advise how to source for part-time house cleaners?

thanks in advance.

Try this. Banner at Gelang Patah.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 578