• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

neilgoose

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just heard abt this SPH. If I am keen to buy a unit, how do I proceed? Anyone can gimme a sales agent contact details?

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kengheng, just curious why do UEM owe rent to government? No money ?

don't know leh, have been chasing them for the past 2 months,but find out they still not yet pay the quit rent.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
some fs master said nusajaya will boom after 2023..
this is very similar to shen zhen.. they are exploding now.. even though prices has been rising non stop since 2000..

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

1.Is Encorp Marina units still available? If yes, which type and how much?

2. How much must I pay up front etc?

3. What is the potential rental and type of potential tenants? Able to rent out if needed?

4. One of my family members is driving my vehicle. So I would like to know if there are any public transportation from Encorp Marina back to Tuas 2nd Link. And journey time? Pls share with me any info on these 4 points.

TQ.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

1.Is Encorp Marina units still available? If yes, which type and how much?

2. How much must I pay up front etc?

3. What is the potential rental and type of potential tenants? Able to rent out if needed?

4. One of my family members is driving my vehicle. So I would like to know if there are any public transportation from Encorp Marina back to Tuas 2nd Link. And journey time? Pls share with me any info on these 4 points.

TQ.

Welcome to the forum. Here are the answers:

1. Here is the link to one of the agent's online ad. Best if you call them as they will be able to give you the latest availability. I have no vested interest but the guy seemed to be quite ok when I spoke with him.

http://www.simonyeo.com/encorp-marina-puteri-harbour-nusajaya-malaysia-iskandar

2. Usually 10 percent on signing of S and P agreement and balance based on construction milestone. Typically, if you are a Singaporean, you can get upto 85% financing from banks. You have to pay a RM 11.5k approx for state consent, which i belive Encorp was absorbing. Best is call the agent for the latest promotions etc.

3. This is anybody's guess. While the upcoming CIQ and developments like Pinewood Iskandar may provide with potential tenants, always keep in mind that there is a healthy supply in the pipeline as well around the area - Imperia, Somerset, CS2, One Medini, Impiana, Ujana and the list goes on.

4. I don't remember seeing any public transport at Puteri Harbour. But you can call a taxi and they will drop you to Bukit Indah or Gelang Patah bus stop. You can take causeway link from there. Or, you can ask the Encorp agent to arrange for a site visit.

Hope this helps. Good luck. Just to let you know, in case you are interested in Puteri Harbour, UEM/Sunrise is planning to launch a mixed development at Puteri Harbour around September. I heard that the launch price will be around 650-700 psf which sounds very reasonable. You may also want to keep that in mind. Please don't hold my foot to the fire though. This information is just based on what the UEM sales told me verbally. Who knows what the actual launch price will be given the current situation.

Cheers,
IR

Last edited:

peaceful

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are sharp. Sorry its a typo error. Its #13-02, as #13-03 was 2504 sq ft and sold long ago.
Though there is no marina view, is it a good buy at 760 psf? Believe it is, compared to Encorp and Somerset in terms of psf.
Hope to get some reassurances from this community. Thank you.

This is the first time I m investing in Malaysia , I most thankful to all
the contributors in this forum cos I hv learnt so much here.
Its a risk investing in PH but a calculative risk which I m willing to bear any
loses if it any in future. I am just a homemaker not much knowledge in investment
But I believe if traders hotel, hello kitty land and legoland committed
So much money here also Thomson medical investment and most importantly both
Governments, they would want the project to succeed!
But my hubby gave me so much stress, just bcos twin galaxy sales personnel said that nurasaja is a very quiet, no investment value!
If only I hv income... Maybe I will not let him know I bought this property. Too bad need
His name to take up a loan.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as they are easily accessible by the 1st and 2nd links, properties in JB won't be too wrong. Either side is okay.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I'm going to combine all my comments based on all your comments here today.

I have a KSL City Unit just above CIQ. Since Malaysia has now increased/is going to increase min. purchase price to 800K/1 mill, it is leaving me 'a bit' in the panic mode. Coz I would like to have 2 Malaysian properties for rental income. Sg properties are solid in terms of safety, workmanship, admin procedures, rental income, accessibility but VERY DAM EXPENSIVE!

My preference would be a 2nd unit at Tuas 2nd link area, forming a twin pincer approach from the north back to Singapore. That means I have flexibility from my KSL City unit at CIQ area, and possible 2nd unit from Tuas 2nd link.

But from what I see, Zone A JB City Centre (Eg. Twin Galaxy, KSL City, Setia Sky 88, Paragon Residences etc etc) seems more promising RELATIVELY (RELATIVELY meaning Nurasaja shouldn't be bad at all but JB City Centre i think is equivalent of SG central region).

My own opinion is in approximately 5-10 years time many developments including roads and highways, more amenities, schools, hospitals, theme parks, condos, landed, commercial etc will have smoothened out the seemingly imbalanced view that JB city centre is superior to Nurasaja. By 2025, JB will have a population of 3 million, that is 13 years from now. 3 million will be another milestone for further progress.

Encorp Marina psf seems to be on the very high side roughly MYR900 psf. I'm concerned if I plough so much psf, what will i get?...But being near to sea is fantastic and historically sea based condos (eg SG, AUS, England) fetch a high price I believe?

A forummer mentioned UEM/Sunrise is planning to launch a mixed development at Puteri Harbour around September. I heard that the launch price will be around 650-700 psf which sounds very reasonable.
This looks much more reasonable and a mixed development meaning it will be on top of a mall or something like KSL City or Twin Galaxy?
I may go down tomorrow for Twin Galaxy launch to take a peek...

It's tiring (very) for me to do a 'second round' of research but its a necessity...

I'm not sure what to ask now as my head is spinning lol...

If puteri harbor condo goes for less than 800 psf, then it would be tempting for me to get one as I already have KSL City Unit from the CIQ JB North.

Maps are deceptive. Is puteri harbor nearer to Tuas 2nd link or JB CIQ?

Assuming I go to western Singapore to work daily (I'm singaporean), I will have to
1) call a taxi at puteri harbor (Puteri to Bukit Indah)
2) Take CW link back to SG (Bukit Indah to SG)
3) MRT/ feeder bus to work

at least 3 changes....
That doesn't sound very feasible, or will it work out?

And then I posted in another thread about the possibility of Nusa Duta landed, but one forummer say from bus stop to Nusa duta, safety may be a concern due to walking distance, so also not feasible?

If I buy another unit at CIQ eg Twin Galaxy or whatever, won't I be repeating as if I buying another KSL city unit?...

Seems like logistics is a major problem when buying JB condo/landed, at least for me..

The 2nd unit that I'm buying ideally should have capital appreciation (not too worried cos a good development will appreciate upon TOP and more in 5 years), rental potential (MORE WORRIED here) and livable as a 2nd home if I choose to do so...

Expert comments and opinions are welcome..

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRock & thanks for sharing the info. Do I pay the state consent with my 10% payment when I sign my S&P? Or do I pay after the lawyer get approval? I think I might use HSBC recommended by UEM. 4.2% and is so convenient, the banker can come over to Sing. I am thinking of asking the lawyer to come over to sing to sign S&P too.

Hi Kengheng, just curious why do UEM owe rent to government? No money ?
Btw been to encorp marina sales exhib yesterday, the one bedroom units are almost all sold. For a #20+ storey 978ft , marina view unit , selling at M$1.1m. The TOP is dec 2015. A year after imperia.

...you better be sure the lawyer bring your files when he comes....mine left the files in JB despite reminders through email and phone call to his secretary.....never seen such incompetent lawyer before!!!!

...anyway the lawyer sent the file to me this morning to complete the S&P.....now need to settle bank loan, the paperworks is even more tedious as I was told.....

Last edited:

peaceful

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi anyone has a gd lawyer to recommend for bank loan or should I use the developer lawyer whom help me with S&P. I can further get 40% discount from them ?

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work on CIQ at Puteri Harbour was at full swing, when we were there this morning. I was told at the clubhouse that they were still targeting year end to ferry in visitors to Legoland and Indoor Theme Park. Here are some pics:

CIQ 1.JPGCIQ 2.JPGCIQ 3.JPG

Traders Hotel is also targeted to be completed by year end:

Traders Front 2.JPGTraders Front.JPG

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi AllUCan:

Yes, looked like the foundation is complete and the basic framework structure is up to 2nd floor. Somerset seems to be coming up much faster that other projects, such as Imperia.

Here are a couple of pictures of Somerset. If you look closely, you should be able to see the framework:

Somerset Foundation with Kota Backdrop.JPG

Somerset Puteri.JPG

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard today that Frasers is the next brand confirmed at Puteri Harbour. The are coming up with a Hotel with Tiong Nam next to the private marina.

SPH07

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard today that Frasers is the next brand confirmed at Puteri Harbour. The are coming up with a Hotel with Tiong Nam next to the private marina.

Hi IR,
Thanks for sharing the recent pictures. It seems like the facade of both Traders Hotel and Somerset Puteri Harbour will look similar in some ways =)
From the Shangri-La website, they announced that they will open Traders in 2012...

Do you know if the Frasers Hotel at Tiong Nam land is also selling units to individual buyers?

Cheers

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi SPH - based on pictures, I thought Somerset looks muck nicer.

It sounds like Frasers will be run more like a hotel. They will not be selling any units. I will post once I hear more.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Updates on Imperia, for those who have booked:

- They have sorted whatever issues they had. My lawyer has already filed for the state consent. Suggest you chase your lawyers in case they have not filed.

- Foundation is complete. Sorry, could not upload the pictured as I had some problems with the format. They will most likely be billing for the next 10% September end or October.

Cheers,
IR