• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Puteri Harbour is really getting interesting....I am luving it.

Skydinner1.jpg
skydinner2.jpg
skydinner3.jpg
skydinner4.jpg

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Double thumbs up. Johor could sneak up on Singapore in more ways then Singaporeans are aware of.
Hopefully the Singapore govt won't be caught napping

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Double thumbs up. Johor could sneak up on Singapore in more ways then Singaporeans are aware of.
Hopefully the Singapore govt won't be caught napping

They ( Sg govt ) are very complacent. Grossly overpaid for sure. Have you guys read today news? A man was charged with rape though extortion of a 14 or 16 year old girl in public and broad daylight ( no not the near Lee Kuan Yew house that case ) again!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property market, like stock market, is not rational. Once the timing is right, the bull or bear run is unstoppable. Ph and medini have all the right ingredients slowly cooking, the bull run will come if no catastrophic event happens. in the mean time, just enjoy your superb view from your balcony and sip a latte.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property market, like stock market, is not rational. Once the timing is right, the bull or bear run is unstoppable. Ph and medini have all the right ingredients slowly cooking, the bull run will come if no catastrophic event happens. in the mean time, just enjoy your superb view from your balcony and sip a latte.

PH is quite "niche" and is good for those who can afford to splurge without needing the money for some time. Medini I'm not sure. As far as the present condo developments are concerned, I foresee a very long gestation or holding period...in the region of 15-20 years. That's a very long time of uncertainty.

Although stocks (and properties) may be irrational, that is not to say we just anyhow plunge our money down now blindfolded, and in 20 years' time, wake up to see the values all increased. If it is so easy to play stocks that way, everyone will just buy any stocks today regardless of their prices!

The catch is that we may have better investments along the way that could gain us wealth much quicker. Or some may need the money for other unforeseen purposes. If the money is locked up in a bad investment or one in which you can't liquidate your cash so easily (eg Iskandar), you will lose the opportunity to participate in those better investments.

That's how I feel it is with investing in Iskandar. Especially in Medini where the prices were already jacked up by developers at the point of purchase. There is lesser room for the prices to wriggle upwards for some time. Buyers must be cautious and use money they are dead sure not to touch for a long time and are willing to accept possible losses along the way. Exit strategy is very uncertain or tough.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares whether the price up or down? People give you superb living by the seaside with panoramic sea and coastal view all the way into Changi Airport .. we cant complain at all. Try buying one in Sentosa Cove.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares whether the price up or down? People give you superb living by the seaside with panoramic sea and coastal view all the way into Changi Airport .. we cant complain at all. Try buying one in Sentosa Cove.

15 years down the road, I already 3/4 konked. Who bothers it go up or down? Enjoy your life first.
Kids? As long as we leave them a little, that will do. Leaving too much to them will pamper and destroy them.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
15 years down the road, I already 3/4 konked. Who bothers it go up or down? Enjoy your life first.
Kids? As long as we leave them a little, that will do. Leaving too much to them will pamper and destroy them.

In Singapore, if you do not leave enough for your kids, they will be crushed by the system. So it is not a matter of pampering but survival, also in Sinkie land, enough is never enough.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, if you do not leave enough for your kids, they will be crushed by the system. So it is not a matter of pampering but survival, also in Sinkie land, enough is never enough.

In my view, other than those who were born into rich families or who were fortunate to have struck gold through luck/labour, most of us would not be able to leave enough for our children in Singapore.…some might say that we voted for the system that enslaves us and that will eventually crush us...stockholm syndrome right?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, other than those who were born into rich families or who were fortunate to have struck gold through luck/labour, most of us would not be able to leave enough for our children in Singapore.…some might say that we voted for the system that enslaves us and that will eventually crush us...stockholm syndrome right?

Your children at least have a head start. Many, many do not.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not that bad leh.... There are a lot of factors to consider. The situation is not so bleak. Planning well in advance and seizing opportunities at the right time is important. There are always pockets of such opportunities.

SG has opportunities for investment. It's very conducive to make money if we know how to. That's why we need to innovate and keep up to date. If not, why would multi millionaires or even billionaires want to settle here? We can throw a few names already.

As for commoners, you must bring up your children well. They do well in their studies, naturally good jobs will await them. And they can do well.

For parents, no matter how poor, they will have CPF money and at least a HDB flat to pass down when they leave the world. That is quite substantial already.

For those savvy ones who plan well ahead, they probably got several other investments to also pass down.

The problem is with those Singaporeans who don't do anything, don't want to learn new things, don't want to keep up to date with the latest, don't want to plan ahead, then when the cost of living goes up, they complain mother father "Wah lao, why everything in Singapore so expensive? Can only go to Iskandar to buy my property." (No intention of insult or anything... just citing as an example.)

But this is where the irony lies.

When Singapore becomes more and more expensive, your investments also go up in value. How do you think one can rent out his HDB flat and get good rental income? Or when you sell your flat, how do you think you can make good profits?

If you don't plan, don't want to seek opportunities to make money when they come, it is pointless to complain or paint a bleak picture that Singapore is dying or is a gonner. If you mix around with the rich people in SG, you will realize how much confidence and how much prospect it has with the large business corporations.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your children at least have a head start. Many, many do not.

My belief is give them a good university education. I don't even give my son downpayment for his first car. He use those scholarship money he earned. Today he work for a Fortune 100 company and pay his mother monthly allowances. Same goes for my second son, though he does not earn as much. But at least he does not need money from me. If they need downpayment for a house, I will contribute but no way I will buy for them. When I am dead, then it is a different story.

I once told my son. Go out there and work for others. If you start to work for me immediately after university, you will be pampered and you won't learn anything. Damn...after a while, they do not want to work for me anymore.

I think children need to come out of their safety shell and explore on their own. Headstart as in education yes but no no if it is free money.