• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, He is a businessman himself and He is pretty smart. What He did was to sell the sea to the Chinese developers, thus not really losing much of the original Johor landmass. They will have to reclaim and build at their own expenses. That is why the prices at Princess Cove, Country Garden, Greenland and Forest City won't be cheap because of this additional reclamation cost to be factored in.

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clusters and semis are two different items.

Ha Ha, sure or not? During 2008/09, I was quoted about RM500k only for new (but yet to be built) Cluster Semi-Ds (4-in-1) in Setia Bukit Indah. The same type at Horizon Hills was about RM100k more due to sales gimmicks like claiming to be on prestige land, higher ground, golf course, etc. At that time, Bukit Indah was just a flat piece of land and AEON was just commencing piling works.

Even in Jalan Sipi (behind Danga City Mall), I had almost committed on an old, but still in good and tenantable condition Bungalow (about 6,000 sq ft land) at RM550k, but backed out because of fear of land acquisition by KTM in the future. Its similar land sized next door neighbor with added extension was selling at RM660k, fully and nicely renovated with no further repairs required.

I have been keen in JB properties after my first FD opened with Hong Leong Bank in 1995.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clusters and semis are two different items.
During that time, those in the Bukit Indah vicinity were the hottest, aggressively promoted and selling pretty well. I believe their prices were among the highest already in JB at that time. In JB downtown itself, there were not many new ones except those opposite Taman Tasek, but they are all leasehold properties, which cannot command too high prices. Those outer lying areas (eg: Kempas, Taman Desa Cemerlang, etc) were even lower in their asking prices.

So, I'm curious which part of JB had you invested/bought to have paid for such high prices for your Semi-Ds, 10 years ago?

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.. 10 years ago my houses at rm 700k.. semis..

its total absurd and 100% out of reach for Malaysians back then. Now they are richer. 5 million also can buy. No problems. Thanks to Iskandar rise.. many Malaysians become rich

Many M'sians getting rich due to having worked n earned in Sg/ overseas too.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mpan, you are right in many ways.

I for one who would vouch HDB is good. I stayed in Bedok North which is a 1.5 room style before and my brothers stayed in Bukit Batok near the swimming pool and well as another in a newer one at Guillemard Rd. Absolutely no problem. I think they are good. I seen the closeness of Singaporeans who lived in these HDBs coming together to help during a wake of my relative who passed on. So the question of a cheap pigeon hole is not true. It is just that Singaporeans had been pampered into having these HDBs.

As we grow older, we look for smaller house. So what the CA is there? No buyers, what's there to talk? So the myth of big house means big money is not really true. Yes, quality of life is more important these days. That's why I keep saying you must enjoy investing. If it give you so much pain, it is not worth the journey. Be happy what you have already. Buying one unit of Iskandar is good, buying too many is a risk. Start small. Dip with little toes first.

But what I cannot understand is when one try to talk down on Iskandar politically or racially to make others look good. Actually Singapore is good already, it is just that they want to make it "gooder". It can cut both ways too. Can we agree we do not talk politics here? There are other threads to do that. This is a property thread. Table flipping is not encouraged. Peace. Today is Labor day. So enjoy hoildays.

I'll buy SG than JB 9 times out of 10 but the question is money. How many PR's below 30 years old can afford a HDB?

If your condo in JB is priced right at the right location, i think you can exit targeting that crowd.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
During that time, those in the Bukit Indah vicinity were the hottest, aggressively promoted and selling pretty well. I believe their prices were among the highest already in JB at that time. In JB downtown itself, there were not many new ones except those opposite Taman Tasek, but they are all leasehold properties, which cannot command too high prices. Those outer lying areas (eg: Kempas, Taman Desa Cemerlang, etc) were even lower in their asking prices.

So, I'm curious which part of JB had you invested/bought to have paid for such high prices for your Semi-Ds, 10 years ago?

Sounds like you are not very wel-versed with JB pre-boom era.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like you are not very wel-versed with JB pre-boom era.
(Would you) kindly substantiate with some examples from your "good" experience? If not, then I think you aren't any better than me. After all, I'm not a property agent myself. But honestly speaking, I'd not come across RM700k Semi-Ds in JB pre-2008, not to even mention 10 years ago.

Ah, I now recalled that on 11 April 2009, I went to view those 2½–storey terrace houses (16 units altogether) costing between RM469k (with 1,575 sq ft land area) & RM655k (corner unit with 2,992 sq ft land area) at Lorong 4, in the Jalan Mariamah/Jalan Yahya Awal vicinity. They also had 6 units of 2-storey semi-detached houses costing between RM788k (with 3,478 sq ft land area) & RM829k (with 3,811 sq ft land area) at Lorong 5. They were much more expensive because they claimed that they were the only new landed properties built on freehold land within the Inner Ring Road of JB, which was extremely rare during that time (and I believe so even till today) and also 1 of the prime landed property location in JB. Their sales website used to be http://www.multimax.com.my But that was in 2009, not 10 years ago.

Furthermore, we don't even need to talk about sub-sale (resale) properties because in JB, new properties from developers are always priced higher than those resale properties, presuming both are in the same location with similar land size.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll buy SG than JB 9 times out of 10 but the question is money. How many PR's below 30 years old can afford a HDB?

If your condo in JB is priced right at the right location, i think you can exit targeting that crowd.

Just curious.... Are there condos in JB worth getting now, other than those from PH?

I can understand those who bought the condos maybe several years ago, say 2010 and before in the old JB.

I see the agents marketing the newer ones in Iskandar, like Danga Bay and Medini areas, they are all so ex already, about RM750 psf to even RM1000 psf. I feel such prices are buying to keep or stay there for good. Not really to sell away next time. Likely bought by the very rich Malaysians and foreigners only?

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious.... Are there condos in JB worth getting now, other than those from PH?

I can understand those who bought the condos maybe several years ago, say 2010 and before in the old JB.

I see the agents marketing the newer ones in Iskandar, like Danga Bay and Medini areas, they are all so ex already, about RM750 psf to even RM1000 psf. I feel such prices are buying to keep or stay there for good. Not really to sell away next time. Likely bought by the very rich Malaysians and foreigners only?

Personally i think old town JB priced below 650psf for mid range and below 800psf for high end still got chance to let go. Anything higher seems quite difficult. Of coz location must be good also la, with reputable developer. Anyway, I may be wrong as there's no historical data to show this.

GilaPH

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact Imperia finishing is better than 90% of Singapore condos. Singapore condos are craps

True that! The new condos in spore has really thin walls for the rooms. Went house warming at a friend's place, I had really thought he partitioned the walls to get 5 small bedrooms!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
True that! The new condos in spore has really thin walls for the rooms. Went house warming at a friend's place, I had really thought he partitioned the walls to get 5 small bedrooms!

Many condos in Singapore uses Acotec panels which is 75mm thick only. And it is hollow inside. Noise insulation very bad.
The normal brickwall solid wall is 100mm thick +20mm cement plaster.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many condos in Singapore uses Acotec panels which is 75mm thick only. And it is hollow inside. Noise insulation very bad.
The normal brickwall solid wall is 100mm thick +20mm cement plaster.

New HDB also same. Outside look nice, but the inside is very cheapo. I sit in my guest room which is next to my master room and i can hear word for word my wife is saying in the other. When I on the TV at normal level, the whole house complain say too loud. Walau eh.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
New HDB also same. Outside look nice, but the inside is very cheapo. I sit in my guest room which is next to my master room and i can hear word for word my wife is saying in the other. When I on the TV at normal level, the whole house complain say too loud. Walau eh.

Aha...now we know why birth rates so low. Cannot do free for all in the bedroom, if not whole house can hear. Better do quietly or no do at all.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aha...now we know why birth rates so low. Cannot do free for all in the bedroom, if not whole house can hear. Better do quietly or no do at all.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Lol, you may say it jokingly but I think you have a point, no privacy how to "main".

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this sentosa?

Screenshot_2016_05_05_09_40_52_690.jpg