• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, new to this forum. I just received my keys for imperia condo. Looking to start renovation works. Saw a flyer by zest design & construction in my letter box. I called the no and met up with the boss. He is working on 2 units there and was shown the units already in progress. Seems pretty good work with the ceiling and cabinets/woodwork. If anybody have worked with them, can you let me know if they are ok, before I commit. Please PM me. Thanks.

There is thread somewhere here and there are some mentions of zest,look it up

I got a contractor from jb doing my home few years ago,recommended by many.
it turned out the contractor like any other contractor only good at giving promises and assurances.Their workmanship was mediocre and we are left with broken hinges and the Frosted hydraulic handle broke.we called them but no reply.

The thing is always bear in mind thay when many say good does not mean they are really good.just because someone recommend does not mean they are better than others.it boils down on timing,if that particular time the contractor has too many projects in hand,they start to disappear from yr project and they will rush things which will end up compromising your home.

It's dilemma isn't it.Well almost fool proof way of doing this is to be there constantly during Reno,hold payment until you are satisfied .like my contractor once he received the money,he don't know us Liao ..total amnesia

Shenzhe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw Victor from zest today. Had a little tour of the unit he is currently doing. Seems like he has good skilled Malaysian Chinese workers doing the carpentry works. Workmanship and finishing seems good. Will most likely proceed with him, as his quotation is not far off from the cheapest one I got. Most expensive quote was from about 12k difference. Based on my experience, the cheapest one will definitely cause amnesia. Thanks again.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw Victor from zest today. Had a little tour of the unit he is currently doing. Seems like he has good skilled Malaysian Chinese workers doing the carpentry works. Workmanship and finishing seems good. Will most likely proceed with him, as his quotation is not far off from the cheapest one I got. Most expensive quote was from about 12k difference. Based on my experience, the cheapest one will definitely cause amnesia. Thanks again.

Perhaps this was just a single bad experience, but I saw this link earlier today and thought I'd share..

My personal experience is that any single contractor can be a gift from heaven or a curse from hell! Just stipulate everything, keep an eye on and you should be ok. I have little sympathy for 'bad clients', it's not always the contractor's fault...sometimes they get a wishy-washy customer!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/nusa...n-experience-zest-design-construction-849809/

Shenzhe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found the comments on renovations thread. He has some good and bad comments. I believe there is always 2 sides to the stories. If you read Alexsun and Sandy's write up, that's probably the true stories. Plus sandy's homes' pics told a million stories. Wish I see the bad apples pics too. Victor has told me if you have agreed with payments terms and stick to it. don't delay payments, works will definitely get completed. I believe realistically, the bad comments came from the bad apples who deligently makes it their life time's work to complain without blaming themselves. I run a big MNC in Singapore, I have come across many naysayers, always blaming others but themselves. Let's see how my reno turns out. I have a land plot in ledang heights waiting to build up. If Zest turns out to be a good bet, they will definitely get to do my bungalow project.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I found the comments on renovations thread. He has some good and bad comments. I believe there is always 2 sides to the stories. If you read Alexsun and Sandy's write up, that's probably the true stories. Plus sandy's homes' pics told a million stories. Wish I see the bad apples pics too. Victor has told me if you have agreed with payments terms and stick to it. don't delay payments, works will definitely get completed. I believe realistically, the bad comments came from the bad apples who deligently makes it their life time's work to complain without blaming themselves. I run a big MNC in Singapore, I have come across many naysayers, always blaming others but themselves. Let's see how my reno turns out. I have a land plot in ledang heights waiting to build up. If Zest turns out to be a good bet, they will definitely get to do my bungalow project.

Please do let us know how you get on with them. Will be interesting to know how zest turn out for you. Am looking for a Reno company in 6 months, so keen to hear any positive or negative experiences with this one.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to refocus your strategies...:smile:

Not the only ones re-tooling their strategies: http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/johor-state-govt-attempts-revitalise-mall-medini-nusajaya

I always wondered what on earth the point was of the various shops there. Wandered in one or two times but was always unable to find any reason whatsoever to hang around after buying a coffee. Useless selection of non-entity shops. Which made me a little perplexed...there was a lot of big 'chat' about mall of medini, but the reality I found there was so utterly underwhelming! Perhaps as the surrounding area gets built up there will be more compelling reasons for outlets to open up there...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes definitely it's something that they need to address and quickly. But maybe with the Glenn eagles. It might improve

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the only ones re-tooling their strategies: http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/content/johor-state-govt-attempts-revitalise-mall-medini-nusajaya

I always wondered what on earth the point was of the various shops there. Wandered in one or two times but was always unable to find any reason whatsoever to hang around after buying a coffee. Useless selection of non-entity shops. Which made me a little perplexed...there was a lot of big 'chat' about mall of medini, but the reality I found there was so utterly underwhelming! Perhaps as the surrounding area gets built up there will be more compelling reasons for outlets to open up there...

i hv always thought that mall of medini is meant for exiting legoland customers as a form of relaxation and entertainment and nothing more.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just lower the JB levy. No need to re-tool. Waste money.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can buy a coffee and sit there for hours to enjoy the sea views , only cost you a few ringgit . People need to buy million dollar condo to enjoy the same .:biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just lower the JB levy. No need to re-tool. Waste money.

I think the best way it to provide free bus service to bring people from Bukit Indah , Sutera Mall , JB city ,Jurong Point SG , Jurong East SG . That was how IMM SG turn around in the 90s

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
When nightfall, along that highway(after perling) quiet quiet one. normally i will zoom n get out of e area. the population still not there yet..and not so soon.:p btw, unless got syt, maybe i will drop by there.:p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the best way it to provide free bus service to bring people from Bukit Indah , Sutera Mall , JB city ,Jurong Point SG , Jurong East SG . That was how IMM SG turn around in the 90s

The malls in those Tamans have a lot more to offer, due to captive population. The malls in Medini and Puteri Harbour have a lot to catch up and a lot of up-coming competitors to content with. If you are a retail shop owner, where will you open your outlet? These places will eventually boom if population in the locality grows fast enough to provide the demand. At the moment there are just too many physical and virtual malls.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hv always thought that mall of medini is meant for exiting legoland customers as a form of relaxation and entertainment and nothing more.

It was always supposed to be more than that.

"Envisioned as the premier retail and lifestyle entertainment hub in Iskandar Johor, the Mall will build on its exciting synergy with LEGOLAND® Malaysia and aim to create the gravitational epicentre of the South.
Offering a GFA of 2 million sq ft, the Mall of Medini will be the southern region's largest retail development.
Offering a GFA of 2 million sq ft, the Mall of Medini will be the southern region's largest retail development – larger than the famed Pavilion shopping mall in Kuala Lumpur and Vivo City in Singapore."

Obviously what is there so far falls hilariously short! Perhaps they are waiting on an increasing population density before going hung ho..

http://www.nusajayacity.com/commercial/com_mm.html