• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always think that way. At most you will lose S$350k if the property goes down to zero. But tell me, which property in Malaysia sell for RM 0?

Anyway I am still very happy having purchased a condo in Puteri Harbour. Worst case, if I bleed, I won't lost millions or hundreds of SGD. On top of that I could simply use the unit for my own purpose, either as a weekend or retirement home. :-D

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/property/home-sellers-stung-by-stamp-duties

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always think that way. At most you will lose S$350k if the property goes down to zero. But tell me, which property in Malaysia sell for RM 0?

Condos are relatively new in JB, 30 years down the line we don't know what the state of disrepair could be, so I would not discount the value going down to 0 in the end due to the condition. To me I would rather stick to real landed property.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold got down to zelo value wan mei? (Good condo..like senibong cove wateredge, wahaha..can't help.:p ) :rolleyes:
Leasehold may become zelo value when time is up.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
But condos value depend a lot in upkeep and maintenance so the management team must be good and the residents also just have the same mindset.
Else it'll become a slum very fast and everyone value will be dragged down.
Cant blame people having this type of impression. Especially in Johor just by looking at the older condos.
But perhaps the newer condos will be different.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
But condos value depend a lot in upkeep and maintenance so the management team must be good and the residents also just have the same mindset.
Else it'll become a slum very fast and everyone value will be dragged down.
Cant blame people having this type of impression. Especially in Johor just by looking at the older condos.
But perhaps the newer condos will be different.

Same for landed if the community cannot maintain the same standard... i have seen some landed in some malaysia states..starting nice nice.. after 10 years become slump and some turn into Bird nest business.

We dont have to look far.. i still remember many yesrs ago.. Gelang Patah is very nice... freehold landed... see what happened today?

Everything is Boleh in Malaysia..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gelang Patah? Leisure Farm development after many years still look pretty good,
I think that's a positive example whereby everyone in the community is committed to preserving the condition of the place.
For its age it's pretty well preserve. although I believe it's also partially driven by the fact that the developer itself have a vested interest in maintaining the condition of the estate as they're still selling the units there.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gelang Patah? Leisure Farm development after many years still look pretty good,
I think that's a positive example whereby everyone in the community is committed to preserving the condition of the place.
For its age it's pretty well preserve. although I believe it's also partially driven by the fact that the developer itself have a vested interest in maintaining the condition of the estate as they're still selling the units there.

Wait and see... after so many years... still seeing many empty lands waiting for sales..

Dont get me wrong... am not singing down landed..
Just trying to say... in malaysia...everything is possible.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same for landed if the community cannot maintain the same standard... i have seen some landed in some malaysia states..starting nice nice.. after 10 years become slump and some turn into Bird nest business.

We dont have to look far.. i still remember many yesrs ago.. Gelang Patah is very nice... freehold landed... see what happened today?

Everything is Boleh in Malaysia..

Yes definitely, strange you make that remark though, Gelang Patah landed property still looks good, in fact if you go to the famous seafood Tien Tien Lai restaurant area, many nice humongous landed homes some of which can put Singapore landed homes to shame are being rebuilt there.

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes definitely, strange you make that remark though, Gelang Patah landed property still looks good, in fact if you go to the famous seafood Tien Tien Lai restaurant area, many nice humongous landed homes some of which can put Singapore landed homes to shame are being rebuilt there.

True.. some still maintain quite well.. but a few rolls behind... face palm.. you can see some owners added some structures at their own accord.... My fren (My PR working in SG) owned a unit and has invited me to his place when VP many years ago... the place is like bukit indah....you try to compare GP and BI....u will see the differences...In MY.. be it landed or condo.. have to mentally prepare to move once every few years if you want to have the "like new" feeling...cos they dont maintain like sg.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. some still maintain quite well.. but a few rolls behind... face palm.. you can see some owners added some structures at their own accord.... My fren (My PR working in SG) owned a unit and has invited me to his place when VP many years ago... the place is like bukit indah....you try to compare GP and BI....u will see the differences...In MY.. be it landed or condo.. have to mentally prepare to move once every few years if you want to have the "like new" feeling...cos they dont maintain like sg.

I feel that Taman Sentosa area, some houses still OK shape, of course cannot be like Singapore but definitely will be better than condos once 30 years from now. JB condos will look like slum and turn to become rif raf housing, neighbours will be illegal drug dealers, whore house or foreign worker housing, as I have seen some older JB condos.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
True.. some still maintain quite well.. but a few rolls behind... face palm.. you can see some owners added some structures at their own accord.... have to mentally prepare to move once every few years if you want to have the "like new" feeling...cos they dont maintain like sg.

When you mention adding structures at their own accord, have you been to SG landed estates in the RCR or OCR area? There are also hardly any 'new' landed estates in SG.

I subscribe to the view that as long as my house is nice, can liao lah (just like SG landed owners). Why bother abt neighbours who you cant control, be it in SG, MY, Australia or elsewhere?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you mention adding structures at their own accord, have you been to SG landed estates in the RCR or OCR area? There are also hardly any 'new' landed estates in SG.

I subscribe to the view that as long as my house is nice, can liao lah (just like SG landed owners). Why bother abt neighbours who you cant control, be it in SG, MY, Australia or elsewhere?

Err your point being as a landed owner or condo owner?

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel that Taman Sentosa area, some houses still OK shape, of course cannot be like Singapore but definitely will be better than condos once 30 years from now. JB condos will look like slum and turn to become rif raf housing, neighbours will be illegal drug dealers, whore house or foreign worker housing, as I have seen some older JB condos.

In my opinion.. condo and landed the same.. wait and see as there is no right or wrong answer ...

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion.. condo and landed the same.. wait and see as there is no right or wrong answer ...

Westman you have to see the dynamics different. The mixed bag of people in a mass market landed estate or condo are large...from dont care less about own house to the modern minimalist.

The same apply to SG....same mixed bag of individual habit and budget.....big difference in SG all are lump into HDB. And HDB you cant go too crazy...

westman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Westman you have to see the dynamics different. The mixed bag of people in a mass market landed estate or condo are large...from dont care less about own house to the modern minimalist.

The same apply to SG....same mixed bag of individual habit and budget.....big difference in SG all are lump into HDB. And HDB you cant go too crazy...

Yes and no..
MALAYSIA is kind of Wild Wild West to Sg.. not because they are less developed than Sg but because they tend to be more "cow boy town" than sg...

Individualism is high... owners think its their land/unit and hence has liberty to do what they want. Not forgetting that what is top range property today can be degraded because of new property projects. For closer comparison, we can take penang as example.. if you have been to queenbay arean.. that place is siber swee landed near the seaside 7 to 8 years back. The properties was homogeneous.... today.. the properties are still holding nice price but the homogeneous is getting more fragmented. Am.not saying that is a slump but you can tell the progression is heading into individualism...there is even 1 unit converted into a religion venue...

Am not trying to sing down landed as condo property has the same problem as well.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and no..
MALAYSIA is kind of Wild Wild West to Sg.. not because they are less developed than Sg but because they tend to be more "cow boy town" than sg...

Individualism is high... owners think its their land/unit and hence has liberty to do what they want. Not forgetting that what is top range property today can be degraded because of new property projects. For closer comparison, we can take penang as example.. if you have been to queenbay arean.. that place is siber swee landed near the seaside 7 to 8 years back. The properties was homogeneous.... today.. the properties are still holding nice price but the homogeneous is getting more fragmented. Am.not saying that is a slump but you can tell the progression is heading into individualism...there is even 1 unit converted into a religion venue...

Am not trying to sing down landed as condo property has the same problem as well.

The recent intro of strata titled landed where changes to external facade is not permitted may be the answer.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Although I've seen some that is still managed to do some changes to the facade.
It might be difficult to enforce.
Ultimately the entire community must be of the same mindset and willing to for go some of the individualism for the greater good.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recent intro of strata titled landed where changes to external facade is not permitted may be the answer.

The so called Strata Titled Land is only as good as the Management team that is WILLING to enforce it.

Yes. Although I've seen some that is still managed to do some changes to the facade.
It might be difficult to enforce.
Ultimately the entire community must be of the same mindset and willing to for go some of the individualism for the greater good.

That unfortunately becomes undone, the so called "RICH Ah Bengs" which are plenty, want All their neighbours to know that they have MONEY, so what better way to show it then by doing a change to the property that "reflects their wealth"...... These "Ah Bengs" are from both side of the 'Causeway'...... That aside, there are quite of few like minded owners who having bought into the properties realise that the intrinsic value of the properties lie in their uniformities, which seem to escape these so called individuals..... Look at the matured properties that have lost their values, not only is there "individual expressions of creativity", some of them border on being ridiculously obstentatious and frankly, an eye sore...... Drive around Bukit Indah and Johor Bahru in general to understand......

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
That I've to agree.
It's really depressing to be living in such an area.
You never really know without enforcement you might be living next to a Temple after a few years and then it's goodbye to your property value.